Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder djscissorkicks Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default RBS - Getting ready to send

Hi there, I have been getting my head around the process involved for a week or so and i think i am ready to claim (about 1500 on my RBSicon Royalties account since 2000). I will be splitting it into claims under 750 at a time. The only thing I want to look into a bit further is the potential problem of an RBS loan I also have. I feel if the bank started demanding money back from the loan it could be seen as victimisation or a revenge tactic as the loan agreement is a seperate contract to the account and it has been maintained perfectly since it was taken out. Does anyone know the best place to get legal advice on this one?

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder sparkymark75 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Re: RBS - Getting ready to send

As you've stated, it's a different contract from your bank account and unless there's a specific mention of the fact that the bank can ask for the money back at any time (as they can with an overdraft), then I think you'll be OK, especially as you've never missed or been late with a payment.

Basic Account Holder vix2000 Novitiate vix2000's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Hi. Did you ever get an answer to what referral charges are? The best explaination I had was that its when something is referred to the manager to authorise payment. Not sur if thats it so if you know different I'd be grateful. Have you included these in your claim?

BlueRuby

Unhappy Re: RBS - Getting ready to send

I definitely included referral charges in my claim! They told me that they capped referrals at 60 (how kind) - every time a cheque or a direct debiticon comes out of your account when there are no funds to cover it, it is 'referred' and charged - in my time at 20 a time capped at 60. I think that's terrible.

BlueRuby

Unhappy Re: RBS - Getting ready to send

I just thought of something else. When I was with the RBSicon, when I got my statement there was a separate sheet with a note of what charges they were going to apply to your account the following month. THE REFERRAL CHARGES WERE NOT ON THAT SHEET. You have to go through your statements picking them out!

Our account had nearly £2000 charges, mostly referral charges. Bookworm wasn't sure whether they could be claimed and told me to check what they were for. As I can't get a satisfactory answer I'm going to send them a letter before actionicon including them all and take it from there. Thanks for the help.

Hi. Also, what address do you send your letters to, a head office or your local branch. I would prefer the head office but can't find an address on the web or this forum.

BlueRuby

I sent my letter to my branch which was in Victoria, London but there are contact details for RBSicon on a sticky at the top of this link.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details