Re: DWP want alledged overpayment repaid-02

joa1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im going through the same a similar thing, I was accused of benefit fraud, back in 2000, and asked to attend an interview, which I declined, and said I would be in touch with them when I had legal representaion, I didnt hear from the DWP again until, around 2006/7, when they started to take money from my JSA for what they said was overpayment of benefits! Anyway, without going on and on, I had a lot of debt, so made an application for a DRO, which I was accepted for, and this debt to DWP was included. They wrote to me saying thankyou for informing is of your current financial situation, when your DRO has ended we will write to you again to discuss re-payment, they have wrote to me twice, and I have wrote back informing them that the debt was included in the DRO, now they have wrote to me saying that as the debt was a fradulant claim (how can they say that if nothing has been proved/or evidence been shown) I have to pay the debt back. Is this correct, or am I just being hounded, I have read lots of different/conflicting advice, and really dont know what to do. Also I have also just received a letter frm equidebt, collecting for a company called activ capital, never heard of either of them, and the amount they are asking for, is not an amount that was included in my DRO, can anyone pls advise me on any of my above probs. x

hi joa1

You should really create a new thread, am sure one of the site admin can set this up as a new thread.

Fraudulent overpayments can not be written off as part of bankruptcy or DRO, I would suggest you ask for evidence that the overpayment was fraudulent.

Not sure of position with equidebt, though I think you should start by submitting a subject access request in relation to the alleged debt

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.