• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Unsure what to do!! Debt transfer from Black Horse to DLC

sully123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will post some letters underneath which i received on Saturday, I have been unemployed for a while now, but took the serious view that i still had a duty to pay my debts until my circumstances.

Well I have been paying Black horse along with others a minimum of £5 per month, Now I know they have a CCJ against me, they did it from my old address, so was unaware of it.

Well it looks like this company have bought the debt from Black Horse.

I have been paying via the banking system so i always have the proof of paying, Now the letters are dated the 29th but the debt was sold or transferred to them via the courts on the 28th of August, Surely I should of been notified, So I could go to court and ask why, and also how much they purchase the debt for?

Only if they paid £2K why would i want to give them the extra £3K+. as it must surely be my debt to Black Horse, and they must tell me otherwise.

Anyway here are letters, I sure you guys get my drift/ideas. look forward to some reply's

Thanks

blackhorsetotransferdeb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dlcforlloydswithbirming.jpg

dlcforlloyds.jpg

you're about the third one this week.

they cannot inflate the debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you're about the third one this week.

they cannot inflate the debt

dx

OK, Thanks, I understand that bit, But do I not have a right to know before they sell it, They have obviously sold it for much less then the amount owed, so why should I pay another company the full amount.

Surely if they bought for £2K then add the normal interest from back then, I would still owe them a lot less then the £5k+

I would of thought that even if i am still paying them AFTER the 28th which has been 2 payments, why no one tell me.

you cannot be charged anymore than is on the ccj judgement

they should send you a notice of assignment

which they haver

now this ccj

you say they sent it to an old address

if so, get it set aside

havve you reclaimed charges and ppi?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

now this ccj

you say they sent it to an old address

Yes, I recall the day I was leaving the property, The Bailiff said I have a notice/letter from Llyods Black Horse, but due to you been evicted today, I will just take it back to courts, That was the last I heard until I moved here, Then It was a phone call, so I told them i only deal in way of letters, I shall see if I have anything of use.

if so, get it set aside

have you reclaimed charges and ppi?

IIRC, I cancelled this shortly after taking out the loan, again I will check. for PPI.

As regards Charges, I am pretty sure there are quite a few, as loss job pretty quickly after taking out loan so no payments etc.

I guess if successful this would come off the balance.

If above is correct can I do the same against GE Money Lending, as I several Charges from them on the shortfall of the mortgage

If a CCJ has been awarded without your knowledge, you can apply to have it set aside if there is good reason. At the very least you should have been given the opportunity to defend.

I am not sure I understand what is going on with the transfer of solicitor unless there is Court action ongoing. I think you need to provide more information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

IIRC, I cancelled this shortly after taking out the loan, again I will check. for PPI.

As regards Charges, I am pretty sure there are quite a few, as loss job pretty quickly after taking out loan so no payments etc.

I guess if successful this would come off the balance.

If above is correct can I do the same against GE Money Lending, as I several Charges from them on the shortfall of the mortgage

yes get reclaiming!

dx

and they

I am not sure I understand what is going on with the transfer of solicitor unless there is Court action ongoing. I think you need to provide more information.

I have just got off the phone to DLC, they agree to my monthly payment plan, nothing changes there.

They told me they have bough a very large portfolio of debts from Black Horse.

I still think this is wrong, How can someone buy my debt, without my knowledge, thus I owe another firm. Albeit for a lot lesser amount, example been 200K of debts for £50K but they can now collect the 200K.

What law stops me selling my debt to someone else to take over?

What law stops me selling my debt to someone else to take over?

That doesn't make sense, you can't sell a debt, you have nothing to sell.

I still don't understand? I have a debt of £5K, Which I OWE to Black Horse, So why can i not pass it on to someone else to pay for me?

I do have a debt with Black Horse!! They chose to sell MY DEBT, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE!!

This is why I am upset, to send the money I owe to someone else, Who has not given me what i originally had.

Your agreement all its benefits, rights

and obligations has been sold to a third

party, they now own the debt and will

want you to pay them so they make

a profit.

The sale was made because you didn't

keep to the terms and conditions of the

agreement so the original creditor has

cut their losses by selling on the debt.

Why would anyone pay your debt for you:!::???:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I still don't understand? I have a debt of £5K, Which I OWE to Black Horse, So why can i not pass it on to someone else to pay for me?

I do have a debt with Black Horse!! They chose to sell MY DEBT, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE!!

This is why I am upset, to send the money I owe to someone else, Who has not given me what i originally had.

You have nothing to offer a buyer.

You have a debt of £5,000, is anyone going to buy it off you for £5,500, no, they would have to pay BH £5,000 so would have given you £500 for nothing and be out of pocket.

You have a debt of £5,000, is anyone going to buy it off you for £4,500, no, they would still have to pay £5,000 so would have to pay £500 more than they gave you so be out of pocket.

On the other hand.

Someone owes you £5,000 but you now can't be bothered to collect it any longer and being a bank using someone elses money, don't give a damn so sell that agreement for £5,000 to someone (dca) for £2,000. The agreement is still valid and you still owe £5,000 so if they can collect £5,000 from you, they have made a handsome profit.

If, on the other hand, you know someone who has funds to burn and are willing for whatever reason to pay your bills, there is nothing stopping them from setting up a direct debit from their account and paying it for you.

Edited by Conniff

Sorry to be a pain, Thanks for the excellent analysis Conniff, I Just think is a disgrace that they can sell my debt without my knowledge, That's the only thing the peeves me off.

Wish i knew some mug to pay my bills. LOLOLOL.

I have now found the letter BH sent me the other month with charges on it, I shall get it scanned, and wait for advise to see if there is anything as regards charges i can claim back, Just for your information, They have my debt at £4 more than the updated letter from BH, and have had a 2 further payments.

Might be a tad difficult it

looks like the charges shown

a part of the judgement order.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have you got a copy of the Judgment order and the amount that the court has ordered you to repay ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D