style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can anyone help? my house ins with swinton was due to exp 05/11 a few weeks before, they sent me a letter saying they needed to talk to me with regard to issues regarding my policy. knowing my pol was up for renewal and no claims had been made i called them. they then went on to give me e renewal quote over the phone. i listened to "the shortened version" of terms and conditions on the phone and as it initially sounded ok said it was ok for them to send me the paperwork out. as i had signed nothing i presumed that once i had had chance to read thru the sent documents, i still had my 14 day cooling off in which to change my mind. they actually sent me my policy documents as well and when i called to say i didnt want to go ahead - within the 14 days and after signing nothing - they have told me that i must pay a £50 cancellation fee???

my boyfriens has gone in and was faced with what can only be described as a bully of a manager who said that he would listen to the phone conversation, my boyfriend is to go back in later today.

in the mean time they have sent me 1 letter to say that they had already taken a an initial payment for my insurance from my account for £12.29 and that i must now pay the remainder of £37.71. i had not signed anything for them to take anything from my account in respect of the new policy.

today i have received a second letter just a week after receiving the first saying that the money is still outstanding, my file of papers has now been passed to the debt collection agents who will pursue the outstanding amount together with any costs incurred subject to a minimum £25 administration charge unless i settle the amount immediately.

i just feel that this is wrong and they are using bullying and pressure tactics to get money from me. im even losing sleep over it.

does anyone know what i should do please