• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBoS are way out of order

nevos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I'm new to the forum, in fact, only signed up last night. I work abroad and often get caught out by RBoS when I either forget to pay in or money doesnt show up on time etc.

In the past two weeks over £500 in charges have been applied to my account, they tell me that it takes them 6 days to clear a cheque that I have paid in to the account, total bull sh_it. Not wanting to go into a ramble, today I sent them the request for 6 years statements along with a £10 PO. Will have to read up on the next step.

Will keep posting here and update on a regular basis, Cheers!

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Best of luck with your claim.

I remember watching a programme on the TV that showed that cheques paid into any other European bank clear almost immediatley, however in the UK, they hold it to make more intrest on them. Just another way of ripping off the UK consumer.

Halifax Prelim letter sent 2/08 Fob off recv'd : 7/08, Settled 17/08, without LBA even being sent : £240 agreed, just £28 short of what we were claiming for!

BoS: All statments recieved, totalling £1,680 before intrest, 09/08 CCA Request sent to Hollis Briggs Solicitors, Prelim sent on 12/8. Hollis briggs never did reply to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). LBA has been sent, and action has begun in the small claims court! Return date 2/11, Prelim. hearing 9/11. Hollis Briggs have dropped the account, which is now back under BoS head office control! BoS ignored court claim, and din't reply at all. Spoke to rachel Hinchliffe, who said they did not recieve summons, now in her personal hands. 2/11 - Recieved noticed of debt collection on this account from Wescot, just more evidence of icompetency, and for court! :lol:

Andy: Thanks for your post. We have 3 accounts with RBoS current and two currency accounts for the business, you wouldnt beleive how long it takes to send USD or Euro to suppliers, I run a small biz more or less a one man band but, these guys kill me in any way they can. I have a bad credit rating so it is hard to change accounts, they even refused to open a limited company account for me. I now use Lloyds TSB and they appear to be more efficient, time will tell. I am learning so much from this site that, if I get back some charges then I will surely donate some of it here,

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi All, 5 clear days after banking a cheque in my RBoS account, I went there today to cash a cheque, they refused to cash my cheque saying " We need 6 clear working days for the cheque you piad in to clear" Do you think is because they have received my request for 6 years statements? and how long will it be before they cut my internet banking? I'm inclined to hit them with a series of small claims such as the £500 odd for the last month and then hit them again for the rest later. The logic is: They will have to pay to instruct solicitors at a rate which would soak up more than the small claims. My other plan was to hit them hard straight away with an LBA and not play around with nice letters of request etc..thanks in advance if anyone has a view please guide me, I am reading as much as poss here.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

I think the general concencuss is to follow the instructions to the letter.

That's what's worked for everyone else in here, if you fire off an LBA right away, then the judge could consider that you did not give the bank enough time to deal with your request internally, and could just throw out your case at his discretion.

If I were you, I would stick to your guns, go for whatever your going for in one go and don't stray from the guidelines.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Hi, thanks! I'm just checking the on line digital statements, have found £743 since mid april this year so, perhaps I wont be so hasty, just feel wound up now hehe..

Make Cash Flow Forecast

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, it is 1 month now since I sent RBoS my request for statements along with a £10 PO, I have also sent them a reminder letter and so far no response whatsoever. Should I send copies to customer services. Thanks.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi All, it is 1 month now since I sent RBoS my request for statements along with a £10 PO, I have also sent them a reminder letter and so far no response whatsoever. Should I send copies to customer services. Thanks.

Hi please remember its 40 days for the dpa compliance. Have you checked to see if the PO has been cashed?

Here is the link for RBS contact details. Try phoning again.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/1628-rbs-contact-details.html

Hi Lively, thanks for your response. When I went to the post office and bought the PO the Lady asked me "did i want it made out to anyone" I said yes RBS, guess she did it and put it in the special delivery envelope soo, all I have is the recorded delivery receipt. Yes, they have 40 days , didnt think they would need so long , not to worry and thanks again! They may come any day.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi All, I checked the delivery status of my statement request and it arrived and was signed for on 2/10/06 so, today I called the Branch and spoke to the Lady who is dealing, she was very pleasant and said " Yes, we have your rquest and I am dealing with it for you, I will call you when everything is ready to send out" Well, I thought OK that's reasonable. Hope they come soon.

