claims investigation department

dimfam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have accidently damaged my laptop. It was sent to repair people and come back with the letter that it's not repairable. Insurance company advise to write to Claims Investigation Department Dixons House. So, what I did send registred letter with explanations and copies of all letters and refferences.

Well, at this time over a month gone since they recieved my claim, I've no answer or letter from them.

Could you advise about the terms for investigation or next step wich I would need to do?

thank you in advance.

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi thanks for getting in contact with us following your computer repair. Is this item under the first years warranty or is it under an extended agreement that you have?If its under the latter all I would suggest what you do is send 'claims investigations' a letter to state how the damage has happened and when, and they will look into it further for you. If the item is under the first years warrenty and you have damaged it. We would not be able to repair the item as you would not be covered under the manufactures warranty for accidental damage and that would be why they have sent it back to you. Keep me updated and I will look into this further for you if required. Kind Regards, PaulThe KNOWHOW Team

Edited by Paul - CurrysPCWorld

thanks

that laptop is under second year of coverplan(expiry Jan2013), manufacturer's guarantee expiry date Jan11.

so, my main concern is how long I have to wait for answer from Investigation depatment?

Pavel

Hi
T
hanks for getting in contact with us following your computer repair. Is this item under the first year
'
s warranty or is it under an extended agreement that you have?If it
'
s under the latter all
I would suggest what you do is send
'claims investigations' a letter to state how the damage has happened and when
(comma not needed)
and they will look into it further for you. If the item is under the first years warr
a
nty and you have damaged it
(full stop not required - use comma)
We would not be able to repair the item as you would not be covered under the manufacture
r
'
s warranty for accidental damage and that would be why they have sent it back to you. Keep me updated and I will look into this further for you if required. Kind Regards, PaulThe KNOWHOW Team

Just a wee bit of help...... Will shortly be starting a thread on DSG regarding mis-selling and misrepresentation over the last 26 months. When I see these simple mistakes it really shows why DSG has failed, to their cost, to deal with my concerns.

Hi Dimfam, The turn around time is around 14-28 days for the investigation team to get the full information and put together all the details that they have. They will be in contact with you when they have all the information. Kind Regards,PaulThe KNOWHOW Team.

Hi Kurvaface,Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with me. The agreements that we have are not insurance policies they are term agreements. We have several agreements which can be viewed in your local store if you would like to view them. If you have been sold anything from us under false pretences you can post up and I will look into this for you.Kind Regards,PaulThe KNOWHOW Team.

kurvaface do you really think picking up on some spelling and grammer mistakes will help the OP

please take your issues up on your own thread and leave this to help the person who asked for help

ive reported the entire thread under the heading personal disputes see if the mods can clean it a little

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I pay to cag and contribute in order to ensure that anybody who needs help in a situation like this can get it without hinderance. I am sceptical that there is a legitimate

reason for the op to not have had his issues sorted yet. Based on my own experience with this company the only way to get rapid resolution is often to expose the problem publicly and embarrass the company into doing the right thing. The fact that this company has chosen to represent itself in such a public forum with a barely literate person suggests to me that they do not take it seriously. My advice to the op is to post up documentation for scrutiny by us so that the company concerned does the right thing - openly.

!!

Well,

I would like to know, if time for responce from claims ivestigation department is up (45 days since they recieved my letter), whom I have to contact for futher action?

Sorry for my English.:oops:

Thank you

Pavel

Pavel....your english is better than many around here :razz:

I suggest you make a complaint to PCworld but also in tandem to trading standards. 45 days is an utterly unacceptable degree of delay when dealing with a customer!

If you have any documentation in relation to the service you believe you should be receiving from this company, if you can upload it we will be able to make more suggestions:-D

Hope you have better luck than I did.

My Advent Vega was accidentally stood on by my son and the knowhow insurance was only a week old. The tablet went in for repair later Sept ,the tablet was gone 4 weeks and returned unrepaired as it was "mis-use" via "The claims dept".

I complained in writing (you can't call them) to the dept and no answer but was contacted by an independent claim assessor a week later who verbally upheld my claim.

A further 2 weeks passed and nothing so I wrote to the CEO of the DSG group and another week later I was contacted by a customer services person who said the report wasn't back yet (3 weeks).

I received a phone call yesterday from customer services to say that a letter was in the post and my claim was rejected ,Goodbye and sod off . Small claims here I come

Paul

Hi - I need Help, Currys in my experience just do not care about thier customers. Claims Investigations have had my explanatory letter for my Acer laptop since Nov 4th, ( following you collecting from store on 18.10.11) I rang your team last Friday & the service rep dictated an email he sent whilst I was on the phone to the Head of Investigations. Howeverseven days later& 38 days after I was told I could claim after accidentally damaging my laptop, endorsed by my local store, a service rep and a escalation team manager - still no decision ?????

Fair ??

• 5 years later...

I wish to report to this forum that I had an excellent service from Curry PC World's Knowhow recently. While I was shifting my HP desktop PC (quite heavy; it's the model with tower and monitor built in as one unit) from my loft room I accidentally dropped it when I attempted to rest it on the first floor banister. The PC landed on the ground wooden floor and was damaged. I sent it for repairs. I handed over the PC at the local Currys - the process was smooth. Whilst an attempt was made by the engineers to fix it, the customer service regularly updated me the progress. On Friday, I received a text message saying that the Knowhow would be replacing my PC. To date, I am due to visit the local shop to select a replacement product. I am highly satisfied with their service; on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give 10 to Knowhow!