Council tax summons, No bill, breakdown or letter sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I moved in to a new flat on the 23rd of Nov 2011. I phoned the Council office to register for the electoral role and for council tax. I spoke to a lady there and gave my bank details for Direct Debit and I was assured I would receive a breakdown as well as an electoral role form.

Dec and Jan came and passed and nothing. No Direct Debit on my account, no letters nothing. So I contacted the office again and explained and they said they would rectify this straight away.

I opened my post this morning and I have a summons asking for the full amount for between the dates of 23rd Nov to 31st of March 2012 with a Tax date of 24th of Feb.

This can't be right, I followed everything they requested of me. I couldn't even pay myself with a card or something because I didn't know the amount.

I am wondering if this all happened because the last person living got reminders or something has gone wrong over there. They have added £145 costs to a £300 bill! I dont even know if I have my single persons discount or anything. Any help or thoughts?