speeding .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

yesterday i was pulled up for speeding on the m6 motorway,the officer gave me a fixed penalty 60 quid fine ,and mandatory 3 points when i hand my licence in,i am now reading on this forum about speed awareness courses and wondering why i wasnt offered one instead of 3 points my average speed over 2 miles was 90 mph.can i ask for one.

I believe speed awareness courses are generally only offered for speeds up to speed limit plus 10% plus 6 so that would mean on a NSL 70mph road they would not offer it over a speed of 83mph.

p.s. you can never "ask" for one, it must be offered by the police.

Are you Scottish and you were caught in England?

I remember years ago in the past this could create weird anomalies, but if you have been disposed "on the spot" then it looks like these issues no longer exist.

10%+9 is now the normal threshold but you're outside that too. They're not offered at all in Scotland and where they are offered it's not always for roadside pulls - in the past many forces have only offered them for camera detected offences and some may still do.