• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

cassava enterprises

xantantian
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all need help please, my mom has been playing on City bingo run by cassava enterprises, it was advertised as one of those play for free win for real things and now she has had her account closed by cassava security, when i contacted them for her as she had around £40 in this account and this is how they replied :

This is Bernard from the Security Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. Cassava Enterprises manages security services for City Bingo.

I am contacting you with regards to your City Bingo account with the username merrydragon.

Thank you for your e-mail.

When a member signs up their accounts, we give them the extra added value of being able to enjoy Free Games with us. However, if a person is only playing free games or is playing them for a majority of the time in the Bingo room it is against the terms and conditions. Therefore, actions have to be taken for the company to comply with these.

As such your accounts have been closed due to the fact that you have abused this feature.

As such, you are respectfully asked to refrain from registering further accounts with sites owned and/or operated by Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. Any new accounts registered shall be immediately blocked upon detection and any successful deposits or accumulated winnings shall not be paid.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Kind regards,

Bernard.

Security

Department

Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

As you can imagine she is very upset, she is 65 years old, registered disabled and doesnt get out very much so loves playing her bingo and now she has been cruelly cut off and in my opinion ripped off, any advice on what if anything we should do next???? many thanks Xan

oh i will also say that she never recieved any notifications or e mails that she was doing anything wrong by not playing cash games so she never had an oppertunity to rectify the stated issue:-x

I doubt that there is much you can do about this

apart from asking for a ''gesture'' of good will because

of her age and disability.

I have never used such a site but I would assume the

the terms and conditions will be shown on registering

membership.

I guess it's their site and their rules.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sponsione Ludicrae applies - the majority of sportive promises are not enforceable in law (although more are than were in the past).

Even if it had been - its off shore and for not a lot of money; pretty much making it pointless to chase even if the T&Cs were entirely in your favour.

Is there not something similar your mum could play on Face Book?

thanks fo your replys guys as far as playing on face book this was a facebook app that she was paying and i get the impression that the majority of them are run by cassava - i just nipped on their main website and this is what i found under terms and conitions of free bingo

Free Bingo Terms & Conditions

1. Whilst we describe the free bingo games promoted as "free" we do require you to register with us and to be responsible for the associated cost of using the Internet when participating.

2. We use the words "free bingo" in the sense that you do not need to deposit money with us to purchase a bingo card and participate.

3. We use the words "free bingo" in the sense that you do not need to pay anything for the bingo card in order to participate in the Game.

4. You are only permitted to enter Free Bingo for your own personal entertainment and non-professional use. Any other use of the Free Bingo games is strictly prohibited. Constant use of the free bingo rooms (i.e. playing free bingo games more than 3 hours a day on average every week or staying in the free bingo rooms for more than 120 games per week) will be regarded as professional use.

5. The Company reserves the right to block or remove any player who violates or fails to adhere to these terms and conditions without prior warning. Any cash and bonus balances of such players will be confiscated by the Company.

6. To help us combat fraud you must comply with our minimum withdrawal requirements before withdrawing any cash prize.

7. The maximum win for a non-funded player on all games is £100. If you win more than £100, you are entitled to £100 and the remainder will become void.

8. Prior to a first withdrawal, you must have a minimum amount of £30 in your account and have previously funded your account with a cash deposit of at least £5.

9. It takes up to 8 working days to process a withdrawal. We process all withdrawal transactions 2 working days after your request. Your bank or credit card company may take up to 6 working days from then to complete the process.

10. The Company reserves the right to remove or make amends to the free bingo service at any time without prior notice.

11. Please note that Progressive Jackpots are NOT paid out in any of our free rooms or free to enter games.

• 6 months later...

