RBS Charging for 3 months of cancelled gold account

m1k3st3r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, was wandering if any one could point me in the right direction. basically in September i cancelled my gold account over the telephone. in December i checked my statement to see that my account had been charged each month for £12.95 so i ring and im told this is for my gold account i explain that i have cancelled this to be told no i haven't so i ask for it to be cancelled they said they would do that for me now apologised but i was going to be charged £66 i arranged overdraft fees due to the fact i was charged the amount for the gold account. i explain this isnt my fault and apparently it was so due to my busy schedule i accept this. now i check my balance this morning and another 12.95 has been taken and i ring and still not cancelled after 1 hour on the phone im told this is all my fault and nothing they can do but again i will be charged £60 due to having an un-arranged overdraft again the money was the money the bank itself had taken for gold. i ask to go through to customer complaints and im told she would email them for me and i should here in a few days i ask for a reference number for the cancellation of the gold account and she says youll receive this at the end of the call the call then gets terminated so now im on the phone again going through it all over again....

just a quick update: after the last phone call im told i have to wait 7 working days so next Tuesday i will be contacted in regard to my call. but for each day i wait i will be charged £6 a day for un-arranged over draft ? doesnt seem fair. also i no longer work so the money i get in is benefits and they are for £50 a week so i will have no money again until February this is a vicious circle......

thank you

also does any body know a direct number to customer complaints for RBS preferably not a 0845 as only have a mobile :) as no one on the phone seems to know how to put a complaint through other then they can email the complaints team for me ?

Edited by m1k3st3r
came off the phone