Nationwide

moxie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a basic flex account with Nationwise, held since last April/May. I have received a notice of charges from them dated 20/1/06, for £410.60 for various unpaid direct debits and an unauthorised overdraft fee. They say that they will debit the full amount from my account 28 days from the date of the statement which is this coming Friday. I have just discovered this site tonight and will be writing to them first thing tomorrow to ask for the charges to be waived. I'll keep you posted.

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An update. I faxed a letter, and posted it, on Tuesday to NWide asking them not to debit my account (due to happen today) due to illegal bank charges (in my view). I have heard nothing from them as yet, despite putting my phone numbers at home and work on the letter. But I've just checked and they have not taken the £400 out either. Watch this space!

Right I'm really angry now. I've just been up to the cashpoint and they have taken out the £400, it must have been after 5pm last night, really sneaky. I'm now overdrawn and have £1 to last me till Friday! Letter number 2 will be faxed on Monday morning.

It's not important. send it to the branch

It's not important. send it to the branch

Thanks for the advice. I did write to the branch last week and have not had a response. I've just gone through all my stements since I opened the account last May - I've been charged a total of £850!!!

Thanks for the advice. I did write to the branch last week and have not had a response. I've just gone through all my stements since I opened the account last May - I've been charged a total of £850!!!

Moxie, Im dealing with Nationwide at the moment, and the branch just send the letters on to the Branch Service Centre in Swindon.

I agree with Dave, the customer service is so very very poor, I spoke to a young "Stupid" Girl who didnt want to help at all, and only persistence got me through to someone who would do anything.

I wrote two letters and still managed to have dealings with 4 people. :roll:

I would keep the initial contact with your branch, so when you make your claim online, you can serve them there.

Moxie, Im dealing with Nationwide at the moment, and the branch just send the letters on to the Branch Service Centre in Swindon.

I agree with Dave, the customer service is so very very poor, I spoke to a young "Stupid" Girl who didnt want to help at all, and only persistence got me through to someone who would do anything.

I wrote two letters and still managed to have dealings with 4 people. :roll:

I would keep the initial contact with your branch, so when you make your claim online, you can serve them there.

Post your questions for Nationwide!

Nationwide online TalkBack 23 February

To submit a question you can go to http://www.nationwide.co.uk/about_n...listeningtoyou/

I've just submitted this question:

I would like to know why Nationwide persists in the practice of imposing punative penalty charges on your customers when they breach their contracts with you. You should be aware that the contracts into which your company enters with your customers, both for current accounts and for credit cards, contain clauses that, if tested in the courts, would be found to be penalties and, therefore, not legally enforceable.

Can't wait for their response! Any bets they'll ignore this one?

Post your questions for Nationwide!

Nationwide online TalkBack 23 February

To submit a question you can go to http://www.nationwide.co.uk/about_n...listeningtoyou/

I've just submitted this question:

I would like to know why Nationwide persists in the practice of imposing punative penalty charges on your customers when they breach their contracts with you. You should be aware that the contracts into which your company enters with your customers, both for current accounts and for credit cards, contain clauses that, if tested in the courts, would be found to be penalties and, therefore, not legally enforceable.

Can't wait for their response! Any bets they'll ignore this one?

Sorry about that! Just to let you know I have faxed and posted second letter today to Branch and copied to Charles Bacon at Nationwide HQ to ask for repayment of the £850 within 14 days.

Sorry about that! Just to let you know I have faxed and posted second letter today to Branch and copied to Charles Bacon at Nationwide HQ to ask for repayment of the £850 within 14 days.

I've had a reply this morning from a Kiea Weaver, customer service administrator. They have refunded me £120 and cancelled £150 worth of charges. (Small victory!) She says I am a valued member! She also says 'whilst these charges have been refunded we cannot guarantee that future requests will be granted'.

Advice please - should I now take out court proceedings?

No my total claim was for £850. They have already credited me with the £120 on 25 Feb. and they have cancelled the £150 they were going to take out in March. Thinking about why they have given me £120, isn't that how much it costs to take them to the small claims court??

Amazing that they refunded you some of it without an agreement to drop the whole thing.

Anyway, now claim the rest

Guest enforcer

ive had the same reponse only they refunded me £200 on a claim of close to £1700..my second letter went the next day..im now waiting 14 more days for a response or else its moneyclaimonline...

I had given them 14 days to respond, they actually moved pretty fast and well within the 14 days. I'm just not sure what to do next - my inclination is to write back thanking them for the refund but asking for the full amount and again give them 14 days. I don't think I want to go straight to court action when they at least have given me something back, without giving them a second chance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks