buxton charge late court fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi out there,

I had a letter today from High Peak Council informing me that I have to pay £45.00 to Buxton courts for paying my council tax late in October.

I am shocked that they can charge you this amount of money in the current financial climate we are in.

I pay my council tax every month and have never defaulted, but because I was away, I wasn't able to pay until I returned home.

I pay by debit card on a monthly basis.

I can't believe that the council are allowed to charge these late fees,

the Banks have had to repay all late fees to customers recently as deemed unlawful,

so why are the Council allowed to continue???????

Next step pass the fee onto Baliffs and then they charge what the hell they like,

all because I paid a bill late!!!!!!!!!!

Hass this happened to anyone else out there????????

late fees through a court?

you sure thats just not the LO fee?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi ploddertom,

Yes because I pay by debit card I usually pay at the beginning of the month, no set date as I 'v never arranged one with the council, but they expect you to pay on 1st of every month. I don't but it's normally the first few days of the month. Yes they have sent a letter out before. But they should look at the history of my council tax, I have never missed a months payment, ever!!!! I can't believe they have the power to impose the court to intervine, when a payment is late!!!!!! I could understand if I had missed a payment, but I haven't!! You also pay in advance for the month. Should I fight my corner or surrender and pay, for no good reason!!!!

I think I would write to my MP highlighting this as it seems unfair. I can understand if you pay a month late or don't pay. Even the loan companies and banks don't impose a fee for being a few days late and if they did you could easily challenge it! Consider putting it in dispute and ask them for a breakdown of the amount as you feel the amount is not justified.

Yes because I pay by debit card I usually pay at the beginning of the month, no set date as I 'v never arranged one with the council, but they expect you to pay on 1st of every month. I don't but it's normally the first few days of the month. Yes they have sent a letter out before. But they should look at the history of my council tax, I have never missed a months payment, ever!!!! I can't believe they have the power to impose the court to intervine, when a payment is late!!!!!! I could understand if I had missed a payment, but I haven't!! You also pay in advance for the month. Should I fight my corner or surrender and pay, for no good reason!!!!

For the council to have applied for a liability you must have either paid late and received a minimum of 2 reminders or payment was made not made within the 7 days shown on the reminder.

If payments are late or missed then they have taken the action in line with legislation.