Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    skeetoids Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Skeetoids V's RBS - Going to court

Hi Folks ,
    My story so far:
    8th June 2006 - letter to RBSicon for bank statements
    17th June 2006 - statements received on 17th June 2006 - no covering letter
    19th June 2006 - letter to RBS requesting refund of bank charges
    3rd July 2006 - letter to RBS re 'letter before actionicon'
    13th July 2006 - standard letter from RBS - 'our charges are fair' etc.
    18th July 2006 - file small claimicon with Edinburgh Sheriff Court
    12th September 2006 - prelimenary hearing date - RBS must respond on or before this date
    14th September 2006 - letter from RBS solicitors and Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Solicitor submits an 'incidental application' on behalf of the Defender (RBS) to allow the attached Notice of Intention to Defend to be lodged late. Letter from Sheriff Court informs me I must attend court on the hearing date of Tuesday 19th September 2006 @ 9:45am.
    So, it seems that RBS (now known as edit B******S of Scotland) are attempting to defend my claim . Well, on Tuesday 19th September I intend to request that the Sheriff dismisses any request from RBS to delay there response and that they have had long enough to cough up my cash. Not to mention there late, and frankly poor response, makes not only a mockery of the Scottish justice system but has now p****d me off to the max!!!
    If anyone has had a similar experience I'd appreciate any advice you can provide. I'll up date this post after i've been to court and let you know the outcome. Hopefully, i'll get my cash back???Then i'll be laughing my way to another bank.

EDITED due to libelous wording.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    orfoster Novitiate orfoster Novitiate orfoster's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Re: Skeetoids V's RBS - Going to court

I will be watching closely to your thread, im sure others will help you also. You may want to PM a MOD for more help but my bet is that they pay up Monday morning for you as i cannot see this going to court if you have followed everything correctly. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    skeetoids Novitiate

Hi Folks :grin: , (updates in red)
    My story so far:
    12th September 2006 - prelimenary hearing date - RBS must respond on or before this date
    14th September 2006 - letter from RBS solicitors and Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Solicitor submits an 'incidental application' on behalf of the Defender (RBS) to allow the attached Notice of Intention to Defend to be lodged late. Letter from Sheriff Court informs me I must attend court on the hearing date of Tuesday 19th September 2006 @ 9:45am.
    18th September 2006 - phone callicon from RBS. Will settle claim in full, including expenses, today! Furthermore, as I could only afford to raise a small claim I told the bank I also had approx. £1,000 left to claim. I need to send them a full schedule of the charges and it's looks like they will be refunding the lot!!! Woo-hoo!!! More up dates to follow!

Basic Account Holder
    DaringDon Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Brilliant stuff mate. I'm at the very beginning of the process and my main worry is it actually going to court.

Stories such as yours really help settle the nerves.

Well done my friend

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes
    28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000
    04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Nice One

Currently Reclaiming PPI
    Santander (Evans Store Card)
    MBNA (A&L Credit Card)
    RBS (Natwest Loan) Settled
    Bank Charges Reclaimed
    RBS Bank Acc £1750 Settle In Full 16/10/2006
    RBS Credit Card £132 18/09/2006
    Bankrupt May 2009

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    fiona_c Novitiate

Thumbs up Re: Skeetoids V's RBS - Going to court

Well done!!! My return date is 11/10 so hopefully I'll get the same response as you!
    Fiona

Basic Account Holder
    skeetoids Novitiate

Hi Folks :grin: , (updates in green)
    My story so far:
    18th September 2006 :grin: - phone callicon from RBS. Will settle claim in full, including expenses, today! Furthermore, as I could only afford to raise a small claim I told the bank I also had approx. £1,000 left to claim. I need to send them a full schedule of the charges and it's looks like they will be refunding the lot!!! Woo-hoo!!! More up dates to follow!
    18th September 2006 - received e-mail from RBS confirming full claim amount plus court costs will be credited to my account tomorrow morning. Also, they are instructing their solicitor to request an extension on the court hearing date by 1 week until i'm satisfied I have recieved all the cash!!! Update soon!

Basic Account Holder
    skeetoids Novitiate

Hi Folks :grin: , (updates in blue)
    My story so far:
    18th September 2006 :grin: - phone callicon from RBS. Will settle claim in full, including expenses, today! Furthermore, as I could only afford to raise a small claim I told the bank I also had approx. £1,000 left to claim. I need to send them a full schedule of the charges and it's looks like they will be refunding the lot!!! Woo-hoo!!! More up dates to follow!
    18th September 2006 - received e-mail from RBS confirming full claim amount plus court costs will be credited to my account tomorrow morning. Also, they are instructing their solicitor to request an extension on the court hearing date by 1 week until i'm satisfied I have recieved all the cash!!! Update soon!
    19th September 2006 - RBS settled small claim in full - £739 paid directly to account this AM. List of outstanding charges sent direct to RBS solicitor for consideration. Hopefully, Full and finalicon settlement!!! Update soon!

Basic Account Holder
    fiona_c Novitiate

Talking Re: Skeetoids V's RBS - Going to court

Hi there
    Similar success!! Bank offering to settle claim of £739.04 +expenses. I now have to hit them with full amount from both accounts totalling £13,000 - watch this space!!
    Fiona

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details