• Tweets

• Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
    • I'm afraid that I have tried downloading it three times and each time I am getting an error message. Would you mind scanning it again please and uploading it again. I understand that JK has managed to open it but others may not. Thanks
    • I can see that.   In this case, I'd email both that receipt and your tracking label to evri's small claims email and say that is the information you have.   They'll figure it out from there I'm sure
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Summer 2012

babybear39
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone got any ideas about a summer 2012 meet?

I's say Brum again or Wales.

Can put up at least 10 people at my house and there's a new Premier Inn 6 miles away which has it's own pub/restaurant and another decent pub/restaurant ten minutes walk that does very good food for excellent prices...

Anyone up for it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, BB,

Hope you're well.:-)

I'll keep an eye on this thread, if it ends up in Cardiff and we're well enough to be there at the time, we'll come.

All best,

H.xx

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

Hi, BB,

Hope you're well.:-)

I'll keep an eye on this thread, if it ends up in Cardiff and we're well enough to be there at the time, we'll come.

All best,

H.xx

Hi H,

Not too bad considering...

Hope you and yours are well?

Kind regards,

BB x

Hi H,

Not too bad considering...

Hope you and yours are well?

Kind regards,

BB x

Yes, BB, cheers for your kind offer.

We've been better (IB to ESA migration :madgrin: amongst the usual mithering/paperwork) but you've just got to hope it all turns out all right in the end, eh?

Take care, it would be lovely to meet you some day & buy you & a few other helpful CAGgers a pint:-)

Right, back to watching Cymru v. Ffrainc (from between my fingers....!)

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, BB, cheers for your kind offer.

We've been better (IB to ESA migration :madgrin: amongst the usual mithering/paperwork) but you've just got to hope it all turns out all right in the end, eh?

Take care, it would be lovely to meet you some day & buy you & a few other helpful CAGgers a pint:-)

Right, back to watching Cymru v. Ffrainc (from between my fingers....!)

Cardiff is a great night out and there are plenty of decent cheap city centre hotels including a travel lodge next to Walkabout :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've just been through the ESA ****e and been shoved in the WRAG group! FFS!!! How many times do they want me to die? I did it five times two years ago :roll:

Barstewards!!! Are you appealing? Do you know about the Benefits and Works website? We subscribe and it's the best £20 I've ever spent, though you can get just the guides for a tenner... with their help got transferred into the support group without a medical and OH's DLA renewal indefinitely, though the mithering starts again in a few years' time with PIP b*******... if I can help out at all please give me a shout...

take care, BB

Barstewards!!! Are you appealing? Do you know about the Benefits and Works website? We subscribe and it's the best £20 I've ever spent, though you can get just the guides for a tenner... with their help got transferred into the support group without a medical and OH's DLA renewal indefinitely, though the mithering starts again in a few years' time with PIP b*******... if I can help out at all please give me a shout...

take care, BB

It makes no sense... DLA upped my award on the strength of the form alone! The reason they gave was that I'm a danger to myself and others all day!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, the only CAG meets I've been to have been Birmingham August 2009, 2010 and 2011. I rightly use my disabled person's rail card for discount on my travel, booked a room to share with other members to cut cost to a bare minimum and, apart from hotel breakfast spent for the three trips about £20 on food, £80 on drinks because I bought a few bottles of wine, £30 on taxi fares from train to hotel and back. ... For example: 2009, train fare £50, taxis £10, room for two £60, breakfast for two £20, internet £10 (which I didn't use). 2010 after my coma: train fare £50, taxis £10, room and breakfast for two £80. 2011: Train £50, taxis £10, room for three for two nights including breakfast £189.

Edited by caro
Comment about another cagger not paying her way.

i never did thank you for proof reading my dissertation for my diploma on employment law babybear

but that was under a different user name if you care to remember

glad to hear from you again babybear

sending lots of love

Edited by caro

i never did thank you for proof reading my dissertation for my diploma on employment law babybear

but that was under a different user name if you care to remember

glad to hear from you again babybear

sending lots of love

Hi, nice to hear from you again... Hope your dissertation was successful and the proof reading was up to scratch... Unfortunately even big and diverse community groups such as CAG have a life cycle/time-scale of any other comparable online communities. We can but try to understand such things and either move on or further diversify. That is up to the powers that be...

I lurk in the background and come out to help when I can...

THB, since my disabilities got so much worse I spend more time on those groups, though never losing site of this group...

Edited by caro

i can understand what you are going through on your disabilities, i myself am just about to be made redundant through ill health retirement

can you remember in the old days of cag, we were a commnunity, everybody had an equal say.

if anybody made an error in their posting we had people like PT, john chriss, or peter barred educate us with good manners.

that how people started to learn things

now if you post in error you get people straight down your throat with abuse and a knowall mentality. you cant even air a voice or criticism without being moderated

the spirit of the forum has now gone, i doubt we will ever have that sense of community/family back again

once again

lots of love and all the best

i can understand what you are going through on your disabilities, i myself am just about to be made redundant through ill health retirement

can you remember in the old days of cag, we were a commnunity, everybody had an equal say.

if anybody made an error in their posting we had people like PT, john chriss, or peter barred educate us with good manners.

that how people started to learn things

now if you post in error you get people straight down your throat with abuse and a knowall mentality. you cant even air a voice or criticism without being moderated

the spirit of the forum has now gone, i doubt we will ever have that sense of community/family back again

once again

lots of love and all the best

Sorry to read that you're being made redundant.

Personally, I think that the spirit of CAG will re emerge, how long it take I do not know...

Sorry to hear that you feel like that BB. :-(

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Babybear,

Just wanted to say hello!!

I have read lots of your post and always feal like you have given great advice, As you can see from my posts I haven't been here long but if what you're saying is true then it's a real shame and I have to admit I have seen some posts from peple who have jumped down peoples throats for the slightest error, there is no need but like Caro says they are know it alls!. I hope that this site doesn't dissappear because of a few nasty people.

All the best to you.

Myfamily.

i was allways brought up with good manners, which is sadly lacking by some people

and i allways thought this was a self help forum, not a one man crusade

stifle free speach, stifle freedom

babybear

are you going to birmingham if the gathering is their

do you have to travel far due to your health

With all that's been said, is there going to be a meet in Brmingham? If so, when/where and what time?

Babybear, with respect, leave all the negative stuff behind and lets get a meet set up, meet new people and have a good time.

We can't all be judged by 'other' Caggers and there are lots of people who have appreciated your input to their threads.

Be great to meet up :-D

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Any and all CAG meets have been and gone without a lot of us at least being informed...

There is no Birmingham meet this year as far as I know...

However, there have been other meets during the last year and especially three months; and the last three years in fact; in various parts of the country which were private. No worries, up to them...

It was the same in 2010 when I came out of the coma. As mentioned a callous b'tard made very ungracious comments about me of which it should have been lucky to not get a libel/defamation/slander suit slapped on it...

I was ostracised even though I made an innocent enquiry/joke and was absolutely viciously and vehemently slated...

With all that's been said, is there going to be a meet in Brmingham? If so, when/where and what time?

Babybear, with respect, leave all the negative stuff behind and lets get a meet set up, meet new people and have a good time.

We can't all be judged by 'other' Caggers and there are lots of people who have appreciated your input to their threads.

Be great to meet up :-D

With the greatest of respect, I should have been in London today giving evidence to a parliamentary session. Due to ill health I was unable to attend, however, I did make a video for the session... I also appeared on the Sunday Politics Show and the six o'clock news... I am in no way negative, in fact the complete opposite, to the detriment of my own life and health...