• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone didn't update my address & registered a default!!!!**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some advice please about how to remove a default that Vodafone has applied in error.

In October 2008 I wrote to Vodafone informing them of my new address (B Street) and provided the 30 day notice to cancel my contract.

Vodafone wrote back in October 2008 to B Street confirming the contract would end in November 2008.

My ex landlord at W Road committed fraud on my account and £600.00 debited my bank account. This resulted in my Vodafone Direct Debit being returned unpaid in November 2008. which I was unaware of as Barclays due to the fraud wiped any charges that had occured as a result of the fraud.

On 3rd March 2009 my ex flatmate forwarded me a letter from CJGarland.com stating I owed Vodafone £38.00. I paid this online to CJGarland.com and thought that was the end of the matter.

I am emigrating to Australia on 21/5/2012 and have a job lined up in banking. I therefore checked my credit file on 15/2/2012 to see what accounts were open so I could get everything closed down before moving to Australia. (Last week I paid off a £6500 loan 4 years early :-) )

On checking my credit file I found Vodafone had registered a Default on 10/3/2009 which was marked as unsatisifed.

I wrote Vodafone a letter and sent in the post on 16/2/2012 advising that I had found the default and requested that it be removed as I had made the payment.

On 1/3/2012 I had not received a response to my letter therefore I called the customer services department .

1.15pm I was advised I needed the old post code for you to access the account

6.45pm I was told the account was not in my name therefore they could not discuss the account due to data protection

6.50pm I was told that the account was with debt collectors who I should contact on 01429 402431 to raise the complaint. This number does not work.

7.30pm the agent took ages to find my account blaming it on updates and system issues. The agent laughed at me when she saw my account. I asked for the correct telephone number she provided 01429 402 431. I advised this number doesn't work and she told me they do not have another one and to go on yell.co.uk and enter Garland Debt Collectors. I tried yell.co.uk this company does not exist. I have googled this company and the only Garland Debt Collectors that exist are a Texas USA based company.

20.45pm I sent an email to Vodafone Customer Complaints at [email protected] advising of the issue. I received an automated response advising that would contact me within 24 hours

I called Vodafone again on 2nd march and was advised the account is now with cap quest.

I emailed Capquest Sunday 4th March and submiteed complaint to them.

Tuesday 6th March I called cap quest at 1.15pm and was informed account had not been with them since 2009. I emailed Vodafone a 1.30pm advising that I had not received response within 24 hours as promised and that they had misinformed me about who the account was with.

On 9th March I updated my address in case Vodafone have been trying to respond to my complaint email by letter which is why I have not have a response within 24 hours as promised. I emailed Vodafone to let them know I had changed my address with the Customer Services Centre.

15th March I emailed Vodafone stating I received a response stating the details I have provided do not match their records. I sent another email providing the account number, mobile number and information recorded on my credit file.

I phoned collections as the bank statements had arrived which proved I’d made the payment. Sophie said she would call me back. I received a voicemail from Sophie in the Collections Department on evening of Thursday 16th March 2012 around 7pm advising the default would be removed within 14 days as I provided her the payment reference for 38.66 to CJGarland.com

21st March I received a response advising to attach a scanned copy of the payment and was advised that the debt collection agency no longer exists. The same day I receive an email stating the account isn’t under my name. I had already provided the details to Sophie in the Collections Department and was supposed to be on Holiday when I received this so I advised I would send the details when I got back.

23rd March Vodafone emailed me and told me the agent had lied and I would need to send proof of payment to QA Assurance team.

28th March 2012 – I sent the complaint via recorded delivery including the proof of payment which I made on 3/3/2009 to QA Assurance team

On 29th March letter dated 26th March which was the response letter to my letter dated 15th February 2012 arrived!!! No mention of Vodafone not changing my address and they say I haven’t made the payment.

Wrote letter back on 30th March again with proof of payment and I have requested proof of default being sent to B Street.

11th April 2012 Vodafone change my default date from 10/03/2009 to 1/03/2009. I made the payment on 3/03/2009 so this appears illegal to me???

Sorry this has been long but can anybody help me please,

1. Surely the default is illegally marked as Vodafone did not update my address? Therefore I was not notified?

2. I have provided proof of payment that I paid it before 10.03.09 surely moving the default date from 10/3/2009 to 1/3/2009 is illegal given I made the payment on 3/3/2009. I paid it before the default date and on my credit file it now looks even worse!!!