I joined a site called Costa Bingo a few years ago and played a few times. I however stopped playing some time ago and have only recently decided to join again. A few weeks ago I played on European roullette instant game on the Costa Bingo site and was lucky enough to win over 22k! However, when attempting to withdraw my winnings, Costa dragged their heels and made every excuse under the sun in order to stall paying me. Eventually their "security department" (Cassava Enterprises) contacted me by email and advised that they would "not be hounoring my withdrawal due to an ongoing dispute with my bank" I susequently tried to log into my account only to find I could not. The dispute in question was from two years ago when I had my online accounts hacked into and money used & stolen. Cassava are blaming me for this which I find unbelievable. How can I be responsible for something out-with my control?! It was ME that was the victim of fraud, not them! I told them if they had a problem, then they'd have to contact my bank. I just keep getting the same response though. Now they are trying to say I had more than one active account open, rubbish! Cassava Enterprises qiute simply DO NOT want to pay me, especially when I won far more than I deposited. That's life changing money to me. How dare these cowboys keep what is rightfully mine! I have just wrote to the Gilbraltar Government complaints dept to see if anything can be done. I am physically shattered trying to reason with Cassava, they are using any old excuse in order to justify keeping my winnings. The company is utterly suspicious. I won fair and square using my own money, I made withdrawals before on the site, so why now when I win big do they have an issue?! These guys are terrible and they aint gonna get away with witholding that large a sum from me!........................Grrrrrr :mad2:

Edited by ims21

• 3 months later...

I am having lots of problems with 888ladies another cassava site. and to top it off while they are investigating this more money is going out of my bank account which i cant stop until right dept to do it is closed now until morning . They made a mistake with my withdrawal and paid it to the wrong account which clearly stated "not available" as i was a victim of fraud last year but i had registered and deposited on my new card since end of last year. i emailed them as i was asked by support and never got a reply. a lady rang me last week to say she was sorry she was putting it in my bank as we spoke. I thought that was that meanwhile i won £200 on another site (not cassava) and was expecting that in my account around the same time, plus my wages. then yesterday i went on my online banking to find cassava had taken 2x£60 out (£120) . i was horrified i looked back to see if i could shed any light on this to find they had paid my £60 in 3 times but no one had informed me they had done this or that they would like to recover it from my bank. they just went to my bank and took it meaning i was well into the red . i have just been on my banking again to find another £10 gone which i know for a fact i havent spent thats from cassava too. i just rang the bank but the dept is closed til morning and i have 1.28 in my bank omg . im sorry but something fishy is going on here and god knows how many times its happened i am cancelling my card with the bank and instructing them that nothing!!!! must be paid to this company whatsoever. I have also written to the gaming commission in gibralter but doubt anyone there will care much.

I am having lots of problems with 888ladies another cassava site. and to top it off while they are investigating this more money is going out of my bank account which i cant stop until right dept to do it is closed now until morning . They made a mistake with my withdrawal and paid it to the wrong account which clearly stated "not available" as i was a victim of fraud last year but i had registered and deposited on my new card since end of last year. i emailed them as i was asked by support and never got a reply. a lady rang me last week to say she was sorry she was putting it in my bank as we spoke. I thought that was that meanwhile i won £200 on another site (not cassava) and was expecting that in my account around the same time, plus my wages. then yesterday i went on my online banking to find cassava had taken 2x£60 out (£120) . i was horrified i looked back to see if i could shed any light on this to find they had paid my £60 in 3 times but no one had informed me they had done this or that they would like to recover it from my bank. they just went to my bank and took it meaning i was well into the red . i have just been on my banking again to find another £10 gone which i know for a fact i havent spent thats from cassava too. i just rang the bank but the dept is closed til morning and i have 1.28 in my bank omg . im sorry but something fishy is going on here and god knows how many times its happened i am cancelling my card with the bank and instructing them that nothing!!!! must be paid to this company whatsoever. I have also written to the gaming commission in gibralter but doubt anyone there will care much.

Hi suziejet.

From my posts you will see exactly how cassava have treated me. As for writing to the gambling commission, I unfortunately don't think you will get anywhere with them. I say this because I too was the victim of online fraud. A lot of my various accounts were accessed and money both stolen and spent on them, including cassavas costa bingo. When I put this to Gibraltar, the guy that deals with complaints (Mr X) kept trying to suggest it was I who was the fraudster, and also strongly suggested I contacted the police. I told him I had no reason to contact the police because my bank kindly replaced my stolen money without the need of police involvement.

Thus ensured email after email between us. With Mr X repeatedly urging me to contact the police, to my constant response, no, I don't need to. I just want my confiscated winnings back. Eventually I gave up as I was clearly not going to get my money. It was a hard thing for me to accept since my winnings were in excess of 22k, But I was truly sick & tired of it all. The whole Island is a joke! I am still seething at what they have all been able to get away with.

I'm shocked to hear it's still being allowed, and am really shocked by your story. In your case I WOULD contact the police as they have blatantly accessed your personal bank account and something has happened with your hard earned cash.

I really hope you have more success than I.

Good luck, hate to say it, but I feel you may need it.

Ross.

Edited by rossco34

Hi all need help please, my mom has been playing on City bingo run by cassava enterprises, it was advertised as one of those play for free win for real things and now she has had her account closed by cassava security, when i contacted them for her as she had around £40 in this account and this is how they replied :

This is Bernard from the Security Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. Cassava Enterprises manages security services for City Bingo.

I am contacting you with regards to your City Bingo account with the username merrydragon.

Thank you for your e-mail.

When a member signs up their accounts, we give them the extra added value of being able to enjoy Free Games with us. However, if a person is only playing free games or is playing them for a majority of the time in the Bingo room it is against the terms and conditions. Therefore, actions have to be taken for the company to comply with these.

As such your accounts have been closed due to the fact that you have abused this feature.

As such, you are respectfully asked to refrain from registering further accounts with sites owned and/or operated by Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. Any new accounts registered shall be immediately blocked upon detection and any successful deposits or accumulated winnings shall not be paid.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Kind regards,

Bernard.

Security

Department

Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

As you can imagine she is very upset, she is 65 years old, registered disabled and doesnt get out very much so loves playing her bingo and now she has been cruelly cut off and in my opinion ripped off, any advice on what if anything we should do next???? many thanks Xan

oh i will also say that she never recieved any notifications or e mails that she was doing anything wrong by not playing cash games so she never had an oppertunity to rectify the stated issue:-x

Hi there.

That's absolutely disgusting behavior, especially as your mum is registered disabled. They advertise free bingo for all, regardless of how much you deposit. The free bingo abuse rule is utter nonsense in my opinion. Cassavas terms & conditions are a load of bull. We wouldn't get this kind of shoddy behavior from one of the better known online gambling sites, ie: ladbrokes or William Hill. Mickey Mouse outfit is what cassava are.

I would follow BRIGADIER2JCS advice and ask them for that "gesture" of good will payment as your mums age and disability should work in her favour. Keep annoying them till they pay up what is rightfully yours.

Fingers crossed and good luck.

Ross.

Edited by ims21

You are free to speak but within the rules of the site.

They are there for the protection of CAG and the members, including yourself and hence the edits.

Yea but why change the chaps name I mentioned? I don't understand you doing that. I do however understand why you removed the swear, even if I did blank most it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ross plz pm me, I would really like to help u get ur money, I for one have had enough of this network with so many ppl having the same issue, I did find a phone number for gambling commision but its a london number 0121 230 6666. I would really like to help you, im just a normal person like you, but i have had enough of this, have you u gotten any legal advice yet? Get bk to me

Hi ross plz pm me, I would really like to help u get ur money, I for one have had enough of this network with so many ppl having the same issue, I did find a phone number for gambling commision but its a london number 0121 230 6666. I would really like to help you, im just a normal person like you, but i have had enough of this, have you u gotten any legal advice yet? Get bk to me

Hi There.

Can I ask what cassava done to you please?

