Tesco Mobile

PaulCS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could help me out - I had a bill from Tesco @ a staggering £227 obviously I called them to see what the hell was going on and apparently I exceeded my data allowance.

Now I'm not disputing that I used the data, the issue is that I checked my account online when I received the data limit text and when I logged on I was still using the previous month's allowance.

I mentioned this to the customer service representative on the phone and they agreed to reduce the bill by £101 (half of the data charge). however, these people then said that my contract stated that data allowances didn't carry over from one month to another even though their website showed the previous months allowance so it was my fault. I queried the website showing this info and they simply stated that they didn't know how that would have happened.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this in order to get my money back from these guys??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For a start, I would take a copy of the web page that implies that it can be carried over.

Then you need to make an official complain, in writing, to Tesco Mobile. Set out your complaint and what you want them to do to resolve it.

If they dont, in 8 weeks, then you can make a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Take a screenshot of this data if you can. Go to the webpage and press the PRTSCR key on your keyboard, then open paint, and press and hold CTRL and whilst holding that, tap P. (you will now see exactly what was on your screen at the time) Save that picture, and attach it to an email to [email protected] (the guy at the helm of Tesco Mobile) and tell him that you monitored your data using their website, and it provided incorrect information, and you feel they are responsible for this bill. Ask him if they refuse to sort this to give you a DEADLOCK letter so you can escalate the complaint to "Ombudsman Services: Telecoms".

A good guide to writing a complaint can be found at this link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2049301/Dont-shout-Dont-swear-And-use-pink-envelopes-drenched-aftershave.html

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

You do get a 'Roll over' if your'e a new customer (for the first month due to billing cycle) and if you look at the bottom of the page, Its shows ' data may be delayed by up to 5 Hours. I got stung myself.

Ask them to cap your contract...

• 6 years later...

Hi

You had a staggering bill-- I have tried to move over to them from O2 -- O2 did everything right but Tesco managed to port my number to another users SIM.

A serious breach of the Data Protection Act.

All they could say was sorry.

I am taking this to court when I can use my mobile as 36 hours later I am still without service

Now my incoming calls and texts are going to some stranger who may access details of financial concerns

They are useless

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could help me out - I had a bill from Tesco @ a staggering £227 obviously I called them to see what the hell was going on and apparently I exceeded my data allowance.

Now I'm not disputing that I used the data, the issue is that I checked my account online when I received the data limit text and when I logged on I was still using the previous month's allowance.

I mentioned this to the customer service representative on the phone and they agreed to reduce the bill by £101 (half of the data charge). however, these people then said that my contract stated that data allowances didn't carry over from one month to another even though their website showed the previous months allowance so it was my fault. I queried the website showing this info and they simply stated that they didn't know how that would have happened.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this in order to get my money back from these guys??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

You had a staggering bill-- I have tried to move over to them from O2 -- O2 did everything right but Tesco managed to port my number to another users SIM.

A serious breach of the Data Protection Act.

All they could say was sorry.

I am taking this to court when I can use my mobile as 36 hours later I am still without service

Now my incoming calls and texts are going to some stranger who may access details of financial concerns

They are useless

Thread is more than 6 years old before you resuscitated it!