Fuzzgun vs Nationwide *WON*

fuzzgun19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sending out a 'Preliminary approach for repayment' letter to Nationwide, and in the letter it state 'I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter'

How do I make the schedule... do I just list the dates amount, and what the fee was for?

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No worries, let us know if you need anything else.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have sent the preliminary letter to Nationwide on 19/09/06 (amount £989.52).

I am now wondering whether to go ahed with sending the 2nd letter, after reading about what happens when you go to court.

I really dont think I can handle that stage, and dont have anyone brave enough to go with me.

It would be a real help atm to get that money back, but I dont think I can go ahed with the 'court bit'.

...and I bet they wont pay up unless I did go to court. :(

Thanks for the replies.

Its because I read the guidelines here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/641-case-guidance-notes-going.html

and tbh it **** me up.

If I send the 2nd letter and they dont comply, does that mean I will HAVE to go to court? or could I just forget it if it came to that?

and is it likely I will have to go to court?

Hi Team

Don't worry about going to court. It has'nt happened over the charges yet.

If it does you will have 50+ people from here going along on the day,even the press would be interested.So don't worry, they always back down.

If it is any comfort,the judges chambers is where you will go into.A big desk, with his desk or bench as they call it at the end.It's like a big conference room where you can tell your side of the story.Remember they are the ones defending.You are the claiment.It is their job to prove you are wrong in your claims.Not many solicitors will want to take that on to win.

Good luck

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hello There,

After some interesting reading on these forums and the MSE forum, I sent my perliminary letter asking for fees (returned D.Debs/S. Orders/Unauth O.D's because of fees) on the 19th Sept 06.

As yet I have heard nothing from Nationwide.

I'll keep you posted...

Hi there and welcome. I am pretty new to this myself but I have done a month of reading and watching before I was ready to take the plunge. This is the most informative and friendly site there is, so you will be fine.

---------------------------------------------------

Nationwide

Prelim sent 18/09/06

Revised prelim sent 26/09/06

LBA sent 11/10/06

N1 filed 30/10/06 served 3/11/06

Part payment £610.10 received 8/11/06

AQ filed 22/12/06

Cap One

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 20/09/06

Prelim sent 18/10/06

LBA sent 3/11/06

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 14/09/06 Microfiche excuse

Response sent 18/09/06

Lloyds TSB (oh)

prelim sent 19/09/06

Revised prelim sent 26/09/06

LBA sent 11/10/06

N1 filed 30/10/06 served 3/11/06

Cap One (oh)

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 20/09/06

Prelim sent 18/10/06

LBA sent 3/11/06

Have just received a 's0d off' letter from Deborah Desborough Team Manager at Nationwide, saying

"Nationwide believes it is open and transparent about charges...bla bla bla"

"I am unable to refund any charges on your account...and so forth"

Do I still wait to send the LBA until 4th Oct as i'd planned, or can I send it now as they have replied?

I received a response to my Preliminaly letter from Nationwide, and am now preparing my LBA.

Do I send my LBA to the address on the 'cannot refund charges' letter (Farnsby Street, Swindon), or my original 'Mr Bacon' address (Pipers Way, Swindon)?

Shall I send all correspondance to the 1 address?

I have sent my prelim letter to Nationwide for my basic flex-account, and have included -

Unauthorised direct debit fees. (£30 a go)

Unauthorised standing order fees. (£30 a go)

Unauthorised Overdraft fees. (£12 a go)

'Interest charged' (0.01p two times)

(all totaling nearly £1000)

I keep reading about adding on 8%, does this apply to my account or or is it just for credit cards?

The above charges seem pretty straight forward to me, so I'm not sure where the 8% comes in..

When I filled in the spreadsheet, I missed out the 8% column... was this right?

I am thinking ahed to when I file a claim, and would like to know if I have done this right :confused:

My husband has similar on his Abbey current account -

Unauthorised overdraft fees.

Interest charged while overdrawn.

Charges for Visa/Cheque payments when there wasn't enough money in.

Will any 8% apply to his account either?

Sorry for being bit of a dunce, but not up on these things.

Help much appreciated!!

Hi Fuzzgun, from what I've been reading you only add the 8% if your claim goes to court. Some people are claiming contractual interest however, it's explained further in this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18288-whats-your-time-worth.html#post142053

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

Hiya - yes thats right - I didnt bother with the conractual interest - for instance a lot of people dont think its worth the hassle. When you send your schedule of charges asking for a refund (before court stage), send your copy of the spreadsheet without the 8% on it. If and when you go to put your court claim in, then you submit your application to the court with the schedule of charges plus 8% interest (worked out for you on the spreadsheet also). Hope this helps - vee

The 8% is interest that the law says they owe from having your money since the date of the charge. One of the standard spreadsheets in the Interest Calculation Spreadsheet section of the Bank Templates Library calculates it for you on each charge (by the number of days between the date of the charge and the date of the claim) so it's not 8% of each charge, it's 8% per annum for each charge. I think it's the England - Simple spreadsheet but without downloading to check I'm not 100% sure.

Fuzzgun,

No it's not, it's 8% on each separate charge from the date of that charge to the date of filing at court. You need to enter your charges in the s/s to calculate this. This is mentioned in both the FAQs and step by step guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html?garpg=5