Well myself and my partner have had emails asking us to join there sites offering a fully funded account worth upto £1000 but every time we get one of these emails and sign up to another one of there sites, we never get the fully funded account. They make exuses up all the time, ie card details were not entrered correctly when registering, even though after the 1st time this happened on one of there sites we treble check our card details but still get this excuse. And when you go to there help room its full of other ppl having the exact same problem and getting the exact same excuse. Something has to be done, its not right that they are getting away with this. Just curious did u make any withdrawls prior to u winning big? Even if you only withdrew £30 it would prove its the amount they r having issues with. Get a lawyer and I hope u have kept all replys from them cause they seem to have changed the reason for refusing the withdrawl on a few occasions and I think that would stand u on good ground if it were to go to court. Also there customer service is appauling, really rude staff, I am myself going to have to get in contact with the overseas regulator, and if no help there, maybe the newspapers, cause this is fraud by them on a very large scale

I am amazed by this place really i am do you know how many bingo halls they own ??? shall i tell you they have in excess of 80 bingo sites I found, about 3/4 of them run of one template, people have no idea they are playing all the other sites put together.

So when they see say 50 people playing they think its their own site playing,

it is not its all the sites together.

There are are 4 formats costa, cheeky, foxy and a few others on one, then gus Diva, think, gossip bingo on another.

Then city bingo, sing bingo on another and then moon bingo, Iceland bingo, polo bingo etc playing on another format.

Then we have snap bingo, hippo bingo, lippy bingo nova bingo, banjo bingo, louex bingo, daisy bingo, we want to bingo, white rose bingo, bingo wags, bingo calling, bingo me happy, kiss my bingo, bingo cove, etc etc etc etc etc all playing on another template the same games same rooms same hosts on others.

How can they be allowed to have all the same bingo sited split into different companies but really its not its the same company???

I joined one a few months ago but when the bonus ran out or i won i found it again and again and again all these other sites....

just put int fluffie`s or secret garden slots i joined most of them.

They wrote to the few email accounts i have to open up other accounts with the same sites - so i did, they have now banned me as they say i broke their rules while owing me about £150.00 pounds.

They paid me OK before, does take maybe a week but i only had small winnings but now after allowing me to have all these different accounts with all their different sites, allowing me to join again with different emails now suddenly i broke the rules! after months......

I got same person writing Bernard.

Why not join - they are using us by having probably near 100 bingo sites and not telling people/everyone the 50 odd payers are made from the other 50 odd sites..... put together

I told them i would go public i was not looking for this site and just came across it

So thought i would add my comments.

Yes like eBay once they operate from abroad it is really difficult to do anything about it here different rules and once they deem and block you even harder...

I was never warned except from 2 sites which i only had one account, the others did not, i wanted the bonus as you know how how hard it was to win a game with 50 odd people near impossible .........

So i played the slots as that is where you could make a little money sometimes

But i have never been blocked from anything my life!

I even got them a couple of people who joined

They are not replying to me now

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Been a while. I was kinda hoping to see a post saying something like "Cassava Enterprise shut down, all money returned to their rightful owners" but I suppose thats wishful thinking :pray2:

Is anyone taken notice of these clowns at all.....................ANYONE?!

O well, maybe when hell freezes over.

A still livid Ross.

Hi they own 888 casino and loads more i think all bingo sites are rip offs they are set up so you cant win and still cassava bingo write do youknow there are about 100 sites run by them OMG :-x

what are yo going to do ?

karen

Hi they own 888 casino and loads more i think all bingo sites are rip offs they are set up so you cant win and still cassava bingo write do youknow there are about 100 sites run by them OMG :-x

what are yo going to do ?

karen

Hi Karen,

Yes I am well aware of cassava. I have done extensive homework on these people, believe me. Months upon months of countless emails/phonecalls back and forward...........pointless all of it. I take it you know these :censored: withheld 22k from me? 22k that they actively let me win I might add!

Cheers, Ross.