:-(

Just received this tweet from VF

Vodafone UK ‏ @VodafoneUK

@Real_CAG Thank you. Lee will be along to reply as soon as poss. ^PW

Retweeted by ConsumerActionGroup

Hide conversation

• 1 Retweet
  • cagtr64_normal.png

Hi

I have noticed you posted a query on another thread so I pooped over to see if you have had any help yet.

As Lee has yet to visit this thread, I suggest you get pro active and email them using this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-jANUARY-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Make sure you place the automated reply number here so that your thread and email can be joined.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No help yet, I phoned Marihane in Egypt at Vodafone customer Services @ 10.41 who promised a call back by 3pm. Suprise Suprise another promise from Vodafone broken, no call back made.

However, thank you for your advice how long does Lee take to respond. Im pannicking, this complaint was 8 weeks on thursday and I have a job where I need to pass a credit check starting in 5 weeks. Tickets booked for Oz look like they need to be cancelled, job of dreams gone.

I will email them now many thanks

Sam

It may be that common sense may be somewhere within Vodafone and they remove the default.

I am yet to understand that reactions these companies give when asked to remove defaults. With some it's like they would rather remove their own teeth-without anaesthetic than remove a default.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

This Lee seems to have some sense from the other posts I have read. Its just getting so close to judgement day when I either get on that flight or not. I am sick with worry, I should be excited about my new life, new job, going to live with my partner who went out there for work in January but I can't because of this. I have sent so many emails to the vodafone care team that my email knows im sending it there as soon as the letter C is typed. Just awaiting the automated number through now.

• Haha 1

Hi Lee, you advised me that the default would be removed within 48 hours. I don't know whether it's Equifax being slow but I haven't received notification from them of any changes to my credit file. Please could you confirm when the default will be removed so that I can advise my manager that it is fine to go ahead with the credit check required for my transfer.

Thanks

Sam

Hi Lee, received notification from Equifax that you have removed the default. Thank you very much :-) Very happy with you, finally I have spoken to someone @ Vodafone who cares about their customers.

Still need the reimbursement & compensation part of my complaint looked into as this error has caused me stress, worry and had an impact on my bank account for the extra costs.

I can look into how much this has cost me over the weekend if you like. Off the top of my head without working everything out it's 3 months equifax subscription @ 6.99 per month (Now cancelled, great not to be dripping out my account anymore now this is fixed!!!) 2 x credit score checks £5.99 each, Phone call to the Debt Collections Agency from a mobile, 4 x letters sent recorded delivery think about £2-3 each, £10.00 payment to Barclays to order statements, I also had to take 3 hours off work to go to a Doctors appointment for stress. Also gone through 2 ink cartridges, thats the 65 page complaint letter which I sent twice to Vodafone (QA Assurance & Complaints Team), Information Commisioners Office and the Ombudsman. My mum let me off one of them but had to buy the other one. That was £8.00 off Amazon, but I can double check that.

Thanks for all your help Lee. Its a shame that out of all the members of staff I have spoke to over the last 9 weeks you and Sophie from Collections were the only ones who seemed to care. I do unfortunately still have a big dent in my confidence in Vodafone.

Sam

Not to mention any higher rates of borrowing... Keep us informed here and if you have any questions ask away :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Exactly, what I want more than anything else though is for Vodafone to agree to cancel my contract early so I NEVER have to deal with that company everagain. I have lost faith that if anything happens where I need to contact them they will actually help, there customer service has been that bad.

The Ombudsman confirmed on Thursday via email they have received the complaint and continue to look into reimbursement and compensation as Vodafone have yet to address this.

Also received notification in the post from the Information Commisioners Office that they will be looking into this part of my complaint also.

26 days remaining until my flight so hopeful this will get sorted.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that the credit file aspect of your case has been resolved.

I appreciate that your confidence will have been affected by this experience; however, I'm happy to assist you with any future queries which may arise with your existing account with us.

In regard to the compensation element of this matter I'll get back to you as soon as I can to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Exactly, what I want more than anything else though is for Vodafone to agree to cancel my contract early so I NEVER have to deal with that company everagain. I have lost faith that if anything happens where I need to contact them they will actually help, there customer service has been that bad.

The Ombudsman confirmed on Thursday via email they have received the complaint and continue to look into reimbursement and compensation as Vodafone have yet to address this.

Also received notification in the post from the Information Commisioners Office that they will be looking into this part of my complaint also.

26 days remaining until my flight so hopeful this will get sorted.

