• Tweets

• have a good read in the debt selfhelp forum. its easy to do a self managed one..only on the debts you find ARE enforceable mind..
    • If the legendary dx could offer his wisdom it would be greatly appreciated 
    • Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Parking on School zigzag lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!!

I have been given 2 PCNs (2 consecutive days) for parking on the school zigzag lines.. is there any way I can challenge these? I parked my car for few minutes to pick up my son from school as he had a leg injury (hospital can verify it) and some part of my car was on the zigzag line. The parking ticket was issued by the controlled camera about 100 ytds up the road. I did not leave the vehicle unattended at any point in time and as I did not come out of the car didn’t realise that part of my car was on zigzag line. I always take extra car when I park near the school, obviously pupil safety comes first.

Can someone please advise how can I proceed with my appeal to cancel these PCNs?

:sad:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no excuse sadly.

we dont want more kids with injuries.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not really - you parked where it is prohibited. You can try an appeal by requesting leniency, but it's a long shot. Still, worth a try I think.

In future, as you may know, you can use yellow lines to pick up passengers.

thanks for the advice.. I totally agree no excuses.. I was hoping to try on leniency grounds.

Has there been any case where they have overturned the charge on compassion.

1st you would have to find someone with compassion that will be hard.

harder still will be the fact that you will have to explain why you did it twice.

sorry but son with bad leg still attending school can walk to a car at what point does that give you the right to break the law.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

as there is normaly a reduction if you pay before 14 days i would pay this is from Merton Council.

From 20 September 2010 we will issue penalty charge notices to people who illegally stop on zig-zag lines outside schools.

We are concerned about the safety of school children at the beginning and end of the school day, given the large number of cars stopped on the zig-zags outside the borough’s schools.

To discourage drivers from stopping on the zig-zags, from 20 September 2010 we will be travelling around the borough in an unmarked van installed with a CCTV camera.

We will use this to track car registration numbers and will be issuing penalty charge notices of £100, reducing to £50 if paid within 14 days, to those who illegally stop on the zig-zags.

The zig-zags are there as a warning to motorists not to stop in this part of the road. This is because the cars block the children’s view of oncoming traffic, making crossing the road unnecessarily hazardous.

Pet hate of mine this. I used to live directly opposite a primary school and the zig-zags were totally ignored on almost every day at both the start and end of the school day and it wasn't just one or two cars either. My son attended the school and had to cross the road from our house to get to the school entrance on the opposite side where he had to negotiate his way to the pavement between the cars. Obvioulsy I had words many times with the headmaster who had in turn issued letters to parents and asked for the LA to act. Well eventually a child was hit while walking between the cars but fortunately only revcievd a broken arm. Amazingly though that after that there were regular patrols of either PSCO's or actual PC's outside the school issuing FPN's so the OP was lucky as I believe the offence carries 3 points. Its a pity though that it takes a child to get hurt for anything to be done about it.

Sorry OP, you are banged to rights here.

There have been countless PCNs cancelled on a discretionary/leniency basis - although many more which have not.

If you appeal within the 14 days, they should hold the PCN at the discounted rate until your appeal has been considered, and so there is nothing to lose by trying. Particularly if you can include evidence that the child was hurt, you have a chance.

You have a slim chance they may cancel one on a discretionary/leniency basis, but I very much doubt they will cancel 2. IMHO (speaking from experience), these type offences should be robustly enforced. Its not very nice seeing a child getting knocked over.

Personally, and not wishing to disagree with sentiments expressed above, I would ask for the evidence. Please could you state where this was and which authority. Presumably this was a Regulation 10 PCN, which acts as the Notice to Owner, since some authorities do actually leave out contents which must be contained in the PCN. Better still, if we could see the PCN?

Personally, and not wishing to disagree with sentiments expressed above, I would ask for the evidence. Please could you state where this was and which authority. Presumably this was a Regulation 10 PCN, which acts as the Notice to Owner, since some authorities do actually leave out contents which must be contained in the PCN. Better still, if we could see the PCN?

Why? The OP admits to parking on the zig zags. Under the circumstances, the only advice I will offer is to appeal as suggested by Jamberson where by she MAY get at least one cancelled. If she starts rocking the boat by demanding evidence, she is less likely to be shown any leniency. As I understand it, the PCN was issued by a remote camera which suggests that there is sufficient evidence to show the offence being committed.

As I said, imo any person who get caught stopping on zig zags is bang to rights.

Why? The OP admits to parking on the zig zags. Under the circumstances, the only advice I will offer is to appeal as suggested by Jamberson where by she MAY get at least one cancelled. If she starts rocking the boat by demanding evidence, she is less likely to be shown any leniency. As I understand it, the PCN was issued by a remote camera which suggests that there is sufficient evidence to show the offence being committed.

