Pregnanat and ESA appeal dismissed

Reptilekeeper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

i am 26 weeks pregnant with a 3 year old girl. i received a letter today to let me know my esa appeal has been dismissed and i am no longer going to get money. i applied due to bad back problems, severe anxiety and clinical depression. i fell pregnant in that time also.

i am now worried as apparantly a jsa claim is going to take at least 2 weeks and i cant get a crisis loan due to the amount i owe them.

i owe £60 on my council rent, if i dont pay it i will be evicted. i am in emergency on gas and electric, with only sausages and fishfingers in the freezer. family cant help either.

please can i have some advice. i cant stop crying as i dont know what im going to do

Ok, now wev just found out our freezer didnt freeze the food proper and the fishfingers and sausages are off. luckily my daughter is at my mams but me and my partner havnt got anything apart from beans and bread.

i cant handle this. just feel like curling up and dying!

Have they just notifiied you that your ESA was to cease?. With your payment being due tomorrow and I presume you made your claim to JSA today, could ypu try ringing the JobCente tomorrow and ask for backdating of JSA for two weeks, that should mean to the last day of your entitlement to ESA.

Then they could make a payment if the backdating is accepted and they have your form

" Your JSA claim can only be backdated for a maximum of 3 months even if you meet the above conditions.

However, you may also receive backdated JSA for a maximum of 1 month if you can show that you had "good cause" for delaying your claim for one of the following reasons (SS (C&P) Regs, reg 19(6)&(7)):

• the ES office where you "would be expected to make a claim was closed and alternative arrangements were not available"

• you could not attend "the appropriate office due to difficulties with [your] normal mode of transport and there was no reasonable alternative available"

• there "were adverse postal conditions"

• you were in receipt of another benefit before claiming JSA and the "notification of expiry of entitlement to that benefit was not sent to [you] before the date that [your] entitlement expired"

• you had claimed JSA in your own right within a month of separating from your partner

• a close relative (i.e. partner, parent, son, daughter, brother or sister) died in the month before your claim was made.

Maybe the fourth one down applies to you, its not your fault ESA let you know the day before payday your entitlement was to end....

If they cant backdate then I think you have may have chance of a crisis loan. You cant live on nothing

What about your child tax credit and child benefit?

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

we do get ctc and cb, its £58 ctc on fridays and £20 on a tues.

i am going to try my hardest for a crisis loan tomorrow. i am anemic(sp?) so need to take iron tablets with food. also, social services are involved with my 3 year old (messy house, long story). if we dont get gas, leccy, food etc, shel probably be taken.

Hopefully Crisis loan will not refuse you a loan, try asking for JSA backdating you have nothing to lose, social fund will ring JSA and ask them if there is any benefit due to you if you have a new claim in, if you are not due any JSA as it stands they should pay you

Good luck and I hope you sort something out tomorrow

Again good luck with everything. When you are 39 weeks pregnant you could then make a claim to Income Support, this can be claimed untill your new baby is fifteen weeks..

Unless your partner has made the new claim to JSA then you can both stay on JSA, or close the claim and you then yo

at 39 weeks can claim I.S for the both of you..

Again good luck with everything. When you are 39 weeks pregnant you could then make a claim to Income Support, this can be claimed untill your new baby is fifteen weeks..

Unless your partner has made the new claim to JSA then you can both stay on JSA, or close the claim and you then yo

at 39 weeks can claim I.S for the both of you..

I might be thinking of something else; but I'm sure there was something about IS and 29 weeks pregnant?