Directline No Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i currently have 2 vehicles insured with them 1 policy was started in june of 2010 and the other was started about 4 months ago i have 1 years no claims on the 1st policy which i thought i would be able to use when taking out the 2nd policy but about a month after starting the 2nd policy i was told i needed to send proof of my no claims i then called them to explain that they had the proof as it was with them and was told that it could only be used on 1 vehicle and also that i can not combine them (use the no claims from each policy on the same policy) are they wrong?? (i have since had to pay extra for the 1st policy as it was cheaper to use the no claims on the 2nd policy) i thought no claims was relevent to the driver not the car and if it is for the car then if you have 2 vehicles does that mean you should get 2 years no claims every year?

any advice on this would be very helpful

Many Thanks David

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

We had this recently and the cagger who answered said you're entitled to one no claims discount.

Here's a link in case you're interested.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?331184-Insurer-cancelling-policy.-Driver-can-t-have-4-years-no-claims-on-more-than-one-car&highlight=no+claims+bonus

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome

I am pleased to see im not the only one that finds this confusing

I have read the link and it still seems like a bit of a con but i am atleast clearer

Many Thanks David