Medical report-rta

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had my medical report back re car accident rear ended, whiplash which i knew about, she has written it is currently causing mild to moderately severe disability, bit vague isnt it? Have to have an unknown amount of physio and it should start to improve over the next 6 months, no long term problems. Also have pains in my arm/hand which she has basically said the same as above. So how will the compensation be calculated? As mild-moderate?

You need legal advice to put your claim in correctly, do not rely on insurance co to look after you.

Are you thinking of a PI claim, raydetinu? I guess that could be no win no fee [NWNF] or possibly through legal cover within the motor policy if enocar has that?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You need legal advice to put your claim in correctly, do not rely on insurance co to look after you.

Agreed.

I think you should instruct a solicitor as the third party insurers probably won't make a fair offer and you may end up undersettling your claim.

I have a solicitor im just not sure what is meant by mild to moderately severe? Does the compensation go towards the lower end of the scale or the highest? Do they look on it as just being mild? Coz i dont see how being unable to move my arm properly for a week as being mild! And my solicitor wont give me a compensation figure til i send the paperwork back! Also if i disagree with the amount he comes up with what then?

I have a solicitor im just not sure what is meant by mild to moderately severe? Does the compensation go towards the lower end of the scale or the highest? Do they look on it as just being mild? Coz i dont see how being unable to move my arm properly for a week as being mild! And my solicitor wont give me a compensation figure til i send the paperwork back! Also if i disagree with the amount he comes up with what then?

As I said in your other thread minor neck injuries lasting between a few weeks and a year should be around £875 to £2,850. You also have an arm injury which will increase your award.

The compensation will be calculated on the length of time the medical expert says your injuries will last - the longer the prognosis the higher the award.

Your solicitor will calculate what you injuries are worth and propose an offer of settle to make to the third party - This is based on the JSB guidelines and existing case law of similar injuries. They cannot make up an unrealistic figure as you will never settle if they do and a Court would use the same criteria to work out your compensation.

Sorry to say but your injuries will fall into the "minor" bracket assuming that you make a full recovery. Only suffering for one week is mild.

• 1 month later...
how do you PM?

hello help. i had a rta and hv a medical examination in a month arranged with family lawyer. it will hv bn 2months by then and am still in pain and saw ths post and wondered if Ganymede could advise me: i have prescribed medz im takin, nhs physio arranged via A&E and struggling to sleep, pain when carrying bags on colar/shoulder and lower back pain, it has been a month and still feel pain when doin things althou physio has started to help a bit, will the Dr's prognosis count from date of accident or from date of examination? just wondered whether from the above i am suffering from mild/moderate neck/back whiplash? any adv appreciated.

The answer to both is the same.

The medical expert will take into account all medication and treatments and give an opinion on how long the injury will last.

The prognosis period is always calculated from the date of the accident/injury to when the expert believes you will fully recover.

• Confused 1