Council And Flood Damage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry This Is So Long :

im hoping someone can help me ive been renting my house from the council for 10 yrs never bothered them for anything , well anyway last week a pipe was leaking under my sink it had gone all under my lino floor and had even made its way to my living room before i noticed ,rang the council they said we,ll have a plumber out to you asap , 40mins later im ringing again cos the house is getting wetter , he turned up he was a 70yr old and i felt awful he was run off his feet , he asked me where the stop coc was which i didnt have a clue my husband used to deal with all that and i assumed plumbers knew , it seemed like ages before he done it ,

so anyway 4 days later im standing on my lino floor and its wetter than normal thought oh no please check under sink its leaking again

rang up council in a rage saying that last time the plumber said he was going to report back that i needed a sink asap and i heard nothing she fobbed me off with some excuse so i said its not fair i cant take up my lino floor or living room floor for health reasons (chronic asthmatic allergies to dust etc) without putting a new floor down again and it was not fair as it was not my fault she then said all i can do for you is get the inspector out to you on the 12th april !!

so for the next week i have to put up with a damp floor as it isnt soaking wet much now but i can imagine that the council plan these things cos he will say theres nothing wrong with the floor cos its not ripped (even though with all that water drying it will be moldy its alright smelling weird but i imagine again the inspector will find some other excuse for them not to help me

my living room floor i put down wooden flooring well its come away at the joins

when the other plumber came he fixed it within minutes and said look im going to report back to my boss cos that sink isnt safe u also need other things

is there anyway i can get them to help me sooner i really cant afford to go replacing flooring ?

also the council put up the rent for home improvment which they promised us it would be all done by 2010 and im still waiting i still dont have a combi boiler

i have to freeze cos if i want my heating on which doesnt warm the house that much it would cost me £40-£50 which i dont have

i really dont know who i can ask for help with all this as my husband dealt with all this

ive been tossing and turning in bed worrying and that is why im posting in here at this time

any help will be gladly appreciate

thank you

A lot of councils have transferred their housing stock to housing associations, is your home owned by the council or a housing association?

If it is owned by council, contact your local councillor and get them to move things forward. You could also ask your MP to contact the council.

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Hi Lifeis2012

I know its hard stay calm you are in the correct place to get help and advice, as its the easter holidays and weekend sometimes its quiet but you will get help and advice from the Caggers.

If you dont mind mentioning which council? (so can do a bit of digging to get you more info)

Am I right in saying that the first plumber to come out actually failed to rectifiy the leak and the second plumber managed to actually rectify the leak but stated you required a new sink and other items retifying? (if this is correct what was the timeline between first and second plumber?)

How are the council drying out the flooring that has become saturated with water?

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hi

its carmarthenshire county council and the 1st plumber said it was fixed then 4 days later i noticed it again so it was around 4 days between the 2 plumbers coming out

the 1st plumber said himself i needed a new sink but when i rang the council they fobbed me off when i asked if the plumber had told them i needed a new sink she said "yes cos the case is open sorry i cant tell you what happened though just wait until the inspector comes out in a week and then tell him u need a new sink" !!

And the council are not doing nothing to saturate the water with the flooring , all they have said to me is wait until the inspector comes out on the 12th

thanks again

Hi again

Right to get started when you contacted the council housing on both occassions

1. Did they carry out repairs efficiently and within the timescales set for that type of repair?

2. Did they finish repairs in one go, if possible?

3. Did they repair all faults that we are responsible for?

Were you informed of the following Under their Housing Repair leaflet:

"The Right to Repair":

1. Tell you what repairs are covered under the right to repair scheme?

2. Tell you how quickly we must carry out the repairs?

3. explain your right to have another contractor carry out the repair if the first contractor doesn’t do it on time?

When the contractors/plumber arrived on both occasions did they do the following:

1. Display ID badges at all times?

2. Produce good-quality work and respond to your needs and requests?

3. Be professional and polite?

4. Leave your home safe and secure?

Also these may help at the moment:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No they didnt repair the leak the first time and when i said about the floor being soaking was told nothing but "theres nothing we can do about that"

the 2nd plumber who came out fixed it and said like the last plumber "u have got to have a new sink"

and No they didnt repair all of the faults the 1st plumber said he had to go quickly cos another person has a leak

even today the taps are not sitting right no seal at the bottom of it and now there is mold /black stuff coming out from behind on top

Terribly sorry i havent been on sooner internet went down

a HUGE THANK YOU for your leaflets i will defo give them a ring later on

id searched online and found nothing myself so i very much appreciate it

i was hoping the floor wouldnt affect my chest but it is and that has disheartened me

im a chronic asthmatic and allergic to dust

i know what you are probally thinking that i should take the lino floor up but apart from i have no help as i have seperated from my husband so i know i wouldnt be able to do it myself and second the floor underneath has been there since they built this house i really cant bring myself to do it im trying so hard to make this house homely and these things happen

i also have an electric socket in my bedroom that is off the wall and wires showing

also my uncle went mad when he seen that my cooker connector was right by my washing pipe connectors he kept saying how dangerous it was ,

also the double socket that has the cooker switch on it u have to put 2 of the red switches on to get electric from it

all i want is just them to rectify it put it back to the way it was before and im not left with them taking the lino floor up and putting down them awful yellow/beige slates that were in the houses when they were built ,

our rent has gone up last year and again this year they keep on its for home improvments yet i dont even have a combi boiler

others around my area have had a shower /kitchen . and radiators

ive given up putting my heating on cos it NEVER heats the house jusy wastes more pf my money : (

thanks again loads all of you