Yell.com and Moorcroft Debt Recovery

gray_1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in April 2010 my daughter contacted Yell.com to inquire about advertising, a few days later she received a phone call and after a very very long conversation was offered a deal, she stated that it was just an inquiry and that she would not be interested in anything until after her visit to friends in Scotland during July. Today she has received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd demanding £139.20 and £40 fee. She has only ever spoken to an agent over the phone, she has not signed anything and has never made or been asked to make any payments or give her bank details. Is there anyone who can advise? thanks.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

1) Write to Moorcroft and without telling them a long story just say you have no account with yell and never have. Tell them to sling it otherwise you will complain to trading standards etc.

2) If the only communication you have had with yell is the telephone conversation, perhaps you should get the transcript of the conversation. You can do this by submitting a data Subject Access Request with a £10 fee. Email their privacy officer for more info: [email protected]

I wouldn't waste my time or money on a SAR to yell.

Moorcr@p deal in statute barred or unenforceable debts, the ones no0one else will touch which is why they buy them so cheap.

If you want to start a game of letter tennis with them, then by all means, but it will be a very long drawn out process, report them to the OFT&TS and send moorcr@p this if you want...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

When they reply, send it again, and when they reply, keep sending it.....or alternatively send it once and ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Paul -Yell Official Company Rep
Back in April 2010 my daughter contacted Yell.com to inquire about advertising, a few days later she received a phone call and after a very very long conversation was offered a deal, she stated that it was just an inquiry and that she would not be interested in anything until after her visit to friends in Scotland during July. Today she has received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd demanding £139.20 and £40 fee. She has only ever spoken to an agent over the phone, she has not signed anything and has never made or been asked to make any payments or give her bank details. Is there anyone who can advise? thanks.

Hi there, I am an employee at Yell and monitor forums on the web for the company - would you be able to email me details of what has happened, plus a contact number, so this can be looked into for you? My email address is paul.stamp at yellglobal.com Thanks, Paul

?? What?? Paul is an "Official company rep" as denoted by his green name, at least allow him the chance to correct this mistake.

While you are at it Paul, can you tell us why yell is associated with a thoroughly disgusting company like moorcroft. It says more about yell than any good intentions their representation on this forum might have.

Infact, I will make a point of removing my business listing from yell until such time it ceases this association!

Edited by kurvaface

Well, yetserday I have phoned yell and removed our listing. I made it quite clear that I wasn't prepared for my business to be associated in anyway with a cowboy company like moorcroft and by dealing with Yell we are indirectly endorsing criminality - my business cannot be tarnished in that way. The guy on the phone sounded like a total knuckle scraper, so luckily I have a recording of the call :-)

Interestingly, I checked our stats on leads from yell - absolutely none!

• 5 years later...
Finished my annual advertising with Yell -

And a month later get this Moorcroft Debt Recovery letter also - no invoice ???

Stay clear from Yell

Can you start your own thread, and scan up the puerile missive Moorcr@p sent, need a good laugh this week!