Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have been successful in your claim with MBNA but the thread title doesn't show **WON** or **SETTLED** can you please send a private message to one of the mods to change the title and put it in the successes sub-forum.

This will give other users an at-a-glance guide to other cases that have been won and may just give them that extra little bit of confidence needed to pursue MBNA themselves.

If you can't PM a mod for whatever reason then just reply to this thread.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

PM'd a while ago but haven't been put here yet.

Partial settlement after prelim, then full settlement on the day MCOL was due to be started. Total claim £545.64 using contractual interest.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

I didn't start a thread for this originally.

I got money back from MBNA.

Claim was for £70, but I settled for £30 after they replied to PA - it wasn't worth the time and effort to hold out for more.

I'm after Clydesdale, Halifax, and Morgan Stanley too.

:D <-- MazzaB, financial warrior! (*with a little help from my [real] flexible friends.......*) Bank ---> :mad:

:) Please click on my scales if you find my comments helpful! (or ya think i'm sexy ;))

• 2 months later...
PM'd a while ago but haven't been put here yet.

Partial settlement after prelim, then full settlement on the day MCOL was due to be started. Total claim £545.64 using contractual interest.

Hi there!

I've just put my LBA into MBNA along with CI, did you have any problems along the way with them over the CI? Would love to know more!

Kay

• 4 weeks later...

:grin: Hi

I didn't start a thread originally 'cos this was only for £599.95 (I have a Barclays case about to go to court for £4900, which is much more juicy)

Started letters back & forth with MBNA back in Feb. They sent me a cheque for £210 as an offer, I didn't expect this cheque, it cane out of the blue, however, I wrote back a snotty letter and said I wanted the full amount or nothing else, I explained I would keep the cheque, and they could just send another cheque for the balance.

Had to wait a few weeks, but got a letter back today from Rachel Claridge, assistant vice president, stating that they will be sending me a cheque for the balance £389.95 in the next few days, and consider the matter closed.

To be honest MBNA have been the easiest to deal with out of my 3 case (Barclays, RBOS, & MBNA).

Anyway , good news !!

Keep on...

:-) :-) :-) :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya, please move my ArohemQ vs. MBNA thread to the **WON** section.

Received full settlement after sending 2nd letter rejecting 1st offer.

Without resorting to court actions, 8% statutory interest paid anyway! :o

Amount was : £380 plus £131.44%.

Barclays Bank: £855 + £334.02% . 1st Offer:£605-Rejected.No 2nd Offer. Will require courts.

Barclaycard: £140 + £48.72% . 1st Offer:£56 -Rejected.No 2nd offer. Will require courts.

Amex: £270 + £94.68%. 1st Offer:£0 ! -Rejected. 2nd offer £179.17 (£135 +£44.17%)-Rejected.

Halifax: £165 + £60.40% . 1st Offer:£82.50-Rejected. 2nd-Offer £165-Full Settlement, no%...- ACCEPTED:-D No court action involved.

MBNA:£380 + £131.44% . 1st Offer:£160 -Rejected. 2nd Offer:£511.44! Full Settlement + 8% - ACCEPTED:D No court action involved.

Convinced friend to start: He has accepted 90% settlement of £2000: £1800, from HSBC!

Pushing 3 more people to kick off their claims, including my brother. Assisting them by pointing them here!

I felt no need to start a thread as found charges of £130 on statements, wrote to them asking for it back received a GOGW £100 after first letter.

Happy with this as I am spending all my time on two claims within my family against YB and LLoyds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blueskies,

Just posted an update to my claim against MBNA. Now that i've won, I would be grateful if you could change the title and add it to the successes sub-forum.

Ta muchly!

Help! Are there any 'other institution' moderators out there who could move my successfull claim thread to 'Successes'?

I have tried PMing the usual suspects Blueskies and Barracada aka the Stig without any response so far .....

Thanks

Brett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another victorythumbsup.gif

And this one without even entering court proceedings.

In May I sent MBNA (Alliance & Leicester credit card) a claim for £390, which included £90 of interest. On the 28th June I receved a leter with the usual blah blah blah goodwill payment of £180. I wrote back and said I would accept this as part payment and if they did not refund full amount I would proceed with court action. I heard nothing and was going to enter MCOL this week. Today I got a letter offering me a further £288 goodwill payment which in total is £468, £90 more than I was claiming in the first place. Wont see any of it as I still owe them some omeny but at least it has reduced the debt and will reduce my interest charges.biggrin.gif

Chrissie

Congratulations Chrissie!

Knowing the nightmare that is MBNA admin, I also gave them a little extra time before starting MCOL and it works.My settlement was also a credit rather than real readies and I am on a zero interest payment arangement so it made a nice dent in the outstanding balance.

You were lucky to get a result before the OFT threw their hat into the ring - I've had an MCOL filed against Lloyds TSB since the end of March for approx four grand with a court date scheduled for next week ,and I have just been told that it's been stayed until the OFT result - very unfair and frustrating!

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

After an intial payment of 499.00 was made to my OH's card about a month ago, the additional 1576.35 was credited at the end of August. The whole process started in May.

Unfortunately it's not play money as it has been paid back onto the card, which will be closed at the end of this month. More importantly though, it's 1 less stone around our necks :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/99823-can-i-join-mbna.html

;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 7 months later...

The claims process is not always a short, simple one, but there are many, many successes. I managed to reclaim for my hubby. It took time but not a penny left my pocket in the process!! :D

I'm glad you got your money in the end.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.