Council admit they are at fault but wont refund court costs - How to complain?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A quick overview.

Council tax slightly in arrears due to paying slightly short every month.

Received first letter informing of this so pay the difference.

Missed another payment this time got final reminder saying we had lost the right to pay monthly and the full amount was now due.

Rang the council to pay the full years amount and was informed that despite the letter we could pay the arrears and then continue monthly which was better, paid the arrears and augusts payments, was informed we were up to date and the next payment was due september 14th.

Last saturday received summons for remainder of year in addition to £85 costs.

Rang the council and they were brickwall solid, pay or it goes to court and baylifs will be used, I have paid the full amount + the £85 court fees as I dont really want the hassle however I intend on trying to get the fee back.

The woman on the phone advised me that the notes from the last call were "customer paid arrears as well as augusts installment, informed customer next installment due september 14th". But the woman on the phone just said I was miss informed and that there was nothing she could do as the final reminder had been issued before I rang.

I just wondered what is the best way of complaining?, this is a clear case of incompetence by the last call handler who should of accepted my full payment rather than advising me I could carry on installments. I had enough money to pay in full but was wrongly advised I didnt need to pay in full therefore causing me to be £85 out of pocket.