Sky do not offer any help if you can't pay your bill

laineynic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Roll on the time I can move everything I have with sky elsewhere. I found out when the direct debit was presented on my account that the call charges on my bill were £123.65 as opposed to the usual amount of £25.00. I was gutted to find this out. Since I have been of work ill since October money has been really tight. I couldn't believe we could go over by so much.

Today I have made 3 phone calls sent go knows how many me,ails and Sky just keep telling me that there is nothing they can do. I have to pay the whole bill. I have the money for the subscription but I am going to struggle to find the money for the calls. They tell me that there is nothing they can do. So in a week time I will have no service. I have to pay the full amount.

I really though that sky would have things in place to help their customers, but obviously not. I am going to check out the time I had the phone and broadband and move that. In August I will go for freeview. This is an appalling company.

In the last 12 months I have had numerous problems with sky. Take September they duplicated my payments and took £123.43 twice. I never received that refund - they kept it on my account until the following month. Than month my mortgage was late due to Sky. I was charged £30 from the bank and £35.00 from the mortgage company. I don't trust sky at all. I wish to god we had never added to our package in August because I am stuck with them until then.

Are the call charges all yours/accurate or are you disputing the amount they want? £25 to £123 is quite a leap! So unless you were making a lot of phone calls outside of your call package allowances something doesn't sound right. Have you got an itemised bill to confirm everything is correct?

I've checked the itemised phone bill and there were £57.00 worth to mobile phones, the other is made up of 0870 numbers and 01 - 02 numbers. Since posting this I have found out it was my daughters boyfriend who had been making the calls to mobiles whilst I was in hospital. They are no longer together so I am not sure what to do.

Yesterday I spoke to Ofcom who were surprised that sky do not have anything in place for times like these. I have pit a complaint through and await to hear from them.

You can request to make a payment arrangement with sky but this will not get your services back on and they will cancel the skytalk and or broadband completely until the full balance as paid.

Once the skytalk and broadband have cancelled you can then request a new provider or wait til the balance is paid and request skytalk again but you will need to pay a new line activation fee whoever you go too.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

Have you called them and asked to speak to the Manager? I moved from Talktalk to Sky over 2 years ago. I have found them to be helpful especially when i was made redundant last April and explained my situation they reduced my payments and were very professional about it.

Unfortunately as the calls were made from your phone you will still need to pay the bill regardless of who made the calls.

I would call and tell them you wish to speak to the Manager, explain the whole situation and offer to pay so much per month until the debt is paid off. Also when you inform them that you are going elsewhere they are more likely to come to some solution or compromise as they obviously do not like losing custom. Have you offered to pay so much per month? Did they refuse your offer?

It was Talktalk i had the problems with.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Another thing is if a person is disabled eg, they cannot disconnect their phone as it is a life line. I don't know what your illness is and if you need regular hospital visits but you could also explain that you have been very ill and you need your line to e g stay in touch with your GP, Hospital etc.

• 1 month later...

Get your bill paid.

Sky is not responsible for who uses your phone/ how your phone is used.

You have signed up to a credit agreement hence your calls being billed in arrears.

If it is premium rate numbers that hiked your bill up then there are bars Sky can place on your talk package to block these numbers.

If the agent you speak to tells you otherwise ask to talk to a manager. It can be done.

Well Baldric the Sky Bill has been paid. After the help from an unknown team that now one knows about. They come into the picture when you contact Ofcom. Yes I did contact the ombudsman. After 21 years with sky and never been put in the position for sky to offer me or anyoe in the country any help is ridiculous. I can;t not have a telephone due to health problems.

They arranged a payment plan which was paid at a weekly amount which finished last week. Yes it is a credit agreement, but why do you think that sky shouldn't help its cusotmers with a bill they couldn't pay? Sky do go on enough about customers so why should they be any different to anyone else? The gentleman from sky was surprised that no support was given to me, he read through sky messages and apologised for the comments. Whether that was the influence of OFCOM I don't know. They also made a discovery on my bill that the local calls were being charged for and they should have been free. Which reduced the outstanding. Mnay months ago I would have taken the same attitude as you pay the bill etc etc. But when circumstances change our life beyond recognition why shouldn't you be able to ask sky for help? It should be available to those that need it. Why is it a company secret that they are supposed to help you. Are they treating a cusotmer with fairness, are they offering the best help possible, In my mind no they weren't. But now I would say that I am very satisfied with their help. They also sorted the package out for me that is over 10 years old and is not the most economical. So they lowered my tv bill to.

I just read yr comment and it is a shame that SKY took all this time to sort out your problem. They should have lowered your TV bill at the first point of contact and tried to offer u the best package and most economical possible. When i was made redundant they lowered my monthly bill by half the amount for 6 months when i contacted them. I have had the misfortune to have been made redundant yet again (2nd time in under 1 year) and i recently contacted them again. They have given me the best package possible due to my circumstances. There are many different options they could have offered you and its surprising they didn't do this initially. Its a shame you had to go to Ofcom to get your problem sorted out. When you tell them you are going to cancel they soon find something suitable .

]In the last 12 months I have had numerous problems with sky. Take September they duplicated my payments and took £123.43 twice. I never received that refund - they kept it on my account until the following month. Than month my mortgage was late due to Sky. I was charged £30 from the bank and £35.00 from the mortgage company.

Have you presented SKY with the opportunity to refund you the bank charges?

Gez

• 4 years later...

In such circumstances, it will be better to have a talk with the senior dealing officer. Two months back I also received double amounted bill for my sky TV and I was 100% sure that it is not correct. So I have a talk with their dealing officer and explained them the whole situation. They checked my record and it was the mistake from their side. They sent me the rectified bill which I paid and my problem was over.

In your situation if the calls were made from your phone then you have to pay the bill. As they have nothing to do with your health etc. So the best option is to co-operate with them.

Edited by Andyorch
External link removed

Hi david. Anything we can help you with apart from advertising your website? You replied to a 5 year old thread.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D