Quick one for admin: Does this forum allow file uploads etc? or would it simply slow it down a lot! thanks.:smile:

Make Cash Flow Forecast

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we are past 40 days waiting for the RBS to supply statements though, yesterday, I did receive 6 summary US Dollar account statements which, I had not asked for. I guess the party line will be "sorry we missunderstood your request or something" So, now I'm planning to email the head office as my branch give terrible service. Anyone any good ideas about this please? Thanks in advance.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

and how long will it be before they cut my internet banking?

My account with RBS has been closed since August and i still to this day have full access to my internet banking, they left £21000 in my current account for more than a month, this money was to pay off a personal loan with them.

Hi, yes Nat West did that to me when they took us out of biz 8 years ago, they bounced cheques when we had money in the main branch which they didnt bother to look at. They cut our Internet Banking PDQ because it showed money in the account via TT and lots of their lovely charges all on the same day.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi All, I'm working through my old statements this evening, can anyone tell me if the referal charges are claimable or do they consitute manual intervention and should I leave these off the spread sheet please?

On the statements it simply says charge £20 and then later goes up to £25 the royalties charges are seperate and amount to £5 per month. I think these are referal charges and occur after they levied a returned cheque charge in the month.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi All, I'm working through my old statements this evening, can anyone tell me if the referal charges are claimable or do they consitute manual intervention and should I leave these off the spread sheet please?

Referral charges can be claimed, they are when a transaction is referred to a Manager etc.

Hi, have filled out the simple spread sheet which shows £1397.71 including interest. Going to the next stage now.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hey just let you know RBS are being pain in the arse with us as well,

we got the statement free off the, woohoo as a good will gester they

said. did the maths and they owed us 1200 aprox. Sent the first letter

17 days ago and heard nothing at all, 2 days ago we sent the LBA letter

and upto now we still haven't heard a thing. The waiting game continues

Regards mark

Hi Mark, I'm sure they will react at some point, good luck and thanks for your post. I just wounder how long before the old school tie network plug this drain on their profits. I noticed on my statements they charged me £90 referal charge in one day hehe..

Make Cash Flow Forecast

After filling out the simple spread sheet, I thought I would double check all the charges now, I find that on several months there are charge like £25 and even £33 where usually there is a £5 Royalties charge only. They are charges but in those cases they dont show the Royalties £5 charge but higher charges, any clue anyone please? Thanks in advance. There is no reason for the charge on the statements if it helps.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Im preparing my first letter to RBS and looking through a template i got to this bit:-

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

I am guessing but, if one was in credit at some points then the overdraft interest would not apply only the interest on the money taken. Is this right please? Thanks.

PS So far I have entered the figure exactly as they appear on the simple spread sheet.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Update: Sent first request for repayment on 18th December came out at £1250- without interest. Waiting now.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Nevos, I have to correct Livelylad on referral charges which are claimable as he stated but has nothing to do with them being referred to anyone. The actual referral charge is when an item is paid that takes you over an agreed or unagreed overdraft maximum is 3 x £30 a month at the moment. RBS work similar to NatWest in charges, and I am tempted to start a Royalties Gold and unarranged borrowing. The account service charge is £12 but they do have other packaged accounts but I would recommend looking at the RBS website which may give you a clue.

Nevos, I have to correct Livelylad on referral charges which are claimable as he stated but has nothing to do with them being referred to anyone. The actual referral charge is when an item is paid that takes you over an agreed or unagreed overdraft maximum is 3 x £30 a month at the moment. RBS work similar to NatWest in charges, and I am tempted to start a Royalties Gold and unarranged borrowing. The account service charge is £12 but they do have other packaged accounts but I would recommend looking at the RBS website which may give you a clue.

Bowed to your superiour knowledge NWSM. Shall now seekout RBS customer relations lady (Bolton Branch) that misinformed me when I asked what the referral charge was for. :razz: