• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rockwell/A&L Loan

Halibutt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a CCA request to Rockwell four months ago. No response at all, though no further attempts at chasing the alleged debt have been made - by telephone or in writing.

Either they're dragging their heels in the hope of eventually obtaining something or they simply don't have a valid CCA.

I haven't yet sent the Account In Dispute letter, although, by the lack of response, it can be assumed the account is in dispute.

Is it advisable to send the In Dispute letter or just let it lie and see what happens? If I send a letter, it might wake them up and initiate continued action, but my feeling is that I should send the letter, because they'll probably pass the account on and I'd like to be able to tell any future DCAs to just return the account to Rockwell as it's officially in dispute.

Any thoughts welcome and thanks.

H. x

You don't need to send the A/C in dispute letter although it does no harm to do so. If another DCA happens to turn up, you can send them packing anyway.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks Silverfox. When I get my next benefit payment, I'll be able to afford to send the In Dispute letter - I think crossing the Ts and dotting the Is would be a good idea. In the meantime, food is a priority! :sad:

Thanks Silverfox. When I get my next benefit payment, I'll be able to afford to send the In Dispute letter - I think crossing the Ts and dotting the Is would be a good idea. In the meantime, food is a priority! :sad:

If you want, you could just get a certificate of posting from the Post Office (free) Saves on the cost of RD

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I know you want to know that it was delliverd but if it came down to your word against theirs(in any complaint)proof of posting is sufficient

Do Rockwell have an email address?

I think so, but I'm a bit old fashioned and like to keep a paper trail. After four months, another week or so won't hurt. The main thing is that I don't want to unnecessarily kick the hornets' nest, but I want to make sure everything is exactly right. I'm fully prepared to go to court if any of these idiots want to take it that far...

I know you want to know that it was delliverd but if it came down to your word against theirs(in any complaint)proof of posting is sufficient

Do Rockwell have an email address?

Hi Silv

Ouch Proof of posting??? once in the Royal Mail system it is deemed to be delivered and duly recieved, however I have just recently fought of an angry bailiff re distress warrant for unpaid fine to which I knew nothing of the offence, I had to make a stat dec to save me from £700 fee + 6 points. the case I hope is going to be re-opened.

My neighbour told me he got a letter for me but opened it in error but was embarrased to tell me, so moral of the Proof of post is do it recorded.

Mr W

Edited by Mr Worried
sp

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• 1 year later...

In July 2010, I sent a CCA request, accompanied by a postal order for the statutory £1 fee to "Rockwell" for an amount they alledge is outstanding on an unsecured Alliance & Leicester loan from 1999. Last acknowledged in writing in March 2010.

To date, I've had nothing whatsoever back from them. I did consider sending the "Account in dispute" letter, but thought that this might just serve as a reminder and essentially be kicking the hornet's nest.

My thought is that I should continue to do nothing, rather than contacting them in writing again.

However, I have a strong feeling that the account will be passed on to another DCA in the next few months and letter ping-pong may resume.

Simple question is:

If a new DCA starts chasing, can I state that the account is in dispute with Rockwell and should be returned to them, or do I have to have sent the In dispute letter to Rockwell first?

I consider the account in dispute due to lack of valid CCA, disproportionate charges, interest (after being told in writing that interest would cease) and harassment by telephone at the time (around 10 calls a day).

Thanks for any advice.

H. x

Yes, but it was sold to Rockwell, who were then sent a CCA request - not the original lender. I'd been paying the OC.

So Rockwell are responsible for sending the requested paperwork or obtaining it from the OC. If they fail in this duty, the dispute is with Rockwell, so surely while the dispute exists, they shouldn't re-sell the account?

Thanks for your input DonkeyB :)

Yes, Rockwell are responsible for complying with the CCA request. They cannot enforce while in default. Better to refer to them as the debt buyer or creditor, rather than as a DCA.

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment when the account was sold? When was it sold?

Did you continue to pay the OC after it had been sold? Are you still paying?

You are leaking extra bits of info which would have been useful at the start!

You should certainly send the account in dispute letter.

And you should be reclaiming PPI and any other unfair charges.

And yes, they can sell it even if there is a dispute, though the practice is frowned upon by the OFT. But you must put your disputes in writing.

Alternatively you could ignore, as Rockwell are notoriously useless.

Thanks DonkeyB. Well, as I don't yet have a CCA and haven't sent a SAR, I'm not totally sure of additional charge/interest amounts. Sorry, didn't mean to just slowly leak info LOL

Recieved NOA from original creditor (I'd have to look up sale date) stopped paying Rockwell 12 + 2 days after CCA request was sent. Haven't heard anything since. Maybe a SAR would make sense for reclaiming charges?

Rockwell DO seem to be even more useless than companies like Lowell, but if the concensus is to send the in dispute letter, that's what I'll be doing first thing on Monday. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. :)

H. x

do this debt show on your cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No payment arrangement with Rockwell. Phone calls, letters as usual. I've read several times on CAG that it's "reasonable" to withold payments while an account is indispute. I'd previously informed them of inability to pay and offered £1 a month but that was ignored and phone calls continued until I sent the appropriate template.

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm going to have a busy next couple of days! :)

I've read several times on CAG that it's "reasonable" to withold payments while an account is indispute.

That was bad advice, IMO! It only really holds when the PPI and unfair charges would outweigh the claimed balance due. But if there’s no arrangement in place, it’s a moot point.

It’s good that you’ve made an offer, and bad for them to ignore you.

• 3 months later...

Well, I've finally got a reply from Rockwell regarding my CCA request and the subsequent "In Dispute" letter.

Here it is, word for word...

Dear Sir,

Any future queries relating to this account should be directed to (the OC).

Yours sincerely,

Collections Manager

I note they can't even get the dear Sir/yours sincerely/faithfully right LOL