HMRC Contacted employer??????

dunequeen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this one

HMRC rang my employer asking if i still worked there and had our-(work) PAYE number changed?? They rang my mobile first but i missed the call.

Ive been with my current employer over 4 years and recntly returned from m.leave.

Im panicing now as my tax/n.i contributions seem low - im worried im going to get stung with not paying enough tax and n.i due to SMP etc

im single mum and receive working tax family tax no other benefits

PLEASE anyone had anything simular????

Hiya

They rang my mobile number witheld then literally two seconds later my boss phone rang number witheld and it was HMRC - We have caller i.d on the work phones - hate things like this - im not lucky enough for it to be something like a rebate :-(

Hiya

Thats what i thought. I havent had any letters from them at all. Was thinking it was maybe t.credits crossing checking my info but i renewed for this year back in May?? i was on smp for 9 months so paid minimal tax - just thought it was weird to ask if i still worked at my employment and if the company had changed the PAYE no - surely they would see i am paying tax and N.I from their records?

Edited by dunequeen
spealling error

Hiya

Thats what im a bit concerned about as i havent had any letters form them first - i always thought they had to write to you first before they started any kind of review??? Maybe its hmrc regarding my tax code then and what ive paid etc - i wish i was that lucky and get a rebate - knowing my luck my employer hasnt deducted enough tax and N.I from me :-(