got a very nasty letter from my local council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

yesterday i recieved a letter form my council stating a COMMITMENT TO PRISON i was totally shocked i have been seraching for letters i sent to the council when i lost my job and i also applied for council tax benefits the amount is £1583.76 i dont have that kind of money at all.

can someone help me with this matter?

thank you

tlal05

hi everyone

yesterday i recieved a letter form my council stating a COMMITMENT TO PRISON i was totally shocked i have been seraching for letters i sent to the council when i lost my job and i also applied for council tax benefits the amount is £1583.76 i dont have that kind of money at all.

can someone help me with this matter?

thank you

tlal05

This sounds like a last measure from the Council. Is it possible letters have been going to a different address?

Did you know about the Liability Order? If so when was it obtained? How many LO@s do the Council have against you? Has there been any other enforcement action going on - Bailiffs perhaps?

This is not something to ignore. If you have applied for Benefits have you chased them up or just thought they will get back to you? Unfortunately a defence of waiting for Benefits to be sorted is no defence, if afterwards you have overpaid it will appear as credit at a later date or you apply for a refund. You need to talk to the Council ASAP - but you may not get much sympathy.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you need to take action immediately

make an appointment with your local cab or welfare advice service or community law centre

i would also suggest that you find out what happened to the benefit claim you made

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.