19 March 2012: Changes to Money Claims at the County Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These changes only apply to money claims that previously would have been submitted to your local County Court using form N1. Online claims made via MCOL are unchanged.

From 19 March 2012, if you want to make a county court money claim you must send the claim form to the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC) instead of a county court.

This change forms part of the improvements that are being made to the administration of civil business.

Cases will be issued at the CCMCC and where they become defended and ready to be allocated to track, they will be transferred to an appropriate county court. As with the electronic claims services, claims started at the CCMCC will be issued in the name of Northampton County Court.

The CCMCC will be supported by a dedicated telephone contact team who will deal with all enquiries relating to cases being processed there.

In order to process your claim efficiently, from 19 March 2012 you must:

• Mail direct all county court claims made under Part 7 of the Civil Procedure Rules that are claims for money only, to:

Salford Business Centre
    PO Box 527
    Salford
    M5 0BY

DX
    Salford Business Centre
    DX 702634
    Salford 5

• Return any subsequent documents on those claims - eg acknowledgements of service, defences, requests for judgment, allocation questionnaires, to the same address.
  • Direct any enquiries on cases proceeding at the CCMCC to the number below.

For email enquiries: [email protected]

For e-filing enquiries: [email protected]

For phone enquires: 0300 1231372

Note: This applies to claims started after 19 March 2012

Other important information:

• Some of forms have also changed. From 19 March 2012 you must use new form N1 (claim form together with notes in form N1A) and new form N149 (small claims allocation questionnaire) where appropriate. New forms will be available on the Justice website two weeks prior to changeover and use of these will aid the application process.
  • Claimants should be advised to retain a copy of their claim before sending to the CCMCC as it requires one copy for the court file and a copy for service on each defendant and will be unable to return any copies to the issuing party.
  • The CCMCC will process claims on receipt, so refunds will not normally be available. Therefore court users should be advised to check their claim carefully before submitting it and make sure they wish to proceed with the action
  • Where claims become defended or require a hearing before a judge, they will be transferred to an appropriate county court. This court will depend on the circumstances of the case and the parties involved.
  • Claimants must indicate the court to which they would prefer the case to be transferred when completing the claim form. N1 by filling in the section marked 'Preferred Court'. However the court of transfer will be decided by criteria set out in the Civil Procedure Rules
  • Details on how to complete form N1 are contained in Form N1A.
  • The County Court Bulk Centre at Northampton will continue to deal with Money Claim Online (MCOL) users and issuers of bulk money claims. Remember the online process offers a cost efficient way to process your claim. View details about Money Claim Online.
  • HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) are also working to improve the user experience for these services and modernise the way it takes payments.

Some changes have been made to the Civil Procedure Rules, specifically the Part 7 practice direction. View the revised rules and practice directions.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/newsandevents/news/view=newsarticle.law?NEWSID=445622

So far the Salford Business Centre has been a disaster.

Expect delays and missed deadlines aplenty!

Absolutely Gany

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My landlord issued a claim against me in December and that went through the Salford Centre, there wasnt really any problems, but deadlines were a bit tight and a couple of times I had to email to check they'd received stuff. I expect when it all goes live in ..eerr..yestyerday they may be problems.

Personally I far prefer being able to hand stuff in at my local court and ask questions and normally get good answers...in fact Ive got one linmed up for Thursday, (perhaps someone here will know ?. Ive applied for summary judgement and have more info to add to my statement of case, can I just had in my additional info ?).

Andy

Ive applied for summary judgement and have more info to add to my statement of case, can I just had in my additional info ?).

Andy

Supplemental WS required Andy seek permission of the Defendant and the Court first.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread