ziinga.com - Help Needed

andrewman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in december 2011 I visited an auction site called ziinga, I found it advertised on facebook.

I had a look around the site once i had signed up, i read terms and conditions. I did not place a bid at that time. A few days later a get an email saying i had won a canon camera, all i needed to pay was £1.00 to get item, i payed using my debit card. a week later 31st december 2011, i checked my bank, i was shocked to find £59.99 taken by ask-ziinga.com. I contacted ziinga and asked what it was for, they say it is for premium membership of their site, I challenged them on this as i did not sign up for membership. Platinum membership they say is what I had paid for as camera was a promotional item, there was no mention of this in the email at time, they say i will have to pay £59.99 a month for 3 months. Ziinga say this is in terms and conditions, it was not when I signed up. I now class this group as fraudulant and criminal. I asked for my money back, they keep dragging their feet with excuses of we need your user name, they was alreday given this in my email, they also say to get my money back i would have to pay £28.99. I have loged a complain with my bank, who are going to monitor my account and refuse to pay ziinga. I can not find an address for ziinga to write to, or to enable me to take court action. If anyone reading this knows the address, it would be appreciated, also if my post is in wrong section please help with moving my message to the right section. thanks.:-x

Hi andrew

Welcome to CAG

All sounds very suspect. Have a read of number 11 in my signature. Also if you paid by Visa Debt, contact your card provider, ask to do a Chargeback.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

I'd lodge a complaint with Trading Standards.

Thread moved to correct forum.

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

Thanks I willgive it a go.

Hi andrew

Welcome to CAG

All sounds very suspect. Have a read of number 11 in my signature. Also if you paid by Visa Debt, contact your card provider, ask to do a Chargeback.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

I'd lodge a complaint with Trading Standards.

Thread moved to correct forum.

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

common issue - peopel signing up but not realising they have signed upto a contract.

by the soudns of it they have misled you into signing up. i have read of others who just signe dup without reading the small print

report it to trading standards via consumer direct and just take whatever easy way out you can.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi There,

I know what you are going through. I too, have had the same.

I was astonished when I saw the site and how cheap you could potentially get things for.

I got free bids and won a sensor coffee machine for £13

so in order to get it,

I had to pay which I did.

I then had £59.99 taken out of my account a week later

so I emailed them only to be told I had signed up to their premium service which was required to get the won item.

I told them I was not happy so refund and cancel the item.

They told me I could not and I would have to pay for 3 months £59.99 each month.

I called my bank, Barclays, and told them.

They sent me a form and I completed it and sent it back.

that was about 5 weeks ago.

I have now had another statement and they have taken another £59.99 from my account.

Not even my Bank Barclays, who are totally useless could stop it even though I have the dispute going on.

I told Ziinga that I have not even recieved the item I won

and paid for and they then told me I have to supply them with a copy of my credit card,

drivers licence or passport and a utility bill.

That in its self is ridiculous.

Who asks for that when purchaing online.

Anyway, in answer to your question, the only details I have are as follows: This website is owned by Flamingo Intervest Ltd., OMC Chambers, P.O. Box 3152, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands and partly managed by Auction Management Ltd., Suite 238, Vincenti Buildings, 14/19 Strait Street, Valletta VLT 08, Malta

They will be making a fortune out of people who think they can get expensive items for free/cheap.

They are probably making a fortune. If they have no UK prescence then there is little the UK authorities can do as far as I can see.

do a chargeback

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

dont take NO for an answer!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I shoudl add, that there is probably nothign the UK authorities can do to close them down.

Yo ucan probably do a chargebakc as recommended above. presumably you can only do a chargeback if the company have done osmething wrong? not sure they tecnically have here - from a civil poitn of view - all of their terms are freely available on their website, they just take advantage of the fact that no one reads them

be interested to hear peoples sucess.

in december 2011 I visited an auction site called ziinga, I found it advertised on facebook.

I had a look around the site once i had signed up, i read terms and conditions. I did not place a bid at that time. A few days later a get an email saying i had won a canon camera, all i needed to pay was £1.00 to get item, i payed using my debit card. a week later 31st december 2011, i checked my bank, i was shocked to find £59.99 taken by ask-ziinga.com. I contacted ziinga and asked what it was for, they say it is for premium membership of their site, I challenged them on this as i did not sign up for membership. Platinum membership they say is what I had paid for as camera was a promotional item, there was no mention of this in the email at time, they say i will have to pay £59.99 a month for 3 months. Ziinga say this is in terms and conditions, it was not when I signed up. I now class this group as fraudulant and criminal. I asked for my money back, they keep dragging their feet with excuses of we need your user name, they was alreday given this in my email, they also say to get my money back i would have to pay £28.99. I have loged a complain with my bank, who are going to monitor my account and refuse to pay ziinga. I can not find an address for ziinga to write to, or to enable me to take court action. If anyone reading this knows the address, it would be appreciated, also if my post is in wrong section please help with moving my message to the right section. thanks.:-x

Hi I was caught out by the same company something needs to be done - how can they get away with this. Unfortunately their address is in Malta (Ziinga is a product of Auction Managements Ltd, c/o Vincente Buildings, 14/19 Strait St, Valletta VLT 08, Malta)

read the thread!

chargeback

dx

and they

and start your own thread!

dx

and they

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud

https://secure.consumerdirect.gov.uk/reportascam.aspx

Hi I was caught out by the same company something needs to be done - how can they get away with this. Unfortunately their address is in Malta (Ziinga is a product of Auction Managements Ltd, c/o Vincente Buildings, 14/19 Strait St, Valletta VLT 08, Malta)

I have managed to recover part of the £59.99 ziinga stole from me. They took £28.99 as a charge for re-paying money. I had already written to my banks head office, asking for a charge back against ziinga's bank. I will wait and see what happens. Do not give up. I have also notified microsoft that I beleive ziinga is a con.

Why did you write to do the Chargeback?, you should have phoned, then backed up with a letter.

I have managed to recover part of the £59.99 ziinga stole from me. They took £28.99 as a charge for re-paying money. I had already written to my banks head office, asking for a charge back against ziinga's bank. I will wait and see what happens. Do not give up. I have also notified microsoft that I beleive ziinga is a con.

I wrote because I had already spoken with my bank in person. They did not know what to do, new rules had just been introduced by government. Writing was best way to explain my problem and what I need, talking on phone can cause problems with misinterpretation of what is beeing said. Phone calls can be ignored or something important could be writen down wrongly. Writing a letter is more important than a phone call, letters are offical and evidence, phone calls are not.

• 3 weeks later...

Ziinga have today 31/01/2011 taken another 59.99 from my account. went to speak with bank about this problem re-occurring. i was told it was with dispute team who are awaiting a reply from ziinga. British phone number for ziinga does not work, bank advisor tried to ring them. due to this problem i have asked for a new card. very dissappointed in co-op banks lack of help to recover my money. bank not interested in charge back, they do not know what it is.i am now forced to change direct debit for sky tv or incur penalties.

co-op

used them several times on chargeback now.

08457 212212

go through the log in

hit # twice

tell them there is fraud going on on your account and can you action an urgent chargeback please

this is the second time

dx

and they

Maybe this will help with the Ziinga problem... I found it whilst seeking data about the mamangement company..

Board approval of acquisition of Flamingo Intervest Ltd and listing of new shares

12 Dec, 2011 06:50 CET

Reference is made to the stock exchange notices on 19 October, 21 October and 16 November 2011 and the Equivalent Document dated 15 November 2011, regarding Nio Security, Inc.'s ("Nio") share purchase agreement to acquire Flamingo Intervest Ltd ("Flamingo") controlling the entertainment shopping internet site with settlement in new shares. After completion and review of due diligence reports, the Board of Nio has resolved to complete the acquisition of Flamingo as described in the Equivalent Document dated 15 November 2011. Nio has engaged legal advisor, financial advisor and technical advisor to conduct legal due diligence, agreed upon procedures on the financial information sourced from management accounts and technical due diligence on Flamingo's internet site and related IP rights. The legal advisor has performed a due diligence review of certain documents disclosed by Flamingo and issued a report summarizing the legal assessments of the documents received. Further, the legal advisor has coordinated legal due diligences on information and documents disclosed by Flamingo and its subsidiaries subject to foreign laws. Law firms on the British Virgin Island, Malta, the Philippines and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines performed legal due diligences on information and documents subject to the laws of the British Virgin Island, Malta, the Philippines and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. The financial advisor has performed agreed upon procedures on the unaudited historical financial information for 2010 and the period 01.01.2011 to 30.06.2011 sourced from management accounts and issued a report summarizing the financial assessments of Flamingo and its subsidiaries. The financial advisor has not carried out an audit or a limited audit. The technical advisor has performed technical due diligence and issued a report summarizing the technical assessment of Flamingo and its subsidiaries, hereunder a technical assessment of the following: (i) technical platform and IP rights, (ii) development practice and (iii) solution performance. The due diligence investigation and agreed upon procedures have not revealed any material matters affecting the valuation of Flamingo or the feasibility or execution of the acquisition. Flamingo's financial historical information has not been audited and has been sourced from management accounts as described in the Equivalent Document dated 15 November 2011. Some weaknesses in reporting routines and within the accounting procedures for the periods covered have been identified during the due- diligence, with Flamingo's invoices and records being to some extent incomplete. These issues have in all material respect already been rectified by Flamingo, and the Board will further improve and implement appropriate accounting and reporting procedures and routines as soon as practicably possible following the completion of the transaction. The subsidiary of Flamingo, Auction Management Ltd has not timely submitted audited financial statements to the Company Registry on Malta. This does not hinder the subsidiary from carry out its activities, and Flamingo has made a provision for taxes payable of DKK 40,000 that covers the expected liability to the tax authorities on Malta. Nio will conduct an audit on Auction Management Ltd and report to the Registry of Companies on Malta. Flamingo's management accounts have been compiled based on Danish GAAP. Nio will for the fiscal year 2011 change its accounting principles to IFRS which may impact the financial statements of Nio including the pro forma financial information included in the Equivalent Document dated 15 November 2011. In connection with the transaction, the sellers of Flamingo that received the new shares as settlement has entered into lock-up agreements, where the sellers of Flamingo has agreed not to sell any shares in Nio for a period up until 31 December 2013. The ultimate owners (sellers) of Flamingo, Masih Nikdar, Dennis Mikkelsen and Thomas Madsen will be employed by Flamingo with effect from 1 January 2012. Pursuant to the SPA the employees (in their capacity as ultimate sellers) are subject to a non-competition restriction until 31 December 2013. Further, Flamingo is entitled to impose an additional six months' non- competition restriction on each of the employees following the termination of the employment agreements against a compensation for of EUR 20,000 per month. Nio confirms that the 60,000,000 new shares issued as settlement for Flamingo have been duly authorized by all necessary corporate action and that the shares have been fully paid and validly issued. After the issue of new shares, the number of outstanding shares in Nio is 105,634,309, each with a par value of USD 0.10. The 60,000,000 new shares will be registered with ISIN US 459 378 1051 and listed on Oslo Børs on or about 12 December 2011. For further details please refer to the Equivalent Document dated 15 November 2011. For further information, please contact Tore Formo, CEO, Telephone +47 91 66 86 78. This information is subject of the disclosure requirements acc. to §5-12 vphl (Norwegian Securities Trading Act

Company: Flamingo Intervest Ltd. Name: Nikdar Masih Address: OMC Chambers, Road Town City: Tortola Country: VIRGIN ISLANDS, BRITISH Postal Code: P.O. Box 3152 Administrative Contact: Company: Flamingo Intervest Ltd. Name: Nikdar Masih Address: OMC Chambers, Road Town City: Tortola Country: VIRGIN ISLANDS, BRITISH Postal Code: P.O. Box 3152 Phone: +35625572557 Fax: Email: Technical Contact: Company: Flamingo Intervest Ltd. Name: Nikdar Masih Address: OMC Chambers, Road Town City: Tortola Country: VIRGIN ISLANDS, BRITISH Postal Code: P.O. Box 3152 Phone: +35625572557 Fax: Email: Original Creation Date: 2009-09-30 Expiration Date: 2015-09-29 Status: clientTransferProhibited

• 1 month later...

I have recived a letter today from my bank co-op, i am informed they have repaid the money taken by Ziinga from my account. I am very concerned that a bank does not listen to it's customers, and re-pays money after a recharge was made against a fraudulant company. Banks sent me paperwork from ziinga outlining it's terms and conditions showing charge of 59.99, bank paid ziinga 61.94 against my wishes. I have written to the co-op bank and asked for a recharge, but I do not expect to get a satisfactory outcome, i am very annoyed. Anyone who has any idea what to do next would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Folks...

After Ziinga admitted by email that my account had been cancelled, but then took money from my bank account.. I contacted both Ziinga and the Co-Op bank as they are my bank... I requested that they put a prevention case forward to stop Ziinga.com from taking the money fraudulently.. This has happened and nothing has been taken from my account since...

You must contact the Fraudulent tranactions team at the Co-Op Hq and they will take action..

If you need anymore help please contact me..

regards

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I am another falling for the belief that I could get things really cheap on Ziinga. I didn't know until I had read the "Terms and Conditions" that my stupidity would cost me not far off £200 in charges. I signed and cancelled within 30 mins. They kindly charged me £28 for breaking the contract. I called my bank and they would do nothing because I had used my debit card. I am a pensioner and can't afford to loose any cash, but I've been caught out here. My advise to anyone visiting this site is to stay well away.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

I have also been scammed by ask-ziinga.com on the 13th Feb 2012 I paid £2 shipping fee for an old style iPod which I have never received and on the 21st Feb they took £59.99 from my Vanquis credit card. Then on the 24th March the tool £1 followed by £58.99.

I have contacted Vanquis and they say its a site subscription fee and can only be cancelled by telling ask-ziing.com to do so, after looking on the web I see hundreds of people with the same issues and ziinga just seem to be getting away with it :(

All Vanquis said was if ziinga dont sort it out to get back in touch with vanquis to see if they can do anything, I ask what is the point on card insurance.