Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    comfy78 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Black Isler v Bank of Scotland

Hi there.

Submitted letter to Bank of Scotland on 9 August 2006 for 930 back in bank charges- no response.

Followed up with call to complaints department on 30 August 2006 - told to send an email. Email followed on 30 August 2006 - no response.

12 September 2006 - followed up with call to complaints call centre again. Got told that case would be assigned.

14 September 2006 - received phone callicon from bank offereing part payment of 303 for the highest 6-month period of charges over last 6 yearsicon - offer declined.

16 September 2006 - received letter from bank stating that I refused goodwill gestureicon and that I could take complaint up with Financial Ombudsmanicon Service.

19 September 2006 - sending 2nd letter to bank stating disappointment at their offer...update to follow. Fingers crossed.

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default Re: Black Isler v Bank of Scotland

I think you need to move on to the next step. lbaicon

1/9/06 RBS claim #1
    8/11/06 - claim settled
    17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard
    30/11 - CC statements received
    31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional
    Follows
    Following

BlueRuby

Quote Originally Posted by johnburns
    I think you need to move on to the next step. lbaicon
    Oh yes, you so need to move on to the next step. They are - to put it crudely - yanking your chain! - take the initiative (back), send the lbaicon

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Too True,
    Send the lbaicon, they will take the pi** as long as they can.

Basic Account Holder
    comfy78 Novitiate

Thanks everyone...should have said that letter 19.9.06 was the lbaicon - still gettin used to all the terminology. Sent my letter Recorded Delivery....no excuse for saying that they haven't received it.

The saga continues....

Basic Account Holder
    comfy78 Novitiate

Default Re: Black Isler v Bank of Scotland - Help!!!

Hi

Today I received a phone callicon from halifaxicon re my claim for bank charges. They received my letter stating that I was not happy with their offer and they I would submit a court claim if they did not respond to my request.

The lady I spoke to said that their offer (1/3 of claim amount) was final. I said to her that I would now be filing a claim against them.

Help...I am not sure what to do now. I live in England but claim is against the Bank of Scotland, but it was a Halifax customer complaintsicon representative that called. The offer letter re my complaint was sent from Bank of Scotland, Scotland.

Should I claim through the English Court system? If so, should I use the Halifax address in Leeds? Im not sure what I should do....your comments would be much appreciated.

Basic Account Holder
    lukeyboyuk Novitiate lukeyboyuk's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2006

I would claim from halifaxicon, they are the same company.

The complaints letter that I received had a Haliax sorry you're not happy leaflet in it.

Trinity Road
    Halifax
    West Yorkshire
    HX1 2RG

Company # 2367076

Barclays - Settled -1410.00
    BOS - Settled - 525
    C1 - Settled - No Idea How Much!

PPI From HFC Is Next!

Please View The FAQ's - They Contain Everything You Need!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    comfy78 Novitiate

Thanks for your help. I will give that a try!!!

All the best

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details