hope I am in correct forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are that many forums/sub forums, I hope I am in right one????

I am supporting my daughter, who has been fooled into borrowing money for a man, he has gone, and debts are in her name.

After contacting CCCS and National debtline, I have in place £1 per month with her lenders, so that side is ok.

My only query is S.power, as she owes £300 and through her prepayment meter, she has to pay £3.50 a week to clear debt, and SP tell me, they have agreed with Social Security that the minimum payment for this sort of thing is going up soon.

But the big surprise is, if she wants meters removing (fitted free) she must pay £150 each meter, and after staying with them for 1 year, she gets the £300 back. But, she will not get back, the £100 cost of engineer to remove meters.

Any advice welcome

There are that many forums/sub forums, I hope I am in right one????

I am supporting my daughter, who has been fooled into borrowing money for a man, he has gone, and debts are in her name.

After contacting CCCS and National debtline, I have in place £1 per month with her lenders, so that side is ok.

My only query is S.power, as she owes £300 and through her prepayment meter, she has to pay £3.50 a week to clear debt, and SP tell me, they have agreed with Social Security that the minimum payment for this sort of thing is going up soon.

But the big surprise is, if she wants meters removing (fitted free) she must pay £150 each meter, and after staying with them for 1 year, she gets the £300 back. But, she will not get back, the £100 cost of engineer to remove meters.

Any advice welcome

Hi supporter

I am not too sure what you are asking here.

I presume the S Power debt is for the current electricity supplier, which would really be classed as priority creditor.

Are you hoping to have the meter removed & offer £1 token payments, if so this would not likely be accepted.

The minimum 'recognised' payment may be increasing they usually do this every April but is usually only by 10 or 20p, mind you Im not sure of the figure for this year and nothing would surprise me the way things are going.

Did your daughter request the meter to be fitted as a result of accrued arrears etc?

Is there any paperwork from S Power with regard to the original fitting of the meter that mentions the £100 cost to remove etc

If the meter was removed is there a chance that she might not be able to meet future supply payments as they fall

What did the Nat Debtline and CCCS people advise on the S Power debt?

There are charities and trusts that consider applcations for grants towards utility bills & arrears and may be worth a try info below

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer1_energy_and_water_e/consumer1_energy_e/faq_index_gas_and_electricity/faq_gas_and_electricity_help_to_pay_fuel_bills.htm

Edited by Wintry