Davenproy lyons lawyers suspended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent news, lets hope they regret getting involved in this mucky business, it has without a doubt sullied the name of solicitors, so the SRA is doing the right things, lets hope Mr Andrew "I'm bankrupt but still got a massive house and a Bentley in the drive" Crossley is getting worried :)Andy

Excellent news, lets hope they regret getting involved in this mucky business, it has without a doubt sullied the name of solicitors, so the SRA is doing the right things, lets hope Mr Andrew "I'm bankrupt but still got a massive house and a Bentley in the drive" Crossley is getting worried :)Andy

Have you ever passed a pub called 'The Honest Lawyer', or had a drink in one and wondered about the name?

David

....and another thing!!! as the OH says.

so the SRA is doing the right things, after 2 years of doing absolutely nothing while this [problem] ran on.

From my own experience with this self serving quango, unless you can catch a solicitor going over the back wall complete with striped jumper and a bag full of cash marked 'swag', you will get little interest.

I would not trust them with a push chair in the middle of a disused aerodrome.

David

Certainly the supervision is a lot

slacker than when the Law Society

regulated the profession.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

In my case, I searched Google (sra, ******), the person investigating.

I wish I had an employer that alllows me to chat to my friends, book concert tickets etc, when they are supposed to be working for a living.

David

PS: Try it yourself: Just put their government e-mail address into Google and search.

David be sensible when has anyone working for these so called

regulatory Quangos' ever done a real days work, to your advice

and had a look it really is astounding what they get away with.

It's the same though through any and every ''government''

agency ministry or what ever if the word government is

mentioned right down to the local councils all a ripping off

the tax paying public especially in England.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The Law Society Represents Solicitors and promotes

good practice, training, publicity etc.

The SRA regulates and enforces legislation and the conduct

of the solicitors as individuasl or firms to put it simply

although it does go a lot further!

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

• 4 weeks later...

In reply to Cashins - we have the"The Honest Lawyer" pub in Lodge Road Southampton. The only consolation is that the pub a few doors down is "The Bent Brief"! That makes up for it!

I can only say that these lawyers should have been part of the FSB who would have advised them on their behaviour for free!

Regards to all

In reply to Cashins - we have the"The Honest Lawyer" pub in Lodge Road Southampton. The only consolation is that the pub a few doors down is "The Bent Brief"! That makes up for it!

I can only say that these lawyers should have been part of the FSB who would have advised them on their behaviour for free!

Regards to all

True, I have had a drink there on more than one occassion.

David

They've got rid of the 'Fairy Lights' by the looks; http://southampton-pubs.co.uk/juniperberry/index.htm

It was '82 when i was last in there.

What can you say, the place was a falling down larf if you didn't take it seriously.

'82 would be a bit late for German Ede's down on East Park.

David

As a naive young squaddie it certainly opened my eyes to a world that I never knew existed., topless Go-Go dancers, strippers etc the lot. The crumpet in the place was unbelievable.

When it was my turn to get the round in I happened to mention to the barman that with all the tottie in there I couldn't understand that there was hardly any fellas but us squaddies. He just said "Put it this way, if you dance with any of them and put your hands were you shouldn't you'll grab a handful of more than you expect". Later that night one of the 'girls' got stabbed by a matelot when he grabbed more than he expected.

I only went in a couple of times after that & always in a group after we'd come across from Marchwood on the Hubbard lighter boat which acted as a water taxi for the camp.

A bit of history:

That area was pretty lively at night with other bars and a nightclub in nearby St Michael Sq. By then though, most of the 'working girls' had moved down to St Mary's. As with many town, refurbishment of the inner city areas brought respectability , rising property prices and complaints from the new residents regarding places like this. (Bit like moving near the airport then complaining about the noise). Upshot was it wasn't long before the rest followed the girls down to St Mary's.

David

TBH I didn't go across very often I preferred the local pub in Marchwood, the Mess or the surrounding villages. Sometimes we used to go to Hythe, Bucklers Hard or Lymington or across to the IoW. We had use of the Regimental yacht so besides working on the 'oggin we spent much of our leisure time on it as well. ;)