Anyone know anything about Car Cash Point Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I stupidly took out a log book loan with this company in June.

Unfortunately due to my financial situation have recently fallen behind in my payments by approx £900 (the original loan was £4500)

I have been in regular contact with them via e mail & asked if they could change my weekly repayments & let me pay off the arrears £100 per month

but they would only reduce it by £10 a week which didn't help much.

I have now been told that the matter has been sent to there DCA company.

I have emailed them to say I can pay some of it on the 20th Dec & asked for a final settlement figure.

I received an e mail this evening to say unless I pay tonight they can no longer help me & gave no settlement figure.

I'm really worried as I can't work without my car and therfore could lose everything also my husband doesn't know about the loan and would hit the roof.

What should I do next?

will the DCA company let me come to an arrangement or will they just turn up & take my car?

help & advice would be very much appreciated as I'm not sure what to do next.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Not my ball game unfortunately but I will flag this up to the team and see if someone can help.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi thanks for the info

I haven't had a chance to go through it properly yet but I will tomorrow.

They have sent me a settlement figure which includes a £300 from them a £310 fee from a company called burlingtons & a £60 storage fee!!

Over £5000 in all

has anyone dealt with burlingtons?

I have asked car cash point to give me until tues to pay the arrears

they refused I also e mailed burlingtons asking what the procedure was once instructed.

I am so so stressed & worried that they will just arrive & take the car at any time.

Please help the more info I have the better thanks

Hi I posted on here over the weekend as I was about to lose my car through a log book loan with Car Cash Point.

I had got myself into some financial problems & had arrears over £800.

I had been in contact with them via e mail but was too scared to phone them face to face especially after reading all the horror stories about other log book loan companies.

However Mr Paul Hilburn contacted me this morning & couldn't have been more helpful.

I was very stressed & quite upset about the very stupid situation I had got myself in & didn't know which way to turn.

At the end of the day I had borrowed the money & they were perfectly within their rights to take the car,

however Paul was amazing & they have put together a new repayment plan for me which is now affordable.

All I can say is not all log book loan companies are the same & they definately deserve their number 1 title.

They were very understanding and I just wished I had contacted them earlier.

I can now look forward to a very merry Christmas

thats good news

i sincerely hope you are not however going to pay any unlawful late charges etc

there is no legal remit to allow these to be levied

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

I posted on here last week regarding a problem i was having with Car Cash Point (cant find it now), but i just want to update the situation.

The next day i got to speak to Paul Hilden of CCP and explained to him what was going on. He said he would look into it and try and find out if there was anyway he could help.

Within an hour Paul rang me back and proposed a solution that was very much acceptable to me and due the misunderstanding made a reasonable concession on my account.

The moral of the story is, although CCP are a company out to make money..................if you do fall into financial difficulties, speak to Paul before panicking. Like most companies if they can help, they will.

Worries me when people take out Logbook Loans. These guys are in the business of ripping people off, I've studied this kind of loan fairly extensively recently and its clear that 99% of them are very unforgiving when it comes to trying to help you get out of the debt because at the end of the day, they have your car as leverage. Just take a look on Google for all the lawsuits filed against Logbook Loan companies recently.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

yes the staff are nice when you take out the loan

promise you the world

paul is nice at 1st then as soon as you want anything its a no or unlawful charges

avoid at all cost if you can

took a 6000 loan after paying 10 months i decided to pay the loan off managed to get another loan to pay them

i got a loan with 1500 intrest ontop yes high but mutch better off paying 7158.46 and get rid off them

I paid 480 a month for a 6000 loan

i paid this for 10 months i asked for settlement figure

and after paying them 5700 in total the loan only went down to £5,658.46 for loan of 6000

so thats 341.54 off the loan and 5659 to them in intrest

avoid at all cost

very easy to get loan THINK THINK THINK before taking it

once you accept it unless you can pay it back very fast intrest is stupid no way out i would of paid back £28800.00 over the period of the loan

also if you are in the position to settle and get these robbers off your back

BEWARE BEWARE BEWRE early settlement charge in small print 480 if you decide to settle early

and once you decide to settle and say good riddens

they are not happy and VERY VERY RUDE total different from the start.

my advise to anyone thinking of getting a loan

before taking out this option shop around there are lots of other companies better than them

also check the reviews on other site then you get to see the real carcashpoint reviews

and they delete bad reviews

p.s AVOID on all occasions!!!!!!!