Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2007

Default RBS DSAR Query .... feedback please?

RBSicon dsar query?

I am still awaitng bank statements from rbs & then this turns up today ... confused.com!!

Subject access requesticon-DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 (SECTION 7)

" Thank you for requesting details of the personal information we hold about you and payment of the required fee.

The data will be forwarded to you within 40 calendar days. As part of this request it may be necessary to send information under separate cover from a number of different departments across the bank.

It is not our practice to provide copies of standard documents that would have been issued as part of our normal course of business, such as copy bank statements. Should you wish to receive these, please let me know the period you require the statements to cover and this can be arranged. "

Guys I'm just a tad confused here. I sent the request off more than 40 days ago and surely the DSAR includes copy statements. What are they playing at? Help!!! ??

Default Re: RBS DSAR Query .... feedback please?

bit strange!!

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

They just can't seem to get it right, send them a reminder [rec del] and get a complaint in to the ICOicon

Statements are not a requirement but they are obliged to include transaction history within response......... oh and something to look out for when they do eventually comply - they'll send you 6 yearsicon only from date the dept responsible received request with notation that only 6 years are held - when you get the history, send the tw*ts a reminder of the date you made the request, you'll receive transaction history for the whole period requested. Typical RBSicon response is deny, deny and if we're not sure deny again

Have a hearing coming up against the wasters soon for similar issues

Gez

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2007

Thanks for that - much appreciate your words & experience. Kindest Regards

Quote Originally Posted by gezwee View Post
    They just can't seem to get it right, send them a reminder [rec del] and get a complaint in to the ICOicon

Statements are not a requirement but they are obliged to include transaction history within response......... oh and something to look out for when they do eventually comply - they'll send you 6 yearsicon only from date the dept responsible received request with notation that only 6 years are held - when you get the history, send the tw*ts a reminder of the date you made the request, you'll receive transaction history for the whole period requested. Typical RBSicon response is deny, deny and if we're not sure deny again

Have a hearing coming up against the wasters soon for similar issues

Gez

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2007

Question Re: RBS DSAR Query .... feedback please?

I have just received my SRA paperwork back from the RBSicon and they have also given me a load of BS !!They said that my request for old mortgageicon data has been passed to there mortgageicon dept and i will hear from them soon. They also have only sent a few statement from THIS year !! ( i have been with them since 1991)The only other stuff i received was 2 copy loan statements which were settled in 1994. I think i will write to them again so if anyone has any advice of what to put in the letter then please message me.. Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetshafted View Post
    I have just received my SRA paperwork back from the RBSicon and they have also given me a load of BS !!They said that my request for old mortgageicon data has been passed to there mortgageicon dept and i will hear from them soon. They also have only sent a few statement from THIS year !! ( i have been with them since 1991)The only other stuff i received was 2 copy loan statements which were settled in 1994. I think i will write to them again so if anyone has any advice of what to put in the letter then please message me.. Thanks guys...
    Hi DGS

Start your own thread on this and define what data you are chasing along with inception/settlement dates [if any]

Current a/c
    o/d
    p/l
    Mortgage
    Pension/annuity
    ISA
    Insurance etc etc

no need to be exact, rough idea of mm/yy will do..............

Gez

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2007

Thanks Gezwee,Can you tell me how to start a new threadicon as im pretty new to posting...cheersDGS

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetshafted View Post
    Thanks Gezwee,Can you tell me how to start a new threadicon as im pretty new to posting...cheersDGS
    Hi dgs

Assuming you want to keep it in the RBSicon forum............ click on the following link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...nk-of-Scotland

Top left [and bottom left] of window you'll see a button/tab marked + Post new thread

Click on it, think of a suitable name for thread and post away

Gez

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following