Duncton no 1 /moneybarn what are they up to now - urgent please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We have a 4 year loan with Moneybarn that is due to run out in August.

We have paid over £12k from a £14k loan.

However we did have problems as my partner has been in and out of work.

We took them to the FOS last year as they wouldn't allow us to move our payment date

when he changed jobs and they were charging us defaults and charges

for not paying by direct debit every month.

We won our case and set up an arrangement for the one payment we were now behind.

My partner was then laid off again and we've missed another payment.

A few weeks ago they told us if we didn't pay the two months payments

they would cancel the agreement and take us to court.

We've tried to come to a new arrangement but they refused.

As we also had car tax to pay we told them we couldn't afford to pull out £265 x 2

for the payments plus the car tax all in one month and we'd see them in court .

They subsequently cancelled the agreement and passed us on to their "asset management".

We've now paid more off the arrears and they are now only £300.

They are insisting that they must take us to court and they will only set an arrangement

if they can add the court costs at £175.

We need to sign a new agreement for £413 to include the arrears

and the court charge but part of this arrangement is also that they must view the vehicle

before it goes to court.

We're very nervous about this.

What are they up to now?

Anyone any ideas?

They won't arrange the viewing until they get a court hearing date

so we're left stewing over this.

Meanwhile the car isn't in great nick but its a 1995 car so what do they expect?

We haven't had it serviced and there are one or two bumps and scratches.

But we've paid an arm and a leg for it and its nearly paid for

(The original loan was for £8000 less £1500 deposit so only £6500).

Can they take it from us?????

This is making me ill now

- please help urgently

Hi this is the first time iv ever posted on a forum.

Normally i jus read them, but i had to take the time out and register and make a comment after your your situation.

The same thing happen to my mother last year. although with blockhorse and not money barn.

it was ALOT of stress and pressure for the family. ballifs even took the car away and it was ready to be put up for auction.

What my mum did was basically get a holding order from the court.

its a few forms, but it basically just gives you time to gather the money, or come to some type of agreement / term with money barn. (sorry if the story is jumbled or not accurate / not making any sense)

but all i can do is tell you what happened with her.

the car was taken even with the standing order placed. she went to court and explained to the judge how much she can pay, the car was returned.

please don't worry / get ill. it will work out.

i bought a car 2 months ago with money barn. this month will be my second instalment payment. its due tomorrow and i was actually on here trying to find an answer on wither they take payments on saturday or if it will be the next working day ... monday?

Hi this is the first time iv ever posted on a forum.

Normally i jus read them, but i had to take the time out and register and make a comment after your your situation.

The same thing happen to my mother last year. although with blockhorse and not money barn.

it was ALOT of stress and pressure for the family. ballifs even took the car away and it was ready to be put up for auction.

What my mum did was basically get a holding order from the court.

its a few forms, but it basically just gives you time to gather the money, or come to some type of agreement / term with money barn. (sorry if the story is jumbled or not accurate / not making any sense)

but all i can do is tell you what happened with her.

the car was taken even with the standing order placed. she went to court and explained to the judge how much she can pay, the car was returned.

please don't worry / get ill. it will work out.

i bought a car 2 months ago with money barn. this month will be my second instalment payment. its due tomorrow and i was actually on here trying to find an answer on wither they take payments on saturday or if it will be the next working day ... monday?

Hi - thnks for the note - sorry I can't help you re moneybarns payment date as we always paid ours via bank transfer due to the issues we've had with them. We're a lot more comfortable with our situation now that we've received the court papers and responded. Will let you know happens.

If your loan is due to be paid off in August this year there is no way a judge will let them take the car, you should also ask that the court costs are not added to your account as they have brought the action without cause.

How much are the charges they have added to your account ? are they still charging you each month for not paying by direct debit?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hiya

They have sent in the court claim with a couple of errors so we're hoping this goes in our favour;

1/ They've said the original contract was signed on 19th september 2012!!!

It should say 19th September 2008.

2/ They court papers were issued on the 13th April saying we owe £562

BUT we paid £265 on the 30 March.

So the arrears are only £297.

They have acknowledged receipt on the 30th march so this is extremely misleading.

We have since signed an agreement with them to pay £413 per month in

May, June, July, August and September which will repay the £175 court fee,

the £297 arrears and cover the remaining payments.

They're not charging us for not paying by direct debit now because the agreement is terminated.

I never thought to contest the court fees and its too late now as

I've responded to the court and signed the agreement (but I am going to attend the court).

I just want to agree so that this all gets sorted and I can stop worrying about it.

Plus I thought the more amiable we were the better it would look to the court.

My worry is that there are a couple of bumps on the car

- although the court papers do say they allow wear and tear

- and we've never had it serviced.

I'm worried about them coming to view it in case they throw something else into the mix?

Surely if they've issued their claim they can't change it now?

We're awaiting court date now before they'll come and see the car.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - it went to court

- by the time it had got to court we had caught up the repayments

but Duncton / Moneybarn pursued it anyway.

We actually ended up with extra time to repay the balance on the account

and the judge reduced the repayments for us so it working in our favour.

We kept up the new lower payments and the car is all paid for and we have the log book now.

Hope this helps

also - when they came to view the car they didn't worry about the bumps etc - think they just wanted to make sure we still had it!!!!!if you're having problems with them I'd recommend you let it go to court - the judge was very much on our side