• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wifes RBS credit card - wescot/Regal Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody had any dealings with Wescot Credit Services

I would be interested to about experiences you may have had and how best to deal with them.

They seem to follow the same general way of most debt collectors " threaten first and the back off when you fight back".

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, Welcome,

Please gives some details of your dealing with

Westcott it will be easier to advise.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig

Not much to say at the moment.

Its to do with a credit card that my wife had some few years ago.

I've sent them a reply letter stating that we will only deal with in writing

and to send us details of this matter like aggreement, terms and conditions and statements.

So we've heard nothing but its early days yet.

Regards

Mike

Hi, Did you do this a a full CCA request

and send the £1 statutory fee for the

agreement if not Weatcott may well ignore

it, or send it back requesting the fee.

The statutory time scale is 12+2 days

for a response.

Did you state that you do not acknowledge

any debt to them or any company they

claim to represent?

Were you notified by notice of assignment

from the original creditor that Westcott

are now dealing with the debt?

sorry for all the questions but it's needed

to be able to get the full SP.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi

No we havn't had any notice of assignment I must admit that this is not something I'm familliar with, some info here would be useful.

As to your other questions,

no I havn't made a full CCA request yet this would be my next move dependant on their reply.

Regatrds

Mike

Hi, Mike my concern for you was that we are very familiar

with Westcott on the forums is that they will just ignore

a simple requests which they may well claim they don't

have to comply.

As to what they are like to deal with IMHO obstructive,

and misleading.

Brig.:madgrin:

Hi Brig

Thanks for your reply.

Don't worry I'm very familliar with the required processes and I don't frighten easily.

I would still be gratefull for some advice on this notice of assignment detail.

Regards

Mike

A notice of assignment must be sent by the

creditor to the debtor to sate that they

have transferred by the assignment

either the full rights and benefits and obligations

of the original agreement or simply assigned

the DCA to act on their behalf (this might Not be the correct wording but will explain the process)

Basically if no NOA is provided technically the DCA cannot act.

I had an interview for Wescot's today and for the first half an hour they gave a 30 minutes speech about the company.

They told us they buy numbers from data companys (who get peoples numbers when they join websites, fill out forms etc).

They then send out these generic texts to thousands and thousands of people, a small fraction of which will actually have debts.

You ring them, they try find an outstanding debt, collect it, send it to the rightful owner and take commission.

A really disgusting company, I really hope they don't ring me for the next stage of the interviews, I won't be working for vile like that.

It isn't only wetcloths that buy up peoples data, ALL DCA's use the same underhand tactic, that's why they are all in their chosen corrupt rotten to the core industry, because just like oxygen keeps the rest of us alive, they only need money and they will try any method they can think of to fleece people of it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Perhaps you should take the job we need a mole,

they look in on CAG so why not:jaw::madgrin:

It would seem that most if not all DCA's have a very underhand and aggressive nature which makes me wonder why any decent minded person would want to work for them. With all the complaits that must exist about their business methods the question I have to ask is, why are they still in business and why can't the finance companies collect their own debts?

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received a letter from Wescot wanting to know my wifes date of birth

her last address and the date vacated.

Not withstanding the fact that is a very suspicious line of enquiry

can anyone think what the purpose of it is.

Should I ignore the letter or should I reply demanding a notice of assignment.

Regards

Mike

Hello Mike, yes I have had "dealings" with Wescot this week and have to say that I have never come across a more obstructive company.

I received 2 text messages asking me to contact them urgently and then a RED letter threatening me over an unpaid direct debit to TOPUP-TV of £12.99.

The letter was addressed to my husband who works away from home and because of "data protection" they refused to discuss the matter with me

But were quite happy to take a payment from me!!!

I then contacted Topup.Tv to sort the matter out and to complain about the company that they obviously use for their outstanding monthly fees.

They apologized profusely and were happy to discuss the matter with me and not my husband as apparently I was an "authorized" contact on his account.

I received one of the text messages this morning and rang again,

pre-empting their response to the call from the Mrs and not the Mr - their attitude was predictable - disgusting and unhelpful!!

I then asked them to check their incoming payments with the reference numbers from the payment I had previously made and stated that if they were not able to discuss matters with me then they must remove my mobile number from their records.

My main worry is that if they act in this manner over £12.99 then God help those who owe more than that - it is obvious that customer service is not high on their list of priorities. I wonder if they are covered by the Banking Code - might be worth investigating?? They must have to be compliant to some regulatory body surely??? I wonder if the BBC's Watchdog would be interested??

Best wishes...............Lois

Wetcloths, the epitome of the financial collection industry, the ones who are laughed at and joked about by the rest of the clowns in their chosen industry.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They hold a consumer credit licence from

the Office of Fair Trading, you can report

this matter to them.

OFT will log all complaints then consider them

in bulk when renewing the licence, the OFT cannot

respond to individual complaints other than to acknowledge receipt,

also the do not reveal what action they take.

• 1 month later...

I've sent a CCA to wescot over a week ago

they have now replied and returned our original CCA request letter

and the postal order saying they can't deal with it as we have not sent then details of previous addresses etc.

Any ideas what our next step should be?

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, what a load of bowlocks

they are writing to you at your current

address so why do they need to know

previous addresses, send them the account

in dispute letter from the library together

with your original request and PO and

tell them to on with your lawful request.

Brig.

I'd thank them for informing you that the matter is now closed as they feel unable to deal with you competently or professionally, what a hilarious inept bunch of fools.

OFT&TS complaint is a defo....

I returned the CCA to them with a covering letter telling them to get on with their legal duty etc.

They've yet again returned the whole lot to me saying it will not be dealt with until we provide our previous addresses.

I've done what they did and parcelled the whole lot up with another covering letter

saying that I can only conclude that they are not sure if this is actually our debt

and they are hoping that I might just pay up anyway (fat chance).

I've also told them that they are now out of time and unless they come up with the goods a follow up letter will be sent.

I suppose I've just got to wait now for that lot to come back.

Incidentally, they returned our correspondence in an unsealed envelope.

Regards

Mike

I think Wescott are attempting to link other

debts or accounts to the OP, it's happened

a few time requiring ''further information and

previous addresses'' one person did send the

information when advised not to and 4 more

debts miraculously appeared.