Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have been successful in your claim with Capital One but the thread title doesn't show **WON** or **SETTLED** can you please send a private message to one of the mods to change the title and put it in the successes sub-forum.

This will give other users an at-a-glance guide to other cases that have been won and may just give them that extra little bit of confidence needed to pursue Capital One themselves.

If you can't PM a mod for whatever reason then just reply to this thread.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Ruthie P

I got a lovely letter of victory today from Capital One....

Claim number 6QZ89939

Total refunded £662.82!

whoohoo!

THANKS CAG!

X

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well done everyone!:D

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Steve v Capital One Credit Card

WON in full with contractual interest

Lloyds

19-10-06- S.A.R Letter

Prelim 20-11-06 £10,492

LBA - 2/12/06

Cap 1

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

Prelim 20-11-06 £1,467

LBA 2/12/06

WON-Settled in Full

AMEX

19-10-06 -S.A.R Letter.

Prelim - 20-11-06 £697

LBA - 2/12/06

Morgan Stanley

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

Prelm 20-11-06 £1580

23-11-06. £1076 offered.

4-12-06 - LBA

Won-£1580 14-12-06

MBNA

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

20-11-06 Prelim

WON-£4010

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Capital one buckled at the last fence.

They were quick and relatively easy, though every step of the way they tried to fob me off with about 80p rather than the £250+

Today they agreed to settle for the full amount of £309.85 which included interest and court costs. YES. without admission of liabilty etc etc yada yada yada.

Check my sig for dates etc.

Many thanks to martin and all the mods and everyone who's worked so hard at their own claims and documented it here (it's a great help).

Successfully reclaimed £13k in 2007. A bit exhausted now. Still have Post Fear but don't hide from the postman any more.

Guest wegaevca

I had the same letter where Capone was not accepting liabilty but I received a cheque on Thursday for the full amount, including court fees of £831.75.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow CAG members

I wrote to Cap One to say I wanted a refund of £120.00 in total for late payments, they credited my account with the difference between charging me £20 and £12. Although its not a full refund I'm happy with this as I admit to the late payments being my fault and have bigger fish to fry with the banking institues, but at least they didnt just send off a 'No' letter.

So keep on at them.

Hello everyone I'm new to all this so could someone please help me to understand where I begin with Capital One Account. I wasnt well last year and suffered bad panic attacks and couldnt leave the house to pay any of my bills therefore they charged me late payments and overlimit amounts numerous times. Thanks

• Like 1

Hello everyone I'm new to all this so could someone please help me to understand where I begin with Capital One Account. I wasnt well last year and suffered bad panic attacks and couldnt leave the house to pay any of my bills therefore they charged me late payments and overlimit amounts numerous times. Thanks

your posting in the wrong place m8 this is for if youve won you wont get help in here post in the main cap 1 forum!

• 2 weeks later...

I received a letter today saying they will refund the whole amount of charges, court costs and 8% interest not the 34.9% interest which I asked for. I am happy with this so I am prepared to leave it at that, and shall be donating using my credit card ;)

Thank all you guys who have helped me through this. I really appreciate you lot XXX

Total Claimed £1523.37

Total received £1162.95

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Botsy

Botsy v Capital One change to ***WON*** please.

Settled two weeks before prelim hearing in Cardiff.

Plus removal of default.

• 2 weeks later...

Clubber V Capital One

N1 issued 6th August

Deemed served 8th August

Cap One full & final settlement 13th August (not bad timing I'll give'em that, just after my bank one letting me down)

£1310 inc interest @ 8% and court costs.

Result!! Thanks to this site. I have not been posting on Cap One site but am doing on Barclays threads. Many thanks for the advice on here though.

Clubber

• 3 weeks later...

Hi was going to start Crap one thread but now no need to :D

Claim filed 17th August 2007

Crap One filed Acknowledgement of Service with intention to defend all of the claim on 28th August 2007.

Received letter from Crap One today!

Full & final settlement on a no admission of liability basis and purely as a matter of goodwill! Hooofookinraaaaaaaaaa :D

£280 + interest @ 8% + court costs

Cheque in post and will not discontinue claim in court till it is in the bank and cleared!!! ;)

Donation on way. Many thanks for a great site CAG and for all the help and advice.

Sam