Confusion over ESA result, help appreciated!

gazmix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

So i filled my ESA50 form in thoroughly, sent a DR's letter & proof of medication i take.

Yesterday i got a phone call telling me that i would be put on work related ESA.

Today i receive a letter telling me that i may still need to have a medical examination!!! I thought medicals were for people who have sent in the form & they've decided to deny someone ESA & put them on JSA?

Has anyone had to go on an examination after initially been awarded ESA?

Thanks

Hi all

So i filled my ESA50 form in thoroughly, sent a DR's letter & proof of medication i take.

Yesterday i got a phone call telling me that i would be put on work related ESA.

Today i receive a letter telling me that i may still need to have a medical examination!!! I thought medicals were for people who have sent in the form & they've decided to deny someone ESA & put them on JSA?

Has anyone had to go on an examination after initially been awarded ESA?

Thanks

Hello there. I can't say for sure, but one of our gurus will know. There used or may still be another assessment to see what type of work you might be capable of. Could it be that? I'll have a look on directgov to see if there are any clues.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well, I've looked on directgov which has quite a lot of information if you haven't looked already and I'm confused too. I'm wondering if this could be the work capability assessment as opposed to the 'medical' assessment.

Or did they mean that some time in the future you might need a new 'medical'?

I think we need some more expert help and hope the right people will be along later.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ok, thanks, i'm thinking that maybe if i had a medical, it wouldn't be to decide whether i should be on JSA or ESA, thats already been decided, but to decide what i may be capable of in the future!

Although how a stranger in a short interview can determine this is, i don't know!

Nystagmite, i wanted to post on here & hear from the people that have been through it. I can't stand calling DWP. It makes my anxiety go through the roof & they don't often tell you the correct answer in my experience!

Thats a possibility, in fact i think it was.

I called DWP & they said that i would only need a medical assessment if i gave insufficient information on the ESA50 form. On the phone call, she told me that i would need to attend the work capability interviews & so assume that because she didn't mention a medical assessment, i don't need one!

It sounds like you may have been put into the WRAG group ....I asume that you are on the old IB if so just make sure that your next payment is paid as usual and the correct amount if not and you hav`nt had a letter to tell you the amount you will have to contact them... :)

Yes Spots, i was told i would be put on Work related ESA.

I think that i would only need a medical if i supplied insufficient supporting info in the ESA50, but because i did, i was transfered straight away!

Yes, i am currently on Income Support.