summons issued, seriously miffed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys. Got home from work this evening to find the council have issued a summons for non payment of council tax, but the fact is is I pay it every month without fail as soon as I get paid [paid £100 on saturday} and I tend to pay a couple of quid over the odds. Now I do understand that if its not paid on the first of the month they can demand full payment but this has seriously annoyed me. so aia hsve composed a letter to send to them, I would be grateful for any comments.

Dear Sir,

With regard to the summons I recieved this morning 10/10/11 I respectfully request the answers to some questions I have so I can formulate a defence.

1 On what date was the summons processed and the name of the person who decided it should be issued?

2 It is signed by the 'the clerk of the justices', could you give me his name as the signature is illegible.

3 Could you please confirm whether or not it has been physically signed or is it an electronic or photo copied signature.

4I note that the summons does not appear to have the court logo on it. Can you confirm whether it was issued by the court or the council.

I think these questions are fairly straightforward and only require straightforward answers.

I would like a response within seven days,

yours etc.

If you can see where I'm going with this all input would be gratefully received.

• 3 weeks later...

Council Tax is due to be paid in full on 1st April each year. As a dispensation you are allowed to pay in instalments over a period of time - normally 10 months, unless paying by DD these instalments are usually due on 1st of each month in cleared funds. As you pay persisitently late the Council have decided to take the action they have. At any hearing the basis of the case is are you liable to pay and it is down to a simple Yes or No answer, querying liability is very narrow. If you were able to pay by DD most councils will give you a choice of dates incl 28th of the month - but each is different. The chances are they will not let you do this for the rest of this year.

Why have the Council done this? Most are strapped for cash and view any incursion as an opportunity to raise further money by issuing Liability Orders cost to you up to £150, cost to Council approx £3.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]