Full settlement on 2 a/cs so far - 2 to go

clairej
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Two accounts with lloyds TSB settled in full for £1,224.00 & £1,417 plus interest & court expenses

BOTH SETTLED IN FULL - NO RESPONSE FROM BANK TO COURT

Royal Bank of Scotland

Summary Claim action

SC568 & SC566

£969.00 & £910.00 plus interest & court expenses

BANK RESPONDED WITH INTENTION TO APPEAR FOR BOTH CASES

I'VE GOT TO GO TO COURT TOMORROW, JUST IN CASE THEY TURN UP.

THE ONUS IS STILL ON THE BANK TO PROVE IT COSTS THIS MUCH FOR THE CHARGES

HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY GOOD TIPS FOR ME TO QUOTE TOMORROW?

Hi

Ok, this is my first post and I don't really know too much this. But i'm interested in the outcome with this bank.

Here are my thoughts at this point and what I am considering saying to my bank manager tomorrow (I should add, I haven't read the FAQ, or done all my research yet!)

If it is maintained that the bank charges for bounced direct debits or unauthorised overdrafts are based purely on costs and are not punitive.

I would argue - How can it cost £30 to assess whether or not a direct debite should be payed, or £20 to grant an unauthorised overdraft? This is an automated decision, made by the bank's system, based on the available account data. Said system does not charge users if they do not have necessary funds to withdraw money at a cash point - and yet this decision is made on the basis of the very same account data everytime. Levying a £20 or £30 charge everytime such transactions are authorised within the bank's system is clearly disproportionate and punitive. Such decisions involve accessing and assessing data which is easily accessible within the bank's system, and that this is done so on a regular basis. There is no basis for a charge.

Like I say this just my current take, but i'm interested to hear what happens.

she won, she won, she won.........got approached with full settlement before case began!

Also - Allo - calm down and read the threads, dont go marching in. Follow the steps like everyone else has done and you'll be fine. My advice is simple....read, read and, when youve finished, read some more. It's all in here:D

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)