Swale Borough Council: Praises

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just thought that I'd like to make a mention for "Swale Borough Council" in Kent.

I all too often see negative things said here on the forums regarding councils, but I thought that it'd be a nice change to make a good mention!

Here's the story:

Some years ago, I was rendered homeless due to poorly managed debt and wound up staying with my parents. I went to the council (Swale) and explained the situation.

The lady I spoke to listened to me and pointed me down the various common routes one should follow to get this resolved. After following the advice, I managed to get nowhere so found myself at the council again with this young lady.

In a somewhat distressed state and almost at the point of tears, the lady asked me to hang in there and vanished for about 10 mins. She came back with some forms I had to fill in and said 'it's a long shot, but I'll do my best to help you out with this'.

Owning nothing at the stage, as my previous landlord took ALL of my worldly possessions, and desperately short of money, the lady gave me some forms for something called a 'rend deposit scheme'.

What this is, is a helping loan from the council to help someone out get back into housing. THe council, at 0% were going to try lend me enough money to pay a deposit, a bond and first months rent on a little flat'.

2 weeks later, I get the good news! They were happy to help me as I've followed their exact instructions and steps to reach this point. They then pointed me to a local letting agent who they like to recommend, and 2 weeks later I was in a happy little home of my own again, but this time I had a lovely landlord, super neighbours and some sense of security.

When I received my next pay cheque, I popped into town, got a bottle of wine, a bunch of flowers and a thank-you card for the ladies who helped me and behind the scenes who made this possible.

Since the day I gave them my little thank you, they all remember me by name (even with an almost impossible surname), they are always more than willing to help me out, I'm always greeted with a wholesome smile too!

I learned that the morals of the story are:

1) A simple thank you gesture goes a VERY long way

2) Staying calm in a difficult situation is MORE than important

3) Listen to the people who know what they are talking about and that will get you places

What would be good is seeing everyone else's success stories and happy stories encountered at the various councils as I do feel that although we scream and shout at them because it is 'our right' to get something, there are human being who work there who do try help us and deserve applause :-)

Cheers

Adridude