As I said, imo any person who get caught stopping on zig zags is bang to rights.

The OP asks is there any way to challenge this. And states the vehicle was some part over the zigzags. I fail to understand how, by asking to view the video/receive a copy in the post, this will jeopardise her chances of winning on mitigating circumstances. In fact, it may make her decide, if the vehicle was further in contravention than she believed it was, to pay the charges.

I thought the purpose of this forum was to help motorists get off tickets. I am not in the business of making moral judgments on people as we are all human and perhaps there was nowhere else to park at those times and she was genuinely putting the interests of her child, rightly or wrongly, before the law. Am I to take it, then, that I am somewhat of an outcast merely because I wish to help? If that were the case, there would be no defence lawyers, would there? Oh well, people who drive down bus lanes, park on DYL's, park in disabled bays when they shouldn't etc etc - whom I have helped - perhaps should not have been helped?

I have not seen any evidence therefore I cannot possibly make a judgments re health and safety matters. And I have been a single parent having to do the school runs.

But the council paperwork has got to be in order, it's no different to any other council PCN in that respect, which is why the information is being requested.

Agreed. I parked some years ago outside my daughter's school in Surbiton outside of any restrictions, so I thought! Guess what? Unbeknown to two headteachers (2 schools adjoining) the crafty council had added a single yellow to the yellow zigzags without informing anyone, claiming that the CPZ took precedence! No way, as I discovered the CPZ was not correctly signed in any event and the council had no record of the works/contract number re the addition of the SYL. So, I would ask to see the Traffic Order, too.

HYMN AND MI

she was genuinely putting the interests of her child,
YOU GOT THAT BIT RIGHT. and for that reason pay the fine.just goes to show did not care for the other children whose parents had parked legally.

Help!!

I have been given 2 PCNs (2 consecutive days) for parking on the school zigzag lines.. is there any way I can challenge these? I parked my car for few minutes to pick up my son from school as he had a leg injury (hospital can verify it) and some part of my car was on the zigzag line. The parking ticket was issued by the controlled camera about 100 ytds up the road. I did not leave the vehicle unattended at any point in time and as I did not come out of the car didn’t realise that part of my car was on zigzag line. I always take extra car when I park near the school, obviously pupil safety comes first.

Can someone please advise how can I proceed with my appeal to cancel these PCNs?

:sad:

You would find it very diificult to challenge these tickets because you should know not to park on the zig-zags outside a school from the Highway Code. I take it you took a driving test and signed a document at the end of the test when you passed stating that you would drive in accordance with the rules and regulations of the road.

Forget about son's bad leg because he would have walked further from his classroom to your car than for you to illegally park on zig-zags. The purpose of these markings is to protect children. They are to give them and motorists a clear view so to stop children running out between parked cars.

You should pay the fines and park legally in future and be grateful no child was knocked down because of your selfishly parked car creating a hazard.

• Haha 1

OK then. So that I do not waste any more of my time, please just give us a list of all contraventions with their codes in terms of which you are not prepared to help a motorist by merely taking the moral high ground stance, and I will then know that it is not worthwhile to offer any help purely based on the legalities under question.

The OP asks is there any way to challenge this. And states the vehicle was some part over the zigzags. I fail to understand how, by asking to view the video/receive a copy in the post, this will jeopardise her chances of winning on mitigating circumstances. In fact, it may make her decide, if the vehicle was further in contravention than she believed it was, to pay the charges.

yes she does which means that the offence has been committed. ANY part of the vehicle must not be on the zig zags. I accept the rest of your statement.

I thought the purpose of this forum was to help motorists get off tickets.

It is, those that have been wrongly or incorrectly issued. But parking where it causes a danger to children is a different ball game in my book.

I am not in the business of making moral judgments on people as we are all human and perhaps there was nowhere else to park at those times and she was genuinely putting the interests of her child, rightly or wrongly, before the law.

Perhaps you would think otherwise if you have actually witnessed a child being knocked over because of cars parkied illegally outside a school like I have. Believe me, it isn't very pleasent which is why I feel so strongly about it.

Am I to take it, then, that I am somewhat of an outcast merely because I wish to help? If that were the case, there would be no defence lawyers, would there? Oh well, people who drive down bus lanes, park on DYL's, park in disabled bays when they shouldn't etc etc - whom I have helped - perhaps should not have been helped?

I have not seen any evidence therefore I cannot possibly make a judgments re health and safety matters. And I have been a single parent having to do the school runs.

To be honest (and no disrespect), these are ridiculous comparissons. The examples you state are usually offences which cause traffic delays and incvonvienince to other road uses, not potential life threatening scenarios involving children comming or going to school.

• Haha 1