axa insurance joke claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been offered a joke market value on an insurance claim, but, how the hell do you contest this ? Also, they refused my 14 day courtesy car from the outset, stating that the accident repairers will provide a car, which it's fair to say they did albeit very grudgingly. But, said car after i'd signed for it had a 50mile a day limit, with penalties if exceeded ! My fiancee works 30miles away so 60mile in one day, so the courtesy car wasn't so bloody courteous, i emailed within 3/4 hrs of receipt of said car and guess what? Not had a reply yet, 4 days later! OH, this claim gets better, it's a no brainer (or so i thought) non-fault claim, yet without even knowing the facts of my case, hinted at a 50/50 liability outcome! The first thing i said when i spoke on the 'phone was:

"Under no circumstances will i agree to a 50/50 liability."

I'm seriously thinking of using a solicitor to sort this out, this is MY insurance company not the at fault third party who tried to run me off the road ! They are supposed to be working for ME! What solictor would be bothered to take this on when it's a car worth a grand? What redress do i have? Who is the regulatory body for insurers? Are they all this lazy/bad?

Heellppppppppppppppp !!!!!!!!!

Challenge them and threaten to go to the FOS if you are not completely happy with the way the claim is handled. If you ended up going to the FOS, it would cost your Insurers a £500 case fee, so they might be keen to avoid this, by being more helpful.

In regard to the car valuation, have a read of this.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-valuation.html

Use the FOS information against the Insurers. The market value they give you, should enable you to replace the car with one similar.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OH, this claim gets better, it's a no brainer (or so i thought) non-fault claim, yet without even knowing the facts of my case, hinted at a 50/50 liability outcome! The first thing i said when i spoke on the 'phone was:

"Under no circumstances will i agree to a 50/50 liability."

I'm seriously thinking of using a solicitor to sort this out, this is MY insurance company not the at fault third party who tried to run me off the road ! They are supposed to be working for ME! What solictor would be bothered to take this on when it's a car worth a grand?

Unlikely a solicitor would take it on as it would be a small claim.

What are the accident circs?

Total no brainer non-fault claim, just cannot believe how bad Sims (Axa's claims people) have handled my case, no answers, 5 different people too, they're useless. Some old duffer (70'ish) from my village comes into my lane and writes my 2nd car off, i was only in it as my car was being mot'd, spent loads on it new exhaust,battery & k&n plus 350 on brake lines 6mnths ago, then this twonk kills it! Gotta wait 'til liability is confirmed but i know these insurance companies, quite often they agree 50/50 without their clients say so, i've emailed them under no circumstances to enter a 50/50 plea on my behalf. Threatened them with FOS & that i'd refer it to a solicitor, bet they don't even respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total no brainer non-fault claim, just cannot believe how bad Sims (Axa's claims people) have handled my case, no answers, 5 different people too, they're useless. Some old duffer (70'ish) from my village comes into my lane and writes my 2nd car off, i was only in it as my car was being mot'd, spent loads on it new exhaust,battery & k&n plus 350 on brake lines 6mnths ago, then this twonk kills it! Gotta wait 'til liability is confirmed but i know these insurance companies, quite often they agree 50/50 without their clients say so, i've emailed them under no circumstances to enter a 50/50 plea on my behalf. Threatened them with FOS & that i'd refer it to a solicitor, bet they don't even respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have the third party insurers actually denied liability or made a 50/50 offer yet?

Up in the air, no liability resolution. What's really wound me up is no response to my email done over the weekend, all Monday to respond and nowt! One of the questions posed on said email was when does the 30 day transfer of policy begin? 'Cause apparently i have only 30 days to transfer it to a new car or i lose it !! Bear in mind that my policy was only on the 2nd day of it's life! It was also on monthly debits which they're gonna take in full from the cheque for the car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't insurance great !?! NOT!