Motormile Finance DCA- Doorstep Visit **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wage Day Advance and pay day loan companies sell there debt on to this company. I am making repayments of a loan via standing order to these and they have sent a door collector who started shouting and humiliating me in front of my neighbours. He is called EDIT What do I do as I am already paying one account and they are refusing to acknowledge this and say I now have to make an agreement to pay off another. They have now sent a doorstep collector around to my property today for the second time even though they are getting ten pounds per month. I told them I just had a baby and cant afford it but as they keep knocking and humiliating me what can I do about it.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS
Mention of collectors name.

Wage Day Advance and pay day loan companies sell there debt on to this company. I am making repayments of a loan via standing order to these and they have sent a door collector who started shouting and humiliating me in front of my neighbours. He is called EDIT What do I do as I am already paying one account and they are refusing to acknowledge this and say I now have to make an agreement to pay off another. They have now sent a doorstep collector around to my property today for the second time even though they are getting ten pounds per month. I told them I just had a baby and cant afford it but as they keep knocking and humiliating me what can I do about it.

Hi lduffy, if you've sent them the letter/email advising them that they are not welcome at your property without an appointment then i'd record any subsequent visits and forward on to trading standards or the police.

You need to take the power back from them, first thing i would do is to stop making the payments on the other account and tell them that unless you can come to a solution that works for you without harassment or pestering then they won't see another penny from you.

Hi, I have edited the collectors name from your post

as it may have repercussions should they deny your#

allegation.

Now to answer your questions

No.1 A formal complaint to the compliance manager

of MM regarding the visit and the collectors ''attitude''.

Add to this a strict requirement that they must cease all

home visits as they now amount to harassment and you

are reporting this to the OFT immediately.

If these collectors call again please dial 999 and state that

you feel threatened and harassed and frightened and fear

your the safety of your baby, tell the collector to leave

and that the police have been called.

Send the complaint by recorded delivery

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would send this letter by recorded delivery - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?119980-Telephone-Harrassment-Template-Letter .....or if you know a local friendly policeman/woman get him/her to call the company as they (the police) would like to be in attendance next time the collector calls....

And PLEASE, PLEASE do report them to the OFT

this thread is nearly a year old

you should really start your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...