You could write to Vodaphone asking how much it would cost to end the contract early and to provide a breakdown of their charges if this is more than a months charges

Locutus has pointed out in another thread that a judgement against gym membership might also be relevant for phone contracts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?758-Ashbourne-Gymnasium-case-has-wide-implications-for-other-industries

The main points of the judgment are that the judge said that it was

unfair to impose 3 year minimum contracts and said that contract durations of 12 months were quite sufficient.

unfair to refuse to allow customers to terminate their contract by giving notice to the gym.

unfair to report customers or to threaten to report them to the Credit reference agency where the term requiring payment is unfair.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

I sent you the breakdown of what this has cost me on Thursday. You advised me on Friday you would be in touch.

Today is Wednesday and I haven't heard anything regarding the reimbursement and compensation from you.

How long will this take, as your aware I'm flying soon and I need to get my bank account balanced before I go???

Oh and Lee.

I phoned for a termination fee and I want told £560!!! I phoned in February and is was told £492!!! Please explain how being a customer for longer means that you will charge me more to leave you. Like I have said I don't want to be a customer of Vodafone's again. My partner took internet through Vodafone however, after everything that has happened the last 12 weeks he has decided to leave you. Can't cope with the broken promises and lies!

Hi Sam,

Please be assured that your case remains in hand and I'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

In regard to early cancellation fees these are calculated by multiplying your monthly line rental charge, less VAT, by the number of months remaining of a customer's minimum contractual commitment. This fee is also reduced by a further 2% in line with our regulatory requirements.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by Lee Vodafone Company Rep

Please could you advise when this would be as your aware I first logged my complaint on 15/2/2012 it is 5/5/2012 I fly on 20/5/2012 and you will need to send a cheque give it time to arrive and be able to put it in the bank.

My bank account is £50.00 overdraft because I was out of pocket this month. I have no more pay days left until I'm in Australia so I would highly appreciate it if it didn't take any longer to sort out. This complaint is way over the 8 week timescale (by about a month) already and making me wait another day and another week is very unfair.

I appreciate that you said it would be dealt with but u have had the breakdown of what this has cost me for over a week now. And you have my original request for compensation about 6 weeks ago....

Please deal with this in a timely manner, I have sent the ombudsman a copy of what I sent you detailing what this has cost me.

Please also explain my original question

""I phoned for a termination fee and I want told £560!!! I phoned in February and is was told £492!!! Please explain how being a customer for longer means that you will charge me more to leave you. ""

So why was I lied to in February ??

Hi Sam,

Please be assured that your case remains in hand and I'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

In regard to early cancellation fees these are calculated by multiplying your monthly line rental charge, less VAT, by the number of months remaining of a customer's minimum contractual commitment. This fee is also reduced by a further 2% in line with our regulatory requirements.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Sam,

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Which works out very nicely when compared with the actual losses that Vodaphone will incur. If mobile phone providers were a bit more up-front about the bundling of the cost of the phone rather than saying that it was "free" I would have some sympathy (and the courts would uphold your losses for a broken credit agreement on the phone)

The cancellation fee is one thing. VF also slap on admin fees when a debt is sold to a DCA, This is 15% or £100 whichever is the lowest so no actual figures representing the actual cost of administering the account (and they never will supply them)

In this case Vodaphone has the OP over a barrel.

The OP is starting a new career in banking & wants to get rid of Vodaphone because they have defaulted once & the OP just doesn't trust them not to do it again.

Obviously the OP will just pay up.

In the circumstances I think that Vodaphone should cancel for a nominal amount rather than be seen as a money-grabbing uncaring company that shouldn't be trusted.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply, apologies but that still does not explain why the contract is more to cancel further into my contract than in February.

We do not seem to be getting anywhere in regards to the reimbursement and compensation part of my complaint despite this complaint being raised on 15th February 2012.

I will contact the Ombudsman today and make them aware to continue their investigations as you previously advised me to request that they wait until Vodafone have finished their investigations which I have done. Unfortunately, I am still chasing this complaint up every 2-3 days and have not yet received from you a date when you will have resolved my complaint.

As you are aware I am flying in 11 days, arriving in Australia on 21st May 2012. I am worried that due to this complaint my bank account will be overdrawn as I had budgetted to the last penny, regrettably not taking into account 1. how much this complaint will cost me 2. that Vodafone would increase their early termination charge from £492.00 quoted in February 2012 to £560.00 quote in May 2012.

"When something goes wrong with a company, it's not the issue that ruins customer confidence it's how quickly and efficiently that company fixes the problem".