citicard cabot kingshill all in one

JULI99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

STORY SO FAR

S.A.R SENT OUT 19TH JULY

RECIEVED STATEMENTS ETC

TOTAL LATE PAYMENT FEES ETC BEFORE INTEREST £800 AND LINE IN WHAT I PRESUME WAS THE COPY OF MANUAL INTERVENTION STATING DEBT SOLD.

ALL THE STATEMENTS CAME FROM CITICARD AND I CAN STILL SEE MY UP TO DATE "STATEMENTS" ON CITI WEBSITE BUT 2 MONTHS AFTER DEBT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN SOLD STATEMENT READS

CABOT SALE £XXXX.XX-

THIS 4 FIGURED SUM IS THEN DEDUCTED FROM WHAT I OWE

SO WONDERED WHO DOES OWN THIS DEBT AND HOW MUCH DO I OWE. CABOT HAVE NEVER SENT ME A STATEMENT

SENT OUT CCA WITH £1 P.O. TO CABOT 7/9/06 BUT DIDN'T READ THRU IT PROPERLY AND LEFT LINE IN SAYING "I AM NOW IN DISPUTE WITH CAHOOT" WHOOPS :oops:

SENT OUT CCA WITH ANOTHER £1 P.O. ON 8/9/06 RECTIFYING LINE.

SEEMED TO HAVE PICKED UP A DEFAULT AS WELL

PHONED ROYALMAIL TODAY AS NEITHER LETTER CAN BE FOUND ON THEIR TRACK AND TRACE. NICE LADY TOLD ME WHEN DELIVERING SACKS OF MAIL IF STUFF NEEDS TO BE SIGNED FOR CABOT ARE GIVEN THE CARD TO SIGN AND RETURN AT A LATER DATE. WHICH COULD TAKE UP TO 5 WEEKS.

SO UNTIL CABOT DECIDE TO RETURN CARD 12 WORKING DAYS CANNOT START.

JULI99:evil:

hi, each of my cabot mails in the last 10 days have been signed for within 2 days of posting. The leaving the card with Cabot sounds abit dodgy to me. I thought the Royal Mail would have to keep control of all aspects of secure mail? I would challenge that with the customer Services department.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Spoke To Another Person At Royal Mail Who Advised That Better To Do Special Delivery Just In Case Company Refusing To Sign. Anyway Back To Square One Going To Get Cca To Cabot Out Tomorrow Think I Will Send Cca To Citicard For Good Measure. Find Out Exactly What Is Going On.

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Got Back Reply From Cabot Saying That Citicards Hold Original Agreement And Citi Would Send It On To Me.

Citi Cards Did Send Original Agreement But Nowhere On It Do They Say I Took Out Cardholder Protection Insurance. So Will Ask For Signed Documentation On This.

Would Like To Know Who I Go After For Late Charges Currently Running At Several Hundred + Interest And As I Suspect Insurance Which Will Probably Amount To Several More Hundred + Interest.

Juli 99

Update

Got Back Reply From Cabot Saying That Citicards Hold Original Agreement And Citi Would Send It On To Me.

Citi Cards Did Send Original Agreement But Nowhere On It Do They Say I Took Out Cardholder Protection Insurance. So Will Ask For Signed Documentation On This.

Would Like To Know Who I Go After For Late Charges Currently Running At Several Hundred + Interest And As I Suspect Insurance Which Will Probably Amount To Several More Hundred + Interest.

Juli 99

You go after citi - they cahrged you not cabot. There is a citi forum which may give you an idea of whats happening. Quite a few claims in now.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 1 month later...

Wrote to Citicards asking for copy of signed documentation regarding them taking credit payment protection from my account.

Recieved reply today saying that in the credit agreement they sent me I had actually marked the box under optional insurance protection. Their is no such box on the credit agreement.

Also am I right in thinking that if you have asked for card protection insurance then all details of it should be set out on the credit agreement like percentage charges etc and not a rather ambiguous paragragraph in small print on the back. The paragraph reads

Insurance you can trust

The benefits are provided through Card Protection Plan Ltd (CPP) which arranges direct cover for you, as your agent, with an authorised insurance company which has chosen English law to govern the policy. Further details and an insurance policy pack will be forwarded on acceptance of your proposal. The information which you give will be held by CPP, as agent for the insurer, to administer the policy for which you apply. Any complaints should be addressed to CPP at the address supplied in the policy pack.

Firstly I know I did not recieve the policy pack

Secondly the bit about accepting my proposal suggested to me that if I wanted insurance this was what was on offer, rather than that I was signing up for insurance.

Thirdly if signing the credit agreement meant that I was signing up for insurance and it was then in place why then does it go on to say

"The information which you give will be held by CPP, as agent for the insurer, to administer the policy for which you apply."

I know my english is not good, but this sounds like future tense and after signing the credit agreement you will be able then to take up the offer of insurance.

Anyone else had this.

JULI99

• 1 month later...

Had a further look at the credit agreement and read around this site. Can I ask if the CPP insurance is not set out on the credit agreement but was taken from day 1 would that mean the credit agreement was improperly executed and as such makes the debt nul and void. I am certain I did not ask for any insurance.

I know I should have spotted the insurance being taken sooner and done something about it but I didn't. In the space of two years my father was diagnosed with cancer, I had two children, my father died and I lost three jobs. Things have calmed down, found a good job and now trying to put my life back on a more even keel.

I have three credit cards in this position where insurance was taken out from inception but was not "mentioned" on the credit agreement.

Anyone advise which route I should pursue.

1. Go for all the debt written off because of an improperly executed credit agreement.

or

2. Just add the CPP + interest to my charges and claim back a lump sum.

Many thanks

juli99

• 2 months later...

Got in touch with nice lady at OFT who told me to send the copy of credit agreement to her so she could have a look at it. I just needed to be sure that I hadn't missed something.

Anyway to cut a long story short she said I hadn't missed anything, there was no mention of my having taken out insurance and that my next step should be court action.

Prelim sent and Citi replied with stuff about having been successful with at least a dozen claims and the fairness of their £12 charges.

Do you think they even read my letter or do they just send these letters out as a matter of course.

I was also claiming all my insurance payments back. Their was no mention of these.

If they had been successful surely they would have backed this statement up with at least the case numbers of the cases they had supposedly won. After all these cases are in the public domain so to speak.

They speak about the fairness of their £12 charge. Not to sure how relevant this is as they have always charged me £25.

juli99

Juli Citi are very hard to deal with but you are doing all the correct things. The only way they will make you a full refund is either through court and then you can claim your interest charges plus costs or through the Financial Ombudsman Service. The FOS won't add interest but you will get your costs back and so far every one who has gone via FOS has had their charged refunded. However it may take 8 weeks or so.

And yes you are correct. No-one reads the letters or answers you letters at these companies they are all operated by computer.

Watch BBC2 Whistleblower tonight at 9.00pm.