Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Lloyds TSB/Moorcroft/Midas - now cabot

My mum actually can't remember exactly when she stopped paying,
    she had a payment plan with Lloyds which was then transferred to the DCAicon.

The DCA kept demanding higher monthly payments and as far as she remembers she stopped paying shortly after receiving the PPIicon cheque
    (which was paid into a new bank account, nothing to do with Lloyds).

Her memory isn't great but she thinks the debt might be from an overdraft.
    I've tried asking several times but she just can't remember.

She hasn't moved since 2012 and has been at the same address for around 30 years.
    Is it worth requesting another SARicon to find out when the last payments were made,
    and if so should this go to Lloyds or the DCA?

Officially debt free October 2011 after 10 years 11 months
    Follows
    Following

I forgot to ask, is it the last date of payments to the DCAicon or the last date of payments to Lloyds that determines the statute barredicon date?

Follows
    Following

thank you.
    I was already thinking it was the OD account,
    these are always the most likely candidate fleecing bottom feeding DCAicon's try to sc@m people over as there is never any signed paperwork like with regards to loans or credit cards.

pers i'd do nothing.

sb is last payment to anyone, thoufg on an OD it can wary a wee bit from that date.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Okey dokey, thanks for the info.

The reason I'm worried is that she WILL be moving house this year,
    a DCAicon could send a claim formicon to the old address at anytime in the future and we might miss the letter.

We know that Cabot own this debt
    I thought sending a SB letter would stop the possibility of any further action
    (I've seen on this forum that DCA's will be happily writing about one debt to someone's new address and still send a claim form for a different debt to their old address!)

Follows
    Following

i'd let it run.
    you've a year to deal with the move issue yet
    information gathered or letters received could change things in the meantime .

important thing is to check ref numbers carefully with old letters see if you can get a match to if it IS the old OD.

if so and it being that old..
    she probably did sign a facility document with Lloyds for the OD

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Sorry, do you mean she probably DID or DIDN'T sign for the OD? I'm wondering what the relevance of that is (I think I read something about post 2004 agreements being signed online with a checkbox, is that what you're referring to?)

Follows
    Following

history of the account
    you can always SARicon again if you've lost the old stuff from the sar years ago.
    depends when she first had an OD.
    I know early Lloyds bank account [ this was from 1995 I think yo said earlier] but when the OD was is another matter, but I expect it was formal and agreed some years later.

odds on though even if they could do court, we rarely lose OD claims, certainly not one of this age.

the other way is to send them our SB letter and let them prove otherwise, but then you cant check they are not lying..and believe me on OD's cabot do ..

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4