Lucy C V RBS

Guest BlueRuby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest BlueRuby

Lucy, please don't think I'm being rude or bossy, but have you read the FAQs and the step-by-step instructions? Also, are you in England? :) You really need to ask for your statements (DPA letter). I would not trust the bank to work out your charges for you :rolleyes:

I think that everyone is supposed to be able to have a basic account. You can usually open them with a fiver or even just a pound. This account is just in case... Don't worry about the overdraft, especially as your charges are likely to cover it anyway. If you set about this claim in the right way (see above) you will get your money back. Probably they will then close your account but you won't care :D

I don't think you're being rude or bossy at all! I'm really new to this so any help is gratefully received! :)

I have read the step by step instructions, I copied the letter from this site in order to get all my statements for the last 6 years in order for me to work out the charges myself, which I have literally just put in the post.

The reason I have concern about getting a new account is that my partner is being refused current accounts left right and centre and he has a much better credit history than I do, I think his only misdemeanor was about 8 years ago, but since then his record is clear and is currently good, yet no one will let him have a current account. I will shop around and see if I can get one!

Thank you!

~

:p I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time :razz: ~

Guest BlueRuby

I think you have to distinguish between a current account and a basic account. The basic account is just that, somewhere to deposit and withdraw money! You won't get a chequebook or an overdraft facility. You may not even get a debit card just a cashcard. But as I understand it everybody should be able to get a basic account. Hope that helps and good luck.