NTL should be called Not Trained to Listen!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received a bill from these guys demanding bills paid up to the end of March. I phoned to ask for disconnection in December as I was changibg to a new ISP and phone company. No reply. I disconnected internally and changed over. Nothing until a solicitor's letter in February demanding payment or bailiffs might be sent. I then E-mailed them to tell them I would pay for the services until 31st December and no more. Today I received another bill to end of March so I phoned as soon as I read it. I was told that they could not disconnect until 28th March because I owed them money and so I had to pay the bills up until disconnection! I told them I would see them in court bfore They would get that money from me. Anyone else experienced anything similar? The main reason I left them was their lack of communication and the fact they send a finaal demand for the next month's bill before that month is over. This has also apparently affected my credit rating as I am effectively in arrears all the time.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Same experience, yes, with NTL, no. Mine was with Sky, and I have been telling them to sod off for nearly 4 years now... It has gone to debt collectors and back, and solicitors and back... all that for £45.06, I kid you not. On last letter a few months back, they were "about to start court action". I told them the same thing as before, which was "see you in court, it will be fun to see you provide proof I owe you anything, since I have been asking you for same for years" and also told them I wouldn't answer any further communication unless it was a courts summons. Since then, nothing.

I've had the same with NTL, took me 6 months to get them to disconnect my phone, then for 2 years I was getting solicitors letters chasing £300 for NTL telvision, that I have never ever subscribed to. I eventually sent the solicitors a letter back threatening harrassment charges and it stopped.

No trained to listen is very apt

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Just spoken to them again as I have received another solicitor's letter stating I owe a different amount to the one NTL say. I reiterated that I would pay up until Dec 31st. I was informed that this was not acceptable as clearly stated in terms and conditions etc etc. During the conversation I was also informed that an amount had been credited to my account making it very similar to what it would have been at the end of December. I asked if January's rental was on and was told yes. I again said I would pay that bill but without the January rental, if they could send me a copy. This they are doing at a cost of £4!! I just want it out of the way and I don't believe they will take me to court for the difference. The person I spoke to could not tell me what the credited amount was for. Any ideas?

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

I had the same problem with NTL, For weeks, they refused to disconnect my broadband connection until my bill was paid up to date. when I mentioned contacting the CAB & the OFT, I was told I could contact whoever I wanted, but it wouldn't make any difference as I had signed a contract, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I argued that the T&C's contained in a contract cannot be enforced if they are deemed to be unfair, which in the opinion of the CAB and myself they were, and therefore I was prepared to fight their decision in court. My broadband service was then disconnected instantly, while I was still on the phone.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

;) nn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks