unum phi payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,

was wondering if anyone can help i have been on long term sick and was recieving monthy payments no problem untill they asked for me to see there medical advisor which i did which was a laugh her file on me was not up to date i had to give her imformation she turned up late was in there 20 mins for them a month later to stop my money she had said i was fit for work my question is where they allowed to do this as even to the day i am still covered by my gp sick note saying iam not fit for work my gp went mad when i told her she said no one says iam fit for work but herself dont no what to do please help

Hello there.

Would your GP be able to write to Unum if necessary? And have Unum said why they consider you fit for work please?

I know someone this happened to and we've seen it a couple of times on the forum. I'll ask how our friend dealt with it.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi hb,

i never actually got any paper work my company got it i found out through a letter off my company just stating unum had said i was fit for work and that my money had stopped, i dont no if my gp would but it is worth a try, like your friend i just wondered if anybody else had this before and what the outcome was

Thank you mariefab. I don't know whether it will be a report, because I would expect Unum to keep medical information. I was hoping the letter might say more than they've told Debbie.

If it doesn't, she may need to argue directly with Unum, but we're not at that stage yet.

HB

hi hb,

when this happened it was about 6 month ago and stupid me thought ok theres nothing i can do took there word for this and all my solicitor could say at the time was we will sort that part out later when the court case finishes but never did, this is why i have joined this forum as everyone on here seems to no and have good knowledge dont no if ican still go back to unum as in my other thread iam still employed hope this makes sense

I'm not sure what you mean about going back to Unum. If you mean you ight contact them, they are likely to say that they can't deal with you because it's an employer's policy. We may be able to resolve that.

What happened to your lawyer btw?

HB

sorry for delay because my court case has finished i dont have him now, i only have contact now with my union rep who is talking to my company for my like in my other thread he tried to get an offer off them which was rubbish so i said to him i might as well go back to work hoping the would up my offer but the company has said they want a meeting with me soon iam just waiting for a date for that to happen

• 6 years later...
Any updates on this?

It's a six year old thread